Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:32 AM

name: Panzer (open to suggestions)

type: heavy artillery

base stats: health 150

shield 100

armor 300

power 120

stamina 250

description: much like the corpus created valkyr in the zanuka labs the grineer have tried thier hands a creating a warframe. called the Panzer this tank on legs bring heavy artillery to the battle field. while slowest of all the frames the Panzer makes up for it with his powers.

abilities: suppressor turret- able to be redeployed at any time. whether attached to the floor or a wall it tracks and fires at enemies with twin weapons akin to the dual cestras.

spider mines- similar to the rolling grenades thrown by the grineer these mobile mines seek out and attach themselves to their targets and explode after 5 seconds dealing damage to everything in a 15 meter radius.

riot shield- similar to rhino's iron skin the Panzer pulls out a shield. While using this shield players are limited to secondary weapons only and will use the riot shield to bash enemies who get too close.

target lock- the Panzer designates targets (max of ten) after which he launches a barrage of missiles from his shoulder mounted pods each missile will seek out a single designated target if target is killed before impact missiles will self destruct doing 50% of its damage to nearby enemies.

Yes I posted this quite some time ago but still like the idea and I'd love to play it.

Edited by (PS4)dragonsfollwer

This guy is a tank.  He is the whole tank.

The way the OP describes the powers 1, 2 and 4, they are damage dealing powers. Also thinking of real life artillery emplacements, they are not heavily armoured and they are used in a rearguard support role.

Basically you'd have to choose some kind of weakness, should the frame be tough and have less DPS orientated powers? Or should the frame be DPS heavy (as shown above) and less tankish?

I doubt you'd be able to have your cake and eat it.

The way the OP describes the powers 1, 2 and 4, they are damage dealing powers. Also thinking of real life artillery emplacements, they are not heavily armoured and they are used in a rearguard support role.

Basically you'd have to choose some kind of weakness, should the frame be tough and have less DPS orientated powers? Or should the frame be DPS heavy (as shown above) and less tankish?

I doubt you'd be able to have your cake and eat it.

current in game "tanks" are all heavy Armour and capable of a lot of dps. One rhino stomp can kill hoards, Avalanche does the same as well as the Valkire ult. The sentry is no different then vaubans tesla or chroma effigy. I'm sorry I fail to see your point. Also having been in the us military I can tell you the Paladin tank is an artillery tank WITH heavy armour Edited by (PS4)dragonsfollwer

Corpus heavy armour with side missile launchers on his shoulders and a riot shield on his back from the power descriptions is a design must I suppose. Build wise, definitely around or heavier than Rhino. Supports heavy artillery. Sufficient mass required to compensate for load.

Visual suggestion.

Role? Possibly a defensive frame to augment Frost or Vauban. Offensively? Riot shield blocks of a corridor and provides cover for cellmates. Not meant for rushing. Strengths seems to be in mobile defense and defense.

Edited by SpectreOverlord37

Seems like this would be better as a longrange Sniper/Rocket platform. Id like to know what kind of technolgy the tenno had that forced us to switch to"Gun and Blade" when we fought the sentients.

You could change the 4th to another type of turret.

This would give it 1 Cannon Turret and 1 Rocket turret.

Any thoughts?

Edited by (XB1)LordPuck

idont' care about the nay sayers and doom bringers, thsi guy rocks :) personally, i'd prefer a 'heat seaker' rather then a small spider bomb, but eh, that smy personal tastes. I love thsi frame :) since rhino already excists, how about instead an elaphent. While not aggresive by nature, its one hell of a beast and woudl stomb a rhino flat...i think. Love the concept +5

When sentients come, they will hack your missiles and send it back to you lol.

Lore wise it's not gonna happen.

And peacemaker is bad enough for homing weapon

If you want military frame it would be something like 1.CC flash bang 2.shield 3.crossfire buff 4.AOE Dps

Which is quite similar to volt.....

Edited by Volinus7

Well I can picture what this guy would look like. But I reconized the name, from the WWII prototype warframe (which where the name of the warframes did come from). But if no one still reconizes it, u might if u played that one map from cod bo2 zombies with the giant robots and the elemental staves, which is called the Panzer Soldat

Edited by TheWanderin