Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cannot End Task Launcher.exe, Preventing Warframe To Relaunch.

dual1020

So after a few hotfixes, whenever i stop playing warframe from either quitting normally or ALT+F4 the game. waframe's launcher "Launcher.exe" stays in the processes/taskbar consuming 3000k~6000k memory and 0 CPU. Whenever i want to play the game via steam it doesnt activate nor launching from the folder prompts :

/Menu/Generic_Error
---------------------------
/Lotus/Language/Menu/Framework_MustRunFromLauncher

And killing it in taskbar says:

[Window Title]
Unable to terminate process

[Main Instruction]
The operation could not be completed.

[Content]
Access is denied.

Logging out of the computer doesnt work and i have to restart the computer to play again.

I am playing on Windows 8.1, and Steam. 

Edited by dual1020

I am not running the Steam version of the Game. Though the launcher say's (( Checking for updates ) Constantly. Have even removed the game and reinstalled it. have tried several of the methods that has been listed in the forums with no help.

WarFrame played Flawless yesterday, today can't even get on the game. I play for at least 8 hr's a day. it also shows a 100% use on both threads of my CPU.  And in process's it is showing at least 3 lauchers running. Have to do the 3 finger discount to get it stopped, and close out all the process's. Have restarted my system. What gives ? Whats the fix ?

I have even tried to reveryfy the files and it just goes into a a hang.

Edited by xDirty_Birdx

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I am having the same problem since the last update of the "warframe's launcher "Launcher.exe" stays in the processes/taskbar consuming 3000k~6000k memory and 0 CPU" and it says there for almost 2 whole minutes.

Same for me.

I have to reboot my pc to be able to launch Warframe via Steam. It's very annoying.

https://up2sha.re/file?l=umzcv16Y0oSz.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...