The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You Know... We May Have Just Destroyed A Possible Weapon Against The Sentients...

Morec0

That would depend on if the Infestation was... I don't want to say sentient or intelligent, but I will say "clever". They act on instincts for the most part, driven by hunger and the desire to spread, they can't really plan or strategize or alter itself in any way aside from natural mutations - that's why Alad was such a threat, because (for however much longer he had before he was consumed fully by the Hivemind.

People talk about like "Gravemind" and "Overmind" things for the Infestation, but I've never seen it, even the largest and most ancient of the creatures - Lephantis - has only ever really seemed to be a hyper-evolved Infested beast. J3 may show us more, but I'm not expecting any massive revelations as to the Infested mind from it.

I don't believe they are a mindless race that are driven by pure instinct. Lephantis and J3-Golem both have spoken previously to us, it is a sentient being capable of thought and speech. 

Again, they are a hivemind race and I don't think the being in control of all of the infested is as braindead as the chargers.

I don't believe they are a mindless race that are driven by pure instinct. Lephantis and J3-Golem both have spoken previously to us, it is a sentient being capable of thought and speech. 

Again, they are a hivemind race and I don't think the being in control of all of the infested is as braindead as the chargers.

Even animals can express pain, the Infested have the virtue of being a collection of animals that came from being that could express themselves in ways we can understand.

I just don't see them as being capable of the kind of plotting and planning that kind of scheme would bring about. They're a disease, and act like a disease - the nature of their disease just means their instincts and desires and pains and be expressed in something more than simple grunts and moans.

Even animals can express pain, the Infested have the virtue of being a collection of animals that came from being that could express themselves in ways we can understand.

I just don't see them as being capable of the kind of plotting and planning that kind of scheme would bring about. They're a disease, and act like a disease - the nature of their disease just means their instincts and desires and pains and be expressed in something more than simple grunts and moans.

The infestation is a disease, but the Infested are those who are afflicted by it. 

The T-Virus is the virus, but the B.O.Ws are the ones who are afflicted by it and those who are afflicted by it are able to think, plot and strategize (apart from the Zombies).

I don't think they have a scheme, in fact that isn't what I stated at all. What I did say is that even though Alad V is no longer part of the Infested, by no means does this mean the Mutalists infested are gone. The remnants can easily be replicated by the hivemind.