Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Feedback] Vauban

Nuko_Miko

Updated the original post with more feedback.

tesla's damage is so low and u guys trying to get it nerfed even more

In my defense, I'm not suggesting any changes. I'm only stating my findings for the Devs to see.

Have't got to playing him yet, can anyone tell me if this guy is viable besides trolling factor ?

He is very viable. Once you learn how to not get his orbs to "dud" he is awesome. He can deploy Tesla Coils that basically sperma stuns grineer and corpus (and you can deploy as much as ~22 coils at once, more if u got a good supply of energy orbs). His Vortex will suck 10 ancients in and wipe them instantly. His Bastille will basically render all enemies in a 9 meter radius helpless for about 10-12 seconds. And he can troll everyone with bounce. Btw using Bounce on Ancients is hella fun :D

Honestly 5 grenades at once should probably be the max. I really like Vauban and I think that would be fair, I don't want too much of a nerf.

5 nades are fair indeed. Any more and you are stacking high damage, any lower and you don't have enough crowd control effect. I do wish that the nade was reworked to actually be a turret or something and not a nade. Also, an engineer should be able to take back used parts to construct new one so I don't see a reason why we cannot pick up those used nades. As it is, Vauban is not an Engineer but a Grenadier where his grenades does special effects rather than explode.

I don't know if it's just me, but I've never gotten my vortex to affect more than a single enemy unless they're practically on top of each other. It's maxed out, and I've got a maxed Stretch on it, and for all the times I've used it I've gotten at most 8 kills at a time, usually closer to only 3. It's also never killed an ancient for me without me spamming it with my rifle while it's trapped. Not sure if it's just something about how I set it up, but I tend to avoid it for the high energy cost for such low kill range/rate. If I find out I'm just using it wrong that'd be great. xD

I'd say max 4 grenades: 1 of each type, or 4 of 1 type. Each subsequent grenade cast replaces the oldest one.

Or just 1 of each type, to be consistent with the way abilities work on other frames: you can't cast 2 of the same type without replacing it (ability in use...)

Otherwise it's just lazy work: just spam grenades and let them do the job...Worse than spamming the old Sound Quake in Xini. Bad gameplay design.

Edited by Thelonious

Make it so Bounce doesn't affect players. I joined an alert and immediately saw someone downed and being attacked by Grineer, like, right next to me. Shade kept me invis while I rezzed the guy. I then take a few steps forward after throwing my Glaive and find myself being launched up high into the air with a bunch of Grineer targeting me and unable to really protect myself. I didn't even have any forward momentum, just straight up and the Bounce device was very hard to see since it was on a ramp that I had obviously gone down on.

Here is a screenshot of the moving Cryopod. If you look closely you will notice that the cryopod is facing the other direction and you will notice the banshee hitting an invisible wall where the cryopod was supposed to be. I'm trying to test what happens when enemies attack the cryopod in that state.

https://imoqpg.dm1.livefilestore.com/y2peP8ZszhkE-ZsAqHfHwgy2Izurbv9C0KfxKQkhrtkX3e1k39fAqpU7HudoH4jJ_Bc5dd5JtacGEuZcoo4IUMk-nrgLnRjWzMVkwozhyM-Pss/Warframe.exe%202013-5-18-18-58-16-463.bmp?psid=1

I can do you one better:

Ok, Hang on, hang on..

I really love Vauban. However some of these changes are a bit extreme and at the same time Logical. Let's recap a little (Please don't bash me for this post, it's my first critique post of a new frame, on the forums at all!!!)

Tesla Grenades -- Now, I understand the premise of locking down the amount of grenades for Tesla. I like this idea, but at least do what was suggested regarding the increase in damage and range the higher they are, for a maximum of 5 (or better, 6) grenades. That would be the effective crowd control Vauban was slated as capable of. On that same note, a maximum of 10 overall, with the math worked out in the damage altogether, would be proper (less visuals, more skill-based decision making.) However!! Do NOT just destroy the ability altogether, as it makes Vauban more "tactical" in terms of his actions when in the right hands.

Bounce - I haven't seen this ability really put to use properly; obviously some people would troll every chance they get, and others would definitely find a viable use for it. I myself have used it almost religiously to get myself out of dodge, but occasionally enemies are not too far behind on the travel with me.. -_- (sad panda.) Now then, I will definitely say that it is a bit buggy and "duds" out at a lot of inopportune moments. I personally love sending the crawlers flying, and ancients even further into space.. That's just me. The COST on this ability is however the only downfall I can see immediately. Somewhere along the lines of Excal's 10 for super jump (as stated earlier in the post) is a bit much, but instead I can see a 25'er for this one, because it is a mobility tool which can affect your whole squad of Tenno, for the most ninja-y of tactics.  

Bastille - Dear Bastille, Why do you allow me to "stasis" my enemies, but not fire at them ? Some enemies are highly immune to damage, making it so that anything I do to try and injure them any further is.. well.. like tickling a panda.. after a while, they will just bite/scratch/relasethefuryofbamboouponmyforehead.. It's also very visually demanding.. bright colors, for a tube I can't shoot throgh. No bueno.

Vortex - Vauban's best ability by far.. when it doesn't crash my game -_- (another sad panda, and this one's really crying..) I love being able to use this ability for crowd controls. The visuals are nice, but tone them down a bit and we have a masterpiece. This ability is great for making ancients "poof" into anti-matter, or lack there-of. I think it's great when it works. It definitely duds a lot, and when it does work, it crashes my game, or some other people's games. In the beginning it didn't work until I had all my abilities on which of course, was also stated earlier. 

Overall, I really love Vauban - and I've seen hilarious tactis being deployed with some friends and some pubs (We have one we call the Vauban-hammer, All Vauban, All Furax, All Ground-executions on an enemy that was just launched with a jump-pad.. Yeah good times!) I definitely love the way he was thought up as, being the "trapper-engineer" (renamed the trapper-keeper for laughs).. I don't want him to be destroyed altogether in some massive nerf that happens, because I didn't shell out the 300 platinum for nothing. I love the way he plays, but he isn't meant to tank as some would like, and he isn't meant to be squishy as others would complain (I also run Loki as my main, so I know the definition of squishy..) With respect to how he's tactically deployed, it's all in the hands of the right players. I definitely despise the cryo-pod disco simply becasue it's cost me defence missions accidentally. Other than that, Vauban-hammer is in full effect. 

Thanks for your time, and the Pandas got your back.. <3

Edited by Daridan

So yeah, trolls are falling in love with Vauban's Bounce being able to affect team mates. Did another alert earlier and the Vauban who was running ahead kept placing Bounce devices right at the entrances to doors in a Grineer/Corpus Ship, making it almost impossible to avoid being fired up against the ceiling (zero forward momentum, so no tactics can be derived from it's use on team mates). Myself as Ash and another player as Ember were the only two victims of it, as the Excalibur was ahead of everyone else the entire time. The Ember player said if any more powers like Bounce are made, they'd have to implement a votekick option, I however, said that they should implement such an option anyway.

Yeah, anyone who's seen my posts and threads regarding on how to politely accommodate rushers and everyone else knows I couldn't even tolerate the idea of votekicking, but with Bounce being the way it is with team mates? Even I have to agree that votekicking is the only viable option if Bounce isn't changed to only affect enemies, it's that great of a tool for trolls to make the playing experience for others that much less enjoyable.

NalkorRN, I hear you bud.. However, this was more a feedback for Vauban.. I think they have a topic already started for UI / Options for players, if not, start one, and I'll second you all the way on that. <3

The Pandas are pleased with this. 

I haven't had the misfortune of playing with a Trollban yet.

The worst I've had was a silly bit right at the end of the snow outpost where one launched me off the map with a well timed bounce. It was more funny than anything else, due to the lack of consequences for falling out of the map.

I haven't had the misfortune of playing with a Trollban yet.

The worst I've had was a silly bit right at the end of the snow outpost where one launched me off the map with a well timed bounce. It was more funny than anything else, due to the lack of consequences for falling out of the map.

Consider yourself lucky then. That issue would just disappear if Vauban's abilities wouldn't affect drops (seen energy orbs caught up in Vortex) or players. If it was enemies only, I'd have zero issues with them.

Bug found. Mine Osprey's mines on a Tesla tends to reduce it's timer below expected values. It was dropped on a Tesla and happened that the Tesla fired 1 shot prior to it. The Tesla shot another 2 shots before it just disappeared.

Can you test this as well?

Edited by matrixEXO