Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heat Sword or Cronus?

Zakalwe

my axe level 25

:D

Wat...

Well to answer your question, if you want a jump attack that knocks enemies down, pick Cronus. If you want higher attack speed and a jump attack that sets enemies on fire, pick Heat Sword.

Well to answer your question, if you want a jump attack that knocks enemies down, pick Cronus. If you want higher attack speed and a jump attack that sets enemies on fire, pick Heat Sword.

So what your saying is chronus is better against corpus and grineer, and heat sword is wonderful against infested?

Edited by ChathSuaco

I see no reason what so ever to use a sword....have you seen the new weapons dude? thay got twice the damage and deal AOE splash and basicly insta gib anything out there once you get it to lvl 30 with charge power mod stacking!

This, pretty much

Stay on topic... stay on topic...! [/sw]

I've been using the Cronus non-stop since I could forge it, and I have a Heat Sword about to finish production in an hour or so. I expect it won't hold a candle (har) to my well-modded and upgraded Cronus, but we'll see.

I love how on topic this thread is... "Between the cronus and the heatsword, which is better" I tried to stay on topic, but we have this derpy "hammers!!!" thing going on... sheesh people stay on topic.

I think this topic has enough information about the two swords to guide him towards what is overall better to use since the new releases.

There's not anything else to say than what has already been said, besides "i like this and that" posts.

I think this topic has enough information about the two swords to guide him towards what is overall better to use since the new releases.

There's not anything else to say than what has already been said, besides "i like this and that" posts.

True words are true, but when the first reply in this thread is "derp mah hamma is lvl 26 :D(erp)" It's a little annoying -,-'

Okay, so taking the values at uh, face value, the Heat Sword is even faster than the Cronus and does the same damage, and its groundslam sets nearby enemies on fire. Despite the name, it doesn't seem to do any fire damage on normal or charge strikes without weapon mods - I wasn't seeing any burning effects and it was levelling quite rapidly despite past experience showing that elemental damage is not 'passed on' to the weapon that caused it, a primary cause of slow melee levelling.

Edited by Arcalane

The heat sword has a tiny AoE on the ground slam, so it takes about 5 slams to knock all the bits off the reactor, and that was pretty much the sole reason why I like my Cronos or Jaw Sword more.

The Cronos knocks out a reactor in two jump slams and a jaw sword does it in one.

Edited by CheeseThief

Seconding both of the above. If you don't use groundslams much then the Heat Sword is pretty much a straight speed upgrade over the Cronus which is itself a straight damage+speed upgrade over the Skana last I checked.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Heat Sword's groundslam got buffed though, right now it's just pathetic.

Plus it looks kinda cool, though that's a personal taste thing.

Edited by Arcalane

Yeh, I'm buyilding my axe now but I'm not one to just min/max and forget about everything else. My favourite weapons are the Snipetron and Braton because I like how they feel to fire.

I love how the swords work, too, I'm pretty sure no matter how good the new weapons are I'll still use these often enough.

Still can't decide which I prefer between these two, though, I do use the Cronus slam quite often...