The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nef Anyo And Alad V Should Have Equal Rewards.

Goosmo

Two different weapons that are subjectively different in many ways are unequal, but not better or worse than one another in totality.

Rare fusion cores offered against a lower number of silver cores, or against 50k credits? The disparity of the battle pays isn't subjective, there is no way to possibly prefer silver cores or a small amount of credits over rare cores.

What you said that the Karak Wraith being superior to the Dera Vandal cannot be proven to be true, but Rare cores are completely better than uncommon cores. Apples-to-Apples kind of better.

I call bull.  The community would not have favored the Karak so heavily at the beginning if not for the belief that it was objectively better.  It didn't lose do to chance or vague community preferences - it lost because it was non-hitscan vs hitscan, which is objectively better.

Not of course, that it actually has to be objectively better.  A weapon favored by the community at large - for ANY reason - is still an objectively undeniable advantage. 

Edited by Phatose

Everytime someone says "the community said, chose, decided", I cringe. Because what they really mean is 'a greater part of the community said, chose, decided'. Not the whole. Part.

These people decided individually to fight for Alad because they want the karak. They happen to be greater in number. But the rest of that community either wants the dera or doesn't give a flying S#&$ about either and just enjoy the ride, whatever the outcome. I'm part of the latter.

Now about equality...

You're getting a great weapon + meh loot.

The opponents are getting a meh weapon + great loot.

Seems equal to me.

Those that don't care are the ones coming out ahead: they get a new weapon (not a meh or great weapon) and great loot.

The problem is not the event, it's the way you feel about it. But you just can't get all.

I can't understand why exactly it's AOK with you to be a REWARD DRIVEN GAME when it comes to the Karak/Dera decision, but it becomes a sin to be a REWARD DRIVEN GAME when the battlepay isn't in your favor.

It's horribly inconsistent.  If everyone favored Alad at the beginning because he had better rewards in a reward driven game and you were fine with that, you have no business at all complaining about unbalanced rewards causing everyone to favor Nef instead. 

Did you not read that I actually WANT the Dera? The battle pay HAS been in my favour. The fact that Majority of the community decided they wanted the Karak is not my fault. Its perfectly fine that everyone sides with whatever side they want because they want that weapon. When DE starts to change the rewards to give one side a better chance seems to defeat the purpose of this whole event. 

Why not just give people the weapon they fight for instead if they are going to skew the results anyway?

Did you not read that I actually WANT the Dera? The battle pay HAS been in my favour. The fact that Majority of the community decided they wanted the Karak is not my fault. Its perfectly fine that everyone sides with whatever side they want because they want that weapon. When DE starts to change the rewards to give one side a better chance seems to defeat the purpose of this whole event. 

Why not just give people the weapon they fight for instead if they are going to skew the results anyway?

Having a reward choice - where the Majority favors one weapon - *IS* changing the rewards to give one side a better chance!  It's exactly the same thing as giving one side 50k and the other a potato!