Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spicing Up Mesa's Peacemaker

Fionntan

I think it's only natural people who play Mesa don't want it changed much like the panic that happened when Nova's Molecular Prime was nerfed a ways back. There are probably many players who don't abuse Peacemaker. The trick is to change Peacemaker in a way so that it is still functional, but you can't just sit and hold a key down for an entire mission. I also realize Mesa isn't the sole problem. There is a certain synergy with other frames such as a Mag/Nekros combo. I've done missions sithout the frame combo though. I've used Large Energy Restores to the same effect.

It doesn't help to point out the OPness of other frames either. Make a different topic like the Saryn one mentioned above.

The problem isn't that Peacemaker is a powerful ability. The problem is it literally takes almsot zero game interaction when it's abused.

This.  Abilities should be powerful, but they shouldn't give us that power for free, in almost all circumstances, and with little or no interaction required.

Yes, this is the point of the thread.

use mesa pace maker in any other mission then Defense ..... i dont think she will do anything AT ALL. An ability being OP for one type of mission isnt an OP ability AT ALL. Please stop declaring mesa as the only Bad ! in town.

Except that I can do the same thing in any mission with unlimited enemies -- Survival, Interception, Excavation. In those, it's actually more effective because it shoots MORE enemies -- Defense missions have a certain number of enemies per wave.

THe only missions she cant do that in are ones that require you to complete an objective OTHER THAN killing enemies.

you amaze me, u say she is OP in most missions ok lets start one by one and compare it with another op frame

1-5 ;1 being the lowest 5 being the highest score

1. Defense 

Mesa is damn good at it, but cant do anything without g mag> 4

Nova wrecks everything up she needs no other frame to make her more lethal> 5

Loki is an invisible TENNO manic, but cant solo it as he needs someone to guard the pod> 2

2. Interception

Mesa is crap >1

Nova is still the BOSS with 250% duration in t4I u can ult from the mid tower adn it will reach all 4 towers >5

Loki is op there he stays invisible can kill enemies without any fear of being spotted and is very useful >5

3. Sabotage

Mesa is neither very bad nor very good >3

Nova still rocks >5

Loki is Op there >5

4. Exterminate

Mesa is crap cant do anything, her ult stops her dead in her tracks while ure team mates will run havoc while running and killing >1

Nova is ok but not bad >3

Loki is OP as *** >5

5. Excavation

Mesa cant do much if u dont have frost, she will die soon, if no g mag she wont have any energy to run her ult >2

Nova is OP, she will ult once and kill everyone , grab energy from ground ult again and there u go she just solod it >5

Loki  is still OP, he goes invisible and kills >4

6. Survival

MESA;Its stupid to take mesa in a survival mission dont know where you got that idea from OP, i mean im laughing at the above statement >1

NOVA, no one enters a survival without slow or fast nova>5

Loki , Spam disarm enough said>5

7. SPY

MESA ... lol she cant spy >1

NOVA is good as she can slow everything down and crack open locks easily>3

Loki is the MAster >5

Where is you GOD now OP (pun intended)

People just want to talk about nerfs cuz they dont want a frame to over power their fav frame at one certain mission ... thats something you should keep away from doing so leads the DEVS into believing that such frame is TRULY OP in all instances but on ground it is not and once it gets affected by it, they dont bother to fix it.

Edited by saintsspider

Most or ALL abilities of ALL frames are almost free of cost in warframe, the only non freedom ult is of MESA, as it fixes her dead in her tracks, which is bad sign if u look at it from a strategic view. 

I might as well call necros OP as he spawn too much survival capsules, they should nerf that

G mag should also be nerfed, how is it possible to draw the loot from all direction with just one pull and that too which cost so less energy

Dont get me started on NOva m prime... Jesus

Loki can spam away disarm or radial disarm .... that should be nerfed without any question

Frost Globe shouldnt be able to be recasted ... i mean exemus cant recast their globe when it is destroyed so y should frost be able to do so

TE mirage should be banned from using in T4's 

Nyx should not be that much tanky

-snip-

We're to start...

*puts reading glasses*

1) Defense

She can do just about fine without G-Mag; Pop energy restore or even better: have Limbo Banish Mesa ~

2) Interception

You're kidding right?

There's reason why Mesa took Excal's spot for Draco Farming. Having both Nova and Loki are simply an icing on the cake for her. 

3) Sabotage

Any frame can do just fine there, no frame is better than another since this mission is A) Find Caches and B) Mobile Defense with a side dish of Boss kill.

It all boils down to preference

4) Exterminate

She can simply just equip a melee to fling/copter ahead of the team and press 4. Any enemies that "nullify" her can be dealt with weapons at hand. 

Again this missions favors all frames that can keep up with the team and have all round build.

5) Excavation

This favors on frames that can synergies defense so same deal as 1) Energy Restore or Limbo

Nova and Loki are a plus ~~

6) Survival

It is a given to have a decent team, Mesa or not. 

Again Nova and Loki are a plus ~~

7) Spy

Is doable with Mesa using the right weapons and sentinel/kubrow that got stealth

It is however recommended to bring anything else, aside from Loki, to stealth easier

Conclusion

Nova and Loki have been tweaked to point their are optimal and well rounded builds is a give

They both give something for teammates to work with

Which isn't the case for Mesa

Also, this is toward focus on Mesa only thread

Comparing Orange(other frames) to Lemonade(Mesa) wont help bring the best flavors from each fruit.

I'll reiterate is not that she's OP, she just needs tweaks or some motivation for more player's input.

As for what DE will decided or does is their ball in the park with or without feedback

Mesa is fine! -  Stop asking for Nurfs! -  Maybe if you played T4 defense past 20 you would understand this ability.

And once again, we come back to the fact that we're not balancing the game for endless t4 stuff.

Further, the damage will be the same on her shots -- it's just the number that you can make without having to do something else while it reloads is being reduced.

[Post regarding mesa in all different gamemodes]

Someone else already answered this.

We're to start...

*puts reading glasses*

1) Defense

She can do just about fine without G-Mag; Pop energy restore or even better: have Limbo Banish Mesa ~

2) Interception

You're kidding right?

There's reason why Mesa took Excal's spot for Draco Farming. Having both Nova and Loki are simply an icing on the cake for her. 

3) Sabotage

Any frame can do just fine there, no frame is better than another since this mission is A) Find Caches and B) Mobile Defense with a side dish of Boss kill.

It all boils down to preference

4) Exterminate

She can simply just equip a melee to fling/copter ahead of the team and press 4. Any enemies that "nullify" her can be dealt with weapons at hand. 

Again this missions favors all frames that can keep up with the team and have all round build.

5) Excavation

This favors on frames that can synergies defense so same deal as 1) Energy Restore or Limbo

Nova and Loki are a plus ~~

6) Survival

It is a given to have a decent team, Mesa or not. 

Again Nova and Loki are a plus ~~

7) Spy

Is doable with Mesa using the right weapons and sentinel/kubrow that got stealth

It is however recommended to bring anything else, aside from Loki, to stealth easier

Conclusion

Nova and Loki have been tweaked to point their are optimal and well rounded builds is a give

They both give something for teammates to work with

Which isn't the case for Mesa

Also, this is toward focus on Mesa only thread

Comparing Orange(other frames) to Lemonade(Mesa) wont help bring the best flavors from each fruit.

I'll reiterate is not that she's OP, she just needs tweaks or some motivation for more player's input.

As for what DE will decided or does is their ball in the park with or without feedback

you might need to re look at what i wrote in conjunction to OPs statement about pacemaker needing a nerf

, u need to use common sense too along with ur reading glasses dude

These abilities are all compared with the other frames based on their 4rth ability only as thats what u guys are babbling about. 

Draco cant be done without TE mirage and g mag or frost. Mesa alone is crappier then a wood pile

There are no oranges and lemons only warframes and all warframes ult lies in the same category ... that is ULT category 

you might need to re look at what i wrote in conjunction to OPs statement about pacemaker needing a nerf

, u need to use common sense too along with ur reading glasses dude

These abilities are all compared with the other frames based on their 4rth ability only as thats what u guys are babbling about. 

Draco cant be done without TE mirage and g mag or frost. Mesa alone is crappier then a wood pile

There are no oranges and lemons only warframes and all warframes ult lies in the same category ... that is ULT category 

Doesn't change the fact Mesa's alone ult leaves nothing on the plate for other's to contribute with little effort in return. To the point that it promotes Afking. 

Regardless of mission types. 

Fruits aside, it is futile to compare them as equal. Even if they are considered "ultimates" as a whole category each one has is ups and downs and are not identical.