Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slight Reminder And Clarification Of Meta.

Revel72

This following thread is about META what is hated and has received critique from gamers that it shouldn't exist but it unavoidably comes out in games. So here is some of my thoughts in the text.

Here is one person named STAR from youtube talks about the META. Listen it, think about it and construct your thoughts. Sure the game is different but there should be scraps of information what comes useful. Basically META is when group of people who are skilled in the game uses portion of content and finds them to be somewhat superior than other content combinations or content in the game in general.

From here these players gives forward a formula of "How to succeed more easily in something" and as more people finds about it too and follows it. It becomes a META as the players who see somebody else doing something outside from expected somebody to do. They either starts arguing or thinking after trying how it goes.

Example: If person who I am working with gets switched to somebody else and I accidentally think that he is going to do things same as the person who I had before with me and ends up doing the things in different way. There would be three possible outcomes in this on my part: 1. I start asking has he done this kind of thing before and start a conversation how the job can be done better and still keep his unique touch. 2. I would ask that what is going on and that might end up go either to bad direction or good direction or 3. I completely ignore what person is doing differently and follow what person is doing.

I mostly tend to go find my own path on modding warframes and my goal is. Over all good modding and consistent result of well done missions. I admit I myself time to time end up either disliking it or just hate it the META game myself too but HEAR me out on this.

It is a great point to start, become a pioneer and evolve as yourself and as player. Why? Because you find that it doesn't fit you or there is something to adjust on your angle, takes time to get used to or you add your own touch to it.

One sure thing is that as long as there is people playing games there will be a META in some form I am sorry but that is just the truth what we can either swallow after some biting or swallow the subject as whole but not on all games. One genre where they are somewhat less consistent are racing games. Because the developers of the game made content what are side grades in their class limitations.

To all readers this is not really a complain about META this is my opinion about it and this is slight of clarification what this thing is middle of us in gaming. So let's hear your thoughts about META not in warframe. Just in general what are your thoughts?

the 'Meta' in Driving Games would be cheating and warping yourself to the finish.

e.e

Don't know about that since I think most of the people who plays driving games are more of casual people. Do you have anything else thread involving to say?

VampirePirate. Ah... What?

Edited by Revel72

Do you have anything else thread involving to say?

only that i don't care for Meta whatever whatever in whatever game so long as it isn't skipping the game or not playing the game or whatever can be tallied up to... well, not actually playing the game.

this even includes, say, repeating the same move in a Fighting game over and over to stunlock cheese to a victory (in a theoretical situation where this is possible). this would obviously be the best way to make sure that you win, since you can't get hit while stunlocking your opponent, but that shouldn't be the case and is rather unacceptable.

only that i don't care for Meta whatever whatever in whatever game so long as it isn't skipping the game or not playing the game or whatever can be tallied up to... well, not actually playing the game.

So you see META mostly made to speedrun stuff in the game? Well I can agree on that on some cases but as usual there is exceptions and I guess both of us and quite a lot of people here knows that.

DID YA SAY SPEEDRUN?

I should have had been a bit more specific when I said speedrun and TAS speedruns are kind of bad speedruns. Because already TAS says "Tool Assisted Speedrun" Warframe is perfect for speedruns on my opinions. There is few reasons why: no macros are allowed, maps are random generated and enemies are random.

Anyway back to subject. FV-Metheria I discussed quickly with few people where this should be posted and I would like to keep the thread on the subject. And the subject is META. I had a speech about Speedruns in general discussion and warframe based on it in Fan concepts so if you are fan of it. The concept should be able to found from my profiles reputation list. Tool Assisted Speedrun is way different thing than META game formula used speedrun. Because tools are made by a person but META game is created by portion of game's community.