The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

$250 Founders Pack.. No Gameplay Incentive? Infinite Revives, Larger Pool?

Aliothale

I really enjoy this game, however.. at the cost of other people you sometimes have to spend your platinum or wait it out..

I've been considering purchasing a founder's pack for $250, but honestly.. I would expect it to come with something like this. I could grind everything out and save the 8k plat for revives.. but damn.. really?

I need replayability without feeling like I'm opening my wallet again after again.. when already shelling out $250. Nothing else looks enticing for packages. It's go big or bust. This is looking pretty bust right now.

Additional revives maybe? 10? 20? per day for founders? 30 for Solo? I just need.. something.. more!

I'm just going to say that my RL friend's that I play with aren't so great.. and when I'm forced to play with complete stranger's who are better than my real life friends.. well.. that becomes a problem. If this isn't something that is going to be addressed could someone just let me know now so I don't bother wasting my time or money?

250$  worth of platnum

like 300$ value.

Get get exclusive access to the design team chat,

which is an ingame chat that only masters and grandmasters can talk on, where DE talks about future things in the game.

+ you get platnum, a warframe, pistol and sword.

Stop complaining and buy it.

The founder pack is to support the devs, especially the 250 one.

You get plat at a very discounted price, excal+lato+skana prime, access to

Design council, and the satisfaction of supporting a game you like.

Dont look for anything else - if you dont want to spend sp much, get master, or hunter pack.

O.O revives, 4/day/frame.

You get excalibur prime and the lato and skana primes.

If you do something like that, people will cry p2w.

Once you have a maxed frame you'll rarely even revive even if your irl friends are crappy players. You probably have good communications with them and you know teamwork, it's op.

DO NOT SPEND YOUR PLAT ON REVIVES >_<

Spend it on slots and potatoes maybe even vauban. :)

You think You need 8000 platinum for revives?  not to be mean but i would say this game is NOT for You dude...

Also..most people start with the FIRST founder pack and then move up...so maybe You should like...try THAT first?

I really enjoy this game, however.. at the cost of other people you sometimes have to spend your platinum or wait it out..I've been considering purchasing a founder's pack for $250, but honestly.. I would expect it to come with something like this. I could grind everything out and save the 8k plat for revives.. but damn.. really?I need replayability without feeling like I'm opening my wallet again after again.. when already shelling out $250. Nothing else looks enticing for packages. It's go big or bust. This is looking pretty bust right now.Additional revives maybe? 10? 20? per day for founders? 30 for Solo? I just need.. something.. more!

I'm just going to say that my RL friend's that I play with aren't so great.. and when I'm forced to play with complete stranger's who are better than my real life friends.. well.. that becomes a problem. If this isn't something that is going to be addressed could someone just let me know now so I don't bother wasting my time or money?

How long have you been playing? You'll find later that you'll only need about one revive a day and perhaps none at all if you're half competent at playing.

Founders (grand masters and masters) get a special warframe, weapons and access to the council. The platinum you can use to buy slots for new weapons and warframes or the weapons and warframes themselves without working/farming for them. I bought the highest pack to support the developers, but I still farm for my warframes and gear, because that's part of this game's fun ands experience.

Good luck and have fun.

Edited by sushidubya

I just got level 2 and my Excalibur Warframe is level 26 or so.. I'm still fairly new to the game. I haven't run out of revives yet.. but I have had 2-3 hour sessions with my new friends that just killed my revive pool due to bambi straying. If the game just get's easier then what's the point? I thought the game was supposed to get harder?

So you want pay 2 win rewards?

Are 4 revives per frame really not enough? Seriously? What the hell, dude? Maybe you shouldn't ask for infinite revives, maybe you should go back in the game and try to learn to not die....

Also, nonsense that I want to play solo as long as I'd like and not get insta stun locked and die 2-3 times? Yea I'm just asking for absurdness! I want to play the game.. it's not even a competitive game.. I'm not asking for the world.. I'm asking for the game not asking me to possibly waste my time or open my wallet.

Is it 4 revives per frame? I didn't know that. Kind of changes things.. but meh.. still disappointed in no founders unlimited solo or private. Or at least a 2-4 revive pool per game. 

I don't know.. I just feel kind of turned off by the approach being taken now but maybe it'll sink in later. I guess I'll wait and see.. and maybe buy one later then.

So you want pay 2 win rewards?

Are 4 revives per frame really not enough? Seriously? What the hell, dude? Maybe you shouldn't ask for infinite revives, maybe you should go back in the game and try to learn to not die....

Maybe you should learn to read before giving out terrible advice.

"I'm just going to say that my RL friend's that I play with aren't so great.. and when I'm forced to play with complete stranger's who are better than my real life friends.. well.. that becomes a problem."

250$  worth of platnum

like 300$ value.

Get get exclusive access to the design team chat,

which is an ingame chat that only masters and grandmasters can talk on, where DE talks about future things in the game.

+ you get platnum, a warframe, pistol and sword.

Stop complaining and buy it.

It's not $250 worth of platinum. It's $600 if purchased without package bonuses or $422 if purchased in increments of the $100 pack (When last I calculated it).

Still though.  Echoing what other players have stated.  It's really a issue of how much you're individually willing to support the devs.  Furthermore you have the capability to upgrade your package for the price difference over time.  I started off with the $20 disciple pack and have slowly upgraded to Grandmaster over the last couple of months.

This is one of the few games, recently, that the developers actually seem to care about. Not only do they care about it, they're more fanatical about it than most of the players.  This has greatly impressed me, and I'm willing to give them a bit extra because of it.

Personally I bought the $50 Hunter package to support the game and figure it is what I would pay for a retail game, you get more than enough platinum to buy the slots needed for all the warframes and weapons.

If you want to upgrade your package later so you can buy the newest stuff without waiting on Alerts or farming resources or to be able to rush foundry items, you can upgrade by paying the difference and getting the additional platinum and skana prime (Hunter comes with Excalibur prime).

But as a number of people have pointed out, once you get a rank 30 frame you rarely use revives. Most of my revives are used because of a laggy host causing mobs to blink around but 7.11.0 will fix a lot of that with the latency setting.

Do not want to talk you out of the $250 package, but from my experience start with the $50 Hunter and see if it is right for you and upgrade if you want more.

Edited by Mickey1779

How long have you been playing? You'll find later that you'll only need about one revive a day and perhaps none at all if you're half competent at playing.

Founders (grand masters and masters) get a special warframe, weapons and access to the council. The platinum you can use to buy slots for new weapons and warframes or the weapons and warframes themselves without working/farming for them. I bought the highest pack to support the developers, but I still farm for my warframes and gear, because that's part of this game's fun ands experience.

Good luck and have fun.

Thank you for the informative reply. I thought the game would get harder.. not easier. Even more turned off now. Thank you. :)

lol, who buys revives? :P

This dude.

Aliothale, if you want to play solo you suffer the consequences of going down then. If you're good enough you should be avoiding 'insta stun lock' or 'possibly wasting my time or opening my wallet', no one forces you to, it's all you, all you. This is a co-op game, built around co-op, not soloing. You shouldn't even be trying to solo yet by the sound of it. 

Maybe you should learn to read before giving out terrible advice.

"I'm just going to say that my RL friend's that I play with aren't so great.. and when I'm forced to play with complete stranger's who are better than my real life friends.. well.. that becomes a problem."

So how exactly are your friends killing you? Every mission in the game is perfectly doable solo, without spending any revives at all, so I for one have a hard time understanding how people manage to regularly blow 4 revives on each of their frames every day while even playing with others...

So how exactly are your friends killing you? Every mission in the game is perfectly doable solo, without spending any revives at all, so I for one have a hard time understanding how people manage to regularly blow 4 revives on each of their frames every day while even playing with others...

My guess is the following:  They run in, piss off 3 rooms worth of enemies, run into the middle of a horde of them, and then die.  At this point our OP, being the friend that he is, attempts to revive them.  Most likely he'll end up taking some heavy damage, thus making it easier to die later as they probably don't have Rejuvenation artifacts or a Trinity, if not getting killed himself.

Because if I don't die trying to revive my friend then they'll probably get frustrated and leave the game for good.. do you not understand what I'm getting at here? I'm trying to get my friends into the game.. but I can't keep blowing my revives doing so. You obviously have never tried playing with 3 other newbies on ancients have you?