The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Karak Wraith Have Any Specialties?

VoidianAgent

Question

Maybe they should just Nerf the Soma and Boltor weapons so that people are actually excited whenever a new gun shows up.

>.>

<.<

Didn't think so. Maybe instead of comparing every new gun to the obviously top tier OP weapons you have a little fun with the 200+ weapons we do have. I have a 5 forma Boltor P and Soma P that I rarely ever touch anymore because they are incredibly boring weapons to use.

Thank you! I have a 4 forma Soma Prime that I only use for super high level grinds and stuff, and that's pretty rare. I don't find it very fun to just melt every enemy in the game. People often forget that the other weapons that aren't god tier can still be extremely good and a lot of fun, I love my Sybaris, my Grinlok, my Pyrana and my Kogake's to name but a few. People get so butthurt when new weapons aren't god tier it's incredibly annoying.

Event weapons are mastery fodder for dem pros.

Slightly weaker than the Braton prime but that is still okay.

I probably just 4 forma it just for lulz.

And bring it as my for fun gun.

Edited by fatpig84

Its decent for what it is. Will it replace my Braton P or other similar weapons for long runs into T4? Not really... (But it doesn't have to do so to be useable!)

However it came with its own slot, its own potato... and sounds alright. Its an upgrade from the base version. While I certainly wouldn't have minded if they'd given 15% base crit or something else crazy there is such a thing as too much power creep. For a few of my lower leveled friends it will be an excellent weapon for cracking into T3's with.

Not everything can be more powerful than everything that came before, that way lies exponential power creep that leaves any equipment from three months ago in junk-tier and anything beyond that point in hopelessly useless.

Loved vanilla Karak...hated reload speed. Buffed mag would help though.  Not an entire loss except that my old Karak is now obsolete...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Getting sick of reskins. I wish they were "Arcane cosmetics" applied to the old weapon to give it a stat buff

Edited by Lanieu

Wait so a new weapon that doesn't outclass everything that already exists, but sits  between mid and high tiered stuff is automatically bad?

What ever happened to using guns because of how they look, sound and feel?

Wait, I didn't said it was bad, I said it was "bad". I haven't tried it yet, but from the beginning I knew it would not be something that would be extremely good or just good enought to bring it to high tier missions. From the stats, I can already tell.

As for me I'm only sort of complaining that the Karak Wraith is just mastery fodder... Mostly complaining that we got the Karak instead of the Dera

Karak Wraith: mastery fodder, boring assault rifle

Dera Vandal: mastery fodder, not like any other gun aesthetically that I already own, cooler than a boring assault rifle

Edited by Tyrannawn

Wait, I didn't said it was bad, I said it was "bad". I haven't tried it yet, but from the beginning I knew it would not be something that would be extremely good or just good enought to bring it to high tier missions. From the stats, I can already tell.

I'm not picking on you in particular, it's just that I'm hoping people will consider that weapons that are a few percent less powerful than the top tier stuff to be still worth using.  Honestly with maxed out mods and good forma'ing I can still run T4 content with a Braton MK1, so It's not always the weapon.

What I see with Karak Wraith is they buffed where the weapon needed buffing.  The Karak before had a clip size that was too small, now this one has double, so I'll probably enjoy it more.  Also, for those comparing it to a Braton Prime, does this gun have 540 ammo like most rifles?  (I haven't had a chance to play with it yet.)  I mean the 375 ammo on Braton Prime (while not a big issue for me) must be considered as well.

I'm not picking on you in particular, it's just that I'm hoping people will consider that weapons that are a few percent less powerful than the top tier stuff to be still worth using.  Honestly with maxed out mods and good forma'ing I can still run T4 content with a Braton MK1, so It's not always the weapon.

What I see with Karak Wraith is they buffed where the weapon needed buffing.  The Karak before had a clip size that was too small, now this one has double, so I'll probably enjoy it more.  Also, for those comparing it to a Braton Prime, does this gun have 540 ammo like most rifles?  (I haven't had a chance to play with it yet.)  I mean the 375 ammo on Braton Prime (while not a big issue for me) must be considered as well.

My issue is when a weapon plays exactly like another weapon, but it's just worse in every way.

Take Soma Prime for example, even though stat-wise boltor is a better comparison, the soma is a hit-scan automatic rifle, just like the Karak, the real difference is that the soma's DPS is much better.

On the other hand I'd be fine with a similar weapon even if it plays the same, like the Paris Prime vs Dread, dread may be better while your team has 4CP and PP may be better if your team is carrying another aura but in the end it doesn't really matter because they do the same job, play the same way and have very similar power levels.

The Karak didn't have to have the same power level if it covered another role, such as a status AR which is something neither soma and boltor can do, but it doesn't, it feels like a downgrade in every way, there's little to no reason to chose this over the other ones in every single scenario.

My issue is when a weapon plays exactly like another weapon, but it's just worse in every way.

Take Soma Prime for example, even though stat-wise boltor is a better comparison, the soma is a hit-scan automatic rifle, just like the Karak, the real difference is that the soma's DPS is much better.

On the other hand I'd be fine with a similar weapon even if it plays the same, like the Paris Prime vs Dread, dread may be better while your team has 4CP and PP may be better if your team is carrying another aura but in the end it doesn't really matter because they do the same job, play the same way and have very similar power levels.

The Karak didn't have to have the same power level if it covered another role, such as a status AR which is something neither soma and boltor can do, but it doesn't, it feels like a downgrade in every way, there's little to no reason to chose this over the other ones in every single scenario.

Absolutely right.When it would fits any special role it would be nice or okay but it dont do that.There are guns who fill that roles better or alot better.

Huge Basedamagedealer = No

HighCritweapon = No

HighStatus = No.Only okaish.

Edited by K0bra

I guess so VoidianAgent, but people play this game for very different reasons.  I choose Braton Prime most of the time, because it feels good and handles well.  I have both Soma Prime and Boltor max forma'd but barely use them.  I've even started to add Maxed Primed Fast Hands to my weapons just for fun and am pondering removing Maxed Heavy Caliber, because I'm discovering I don't really need all that damage for most of the stuff I run.

Some people will look at a lower performing weapon as a lack of choice and default always to the most powerful one.  Me?  I like Braton MK1, because it sounds epic with vile acceleration equipped.  Try it some time.  lol.  For me I have a lot of choices, because I don't limit myself to using only a handful of the most powerful weapons.

Running around with the most OP gear around becomes a crutch of sorts for players.  Anyways, that's a different discussion.

My posts originally were to point out that this gun while not being the gun to beat all other guns, isn't necessarily bad.  It's just not top tier.  It's ok.