Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Event: Tubemen, Too Slow

Frendh

It takes much too long time for new conflicts to spawn. When I started on the event I had more than 40 hours left. But only two conflicts have spawned so far.

40 hours straight should be more than enough game time to finish an event. 

So now I will most likely miss out on the reward. Very disappointing.

Edited by Frendh

It is because rewards overall are a bit meh, maybe if they added multiple conflicts  it would be a bit better.

Sucks for you but I know what you mean, it started out really fast but now it's very very slow, takes days to get rid of one conflict.

Once we get to the 4 required wins many of us don't even play for credits anymore (I have 8, but that's because cores).

And most people don't go for more than 3 runs per conflict. Myself included.

I guess conflicts should have had a time limit ...

Edited by The_Doc

It is because rewards overall are a bit meh, maybe if they added multiple conflicts  it would be a bit better.

Sucks for you but I know what you mean, it started out really fast but now it's very very slow, takes days to get rid of one conflict.

No, it's because certain individuals have taken it upon themselves to continue doing missions well after the necessary number for rewards and after it's obvious their side is going to lose solely to prolong the event and hopefully prevent 'mercenaries' (anyone who switched from Alad to Nef for the better rewards) from getting the final reward.

When did you start the event?  In the beginning it was a steamroll for the karak wraith, each conflict only lasted around a half hour or so.

I don't quite remember, but based on my first post I would say sunday evening gmt. I only remember approximately how much time there was left on the event.

No, it's because certain individuals have taken it upon themselves to continue doing missions well after the necessary number for rewards and after it's obvious their side is going to lose solely to prolong the event and hopefully prevent 'mercenaries' (anyone who switched from Alad to Nef for the better rewards) from getting the final reward.

Um, Isn't this event supposed to be a war of opposing sides? I mean don't get me wrong here I've been too busy to play and am firmly in the camp of people who might not be getting that gun but you are outright slandering the people playing the event as originally intended and actually staying committed to the fight rather than just the shiny stuff they get for it. I sincerely doubt anyone is playing specifically to slow down progress so other people don't get to win. They are playing to support the fight for the side they want to win or did you forget the gun you get depends on which side wins?

Um, Isn't this event supposed to be a war of opposing sides? I mean don't get me wrong here I've been too busy to play and am firmly in the camp of people who might not be getting that gun but you are outright slandering the people playing the event as originally intended and actually staying committed to the fight rather than just the shiny stuff they get for it. I sincerely doubt anyone is playing specifically to slow down progress so other people don't get to win. They are playing to support the fight for the side they want to win or did you forget the gun you get depends on which side wins?

'Slander' is a harsh (and incorrectly used) word. And,hey, I agree, if I was wrong and it was just people heartily supporting their favorite faction then it'd be a-ok in my books. I'd be so happy if people were content to just do some fake 'war' between two NPCs. Except your doubts are unfounded because of this link I just yoinked from the post directly below mine: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/460067-some-serious-concerns-ive-had-with-tubemen-of-regor/page-2#entry5121225

Literally someone saying "Yes we're trying to slow down the event because we're upset about the battle pays." And believe me, with the sheer amount of stalling going on, it's not just a small handful of people, it has to be a concentrated effort on the part of an entire group of individuals.

As for rewards I just... I don't care at all. I got enough points for the gun, whatever it may be. I'll support Nef just because I don't want to lose points, but not for any other reason.

'Slander' is a harsh (and incorrectly used) word. And,hey, I agree, if I was wrong and it was just people heartily supporting their favorite faction then it'd be a-ok in my books. I'd be so happy if people were content to just do some fake 'war' between two NPCs. Except your doubts are unfounded because of this link I just yoinked from the post directly below mine: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/460067-some-serious-concerns-ive-had-with-tubemen-of-regor/page-2#entry5121225

Literally someone saying "Yes we're trying to slow down the event because we're upset about the battle pays." And believe me, with the sheer amount of stalling going on, it's not just a small handful of people, it has to be a concentrated effort on the part of an entire group of individuals.

As for rewards I just... I don't care at all. I got enough points for the gun, whatever it may be. I'll support Nef just because I don't want to lose points, but not for any other reason.

Alright. I tried to do some information digging but sadly that particular character isn't very prominent so short of going in game and friending him for his profile I can't find any information regarding him or his clan or this supposed group. That being said, I really can't give any validity to the idea that this is actually happening and isn't just two or three dudes who coincidentally happen to be running during low times where only a few players are running for nef at the same time because like it's already been established, players are very quick to stop playing once they have no more incentive. Even allowing for that being their perceived intention, what is wrong with that? I'm going to assume you aren't a competitive player as I don't have any information on you either. Instead I'll relay some of my experience, I've personally aimed for leaderboard scores and in one instance gotten my clan to I believe it was 15th place for an event. I've been a part of eclipse and am currently part of ICE and have tried my hand at pvp since before the rework so my perception is from the competitive side of the game. They still have a very legitimate cause and reason to do this. I can't be angry at a playergroup for supporting their side against less loyal affiliates in order to counteract those betrayers. The same way I would not be personally upset at someone I know killing me in a PVP match. It's purely spiteful on both sides but it is a conflict and no everybody is not on the same side here. 

its slow because of players being scumbags

Not really. In the beginning the rewards were very one sided, as a result people would all swarm to 1 side. Near the end they aren't due to the sides being close to eachother. Also people are less willing to change sides at this point. I doubt it's players trying to drag out an alert.

I see I've gained a bit of notoriety among a few posters in this thread for the comments I made before. Let me make a few things clear:

1.) The Praetorii, the clan that I belong to and am a high-ranking member of, is not represented by my actions during this event. I do not do what I do bearing a clan tag, or an emblem identifying me as a member. Let's leave them out of this. (No, really. If I get wind of anyone bothering any of my clanmates over this crap, you can bet I'll be reporting the offender straight to DE's support team for harassment. This is between me and anyone that takes offense at the stalling.)

2.) This is not done out of malice toward any one person, or even any particular group. At first it was to protest the way the rewards were flowing. It wasn't clear just how the rewards were being handled, or if maybe a script had just bugged out somehow. Seeing as Alad actually did offer a potato of his own under the same circumstances that Nef offered his earlier in the event, I take back what I said about any possible rigging. It was a theory, and recent events have confirmed that the event is in fact not rigged in any way, but rather that the reward balancing was just unlucky for those of us on Alad's side, when the scores were close.

Now, though, any stalling you're seeing still isn't out of malice toward anyone in particular, or to just cause trouble for the people that weren't involved in the event earlier. No, there are a few things causing the event to slow down a bit right now:

- Some people have their runs in, and simply aren't doing the event anymore.

- Some people may be pushing extra hard for their chosen sides, to attempt to either break the deadlock or try to get another point or two for their team.

- Some people are indeed stalling it out. This is a fair tactic in this sort of situation, though. Alad is up two or three points, last I checked, and the event is drawing to a close. Why wouldn't his team want to stall, in order to prevent Nef's team from having a chance to mount a comeback? This is done all the time in professional sports, when the game is all but decided and the final minutes of the clock are ticking down. Nothing wrong with it in those situations, and there's nothing wrong with it here.

Now...what's with the insults in this thread, guys?

its slow because of players being scumbags

Thanks. I love you too.

Those people are literally sociopaths.

Yeah? Well...you smell funny, and your taste in Warframes is questionable.

Something you two are failing to consider is that stalling in this event consists of fighting for your chosen side more. How the heck is that a bad thing? What, because I already got my four runs, I should stop playing? It takes two sides to reach a standstill in a fight like this. If one side is just pushing super hard, they're going to win pretty fast. Both sides had some serious support, given that one of the conflicts lasted over 24 hours. What, do you think people were swapping from one side to another over and over again? That wouldn't even do anything! They'd be cancelling out their own contributions to their chosen side, and giving themselves more work for precisely zero reward. You're basically saying that you're upset because people played the event as intended. More people hopped over to Nef's side midway through the event, but as it started to close, some of them went back to Alad, after they'd gotten the Catalyst and Reactor from Neffy Boy.

The kind of stuff some of you are suggesting happened would take a hell of a lot more collusion than anyone in the Warframe community of all places could plan.It would be pretty damn hard not to notice on a rather huge scale, too, given how many people play the game. The truth is that for all the extra missions some of us ran for one side or the other, it really didn't matter in the end, because there were more sets of hands on keyboards, mice, and controllers supporting Alad than Nef. That's all this event ever came down to, and really, no amount of "stalling" attempts by anyone on any side of this event can have a real impact on the results, without a lot of people working together, and I don't mean even a full clan. No, purposely "stalling" an event to the point of 24-hour conflicts would require coordination between thousands of people, at least. That's a conspiracy too far, even for me.

TL;DR, Stalling in this event is akin to saying, "Alright, so this doesn't seem right to me. I'm going to fight even harder, and hope that we win in the end." It is not "Things are not going as planned! It's time to pull up the super villain Skype group and discuss our plans to ruin the event for everyone."

Edited by Metal_Izanagi