Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do You Remeber The Old Days, Resources Come From Open Containers And Lockers, And Selling Bp For Creds

cary2010haha

Ruk use to spam fire ball & fire ring & fire ball & fire ring only :P  just like other tenno only 444444,11111111,3333333now

Atleast those (if you refere to the current Ruk) is managable with Rolls. Bullet Attractor and Volt's Shield was Ruk's fav things, and a super recharge shield and a Gorgon. and there, you got a Rukapocalypse.

Atleast those (if you refere to the current Ruk) is managable with Rolls. Bullet Attractor and Volt's Shield was Ruk's fav things, and a super recharge shield and a Gorgon. and there, you got a Rukapocalypse.

I still remember I put a sniperton round into my own body :P And maybe one day tenno can have those super recharge shields 2 :P

Welcome to the magical world of scope creep.

Warframe's initial design of being small precision killing machines evolved rapidly into explosions, PRIME MODS, and various iterations of 4 to win.

Same with resource management. What once had us digging around like space hobos, now is generated by nekros or hydroid hitting their respective loot buttons.

Edited by Nariala

2 cells was a goldmine back then. After days of searching, and finaly found what you needed, you fetl your heart pounded hard and fast as you knew that if you screw up now, the search has been for nothing.

Not everyone enjoys grind like you do though.  For some people it's just horribly tedious.  Having to do a monotonous task gets repetitive and some people just quit playing instead of continuing.

Like me with Gleaming Talon and Crimson Dervish right now.  Now and then I try to get it but it's so ridiculously rare and repetitive to get I just stop playing.

It doesn't help that the extent of "other things to do" are just farm similarily difficult to acquire things, like the Brakk.

And even if there were other things to do in Warframe, why bother going back to trying to farm those things?

I'm glad resources are more plentiful than before.  Challenge should come through feats of skill, not feats of time and repetition.

Edited by NikolaiLev

Not everyone enjoys grind like you do though.  For some people it's just horribly tedious.  Having to do a monotonous task gets repetitive and some people just quit playing instead of continuing.

Like me with Gleaming Talon and Crimson Dervish right now.  Now and then I try to get it but it's so ridiculously rare and repetitive to get I just stop playing.

It doesn't help that the extent of "other things to do" are just farm similarily difficult to acquire things, like the Brakk.

And even if there were other things to do in Warframe, why bother going back to trying to farm those things?

I'm glad resources are more plentiful than before.  Challenge should come through feats of skill, not feats of time and repetition.

Well, why you need 1000 NS ? If you making a weapon you just need 1-2 of it, killing the boss will be fine and won't grind for too long.

but now we all stack in one place and one mode, fix frames V.V I can said it's more boring than before.

I don't remember the old days being that great. Sure you opened every locker, because you were praying, after having played the mission 7 times, for just a single morphic/cell to drop so you could at least feel like you were making progress towards eventually having enough to build a weapon or frame. In short, it was an act of desperation, trying to balance between the vagaries of RNG and time per mission. Your best bet of getting a rare resource was the boss, but it wasn't that great of a chance, so you spammed every locker and container on the way as quickly as possible just in case, instead of getting "lucky" with the boss, you got "unbelievably lucky" with a container or locker. I remember the sinking sensation of playing for days trying to get a single orokin cell to build a part, not the final, just a part of a warframe, and failing. No matter how rose colored those glasses are now, it wasn't that rosy in those days.

I didnt enjoy the grind, but what choice did i had back then? I had no friends, and goign public was not an option as people didnt have the same patience as i did. As of now, if i want to get something that needs grinding, i atleast having fun doing so by doing some mod experiments and other equipment combinations. Listening to music and do some crazy things that other people wouldnt even consider doing, like using hobbled key on stealth missions without loki or ash.

I am a strange, strange person ._.

Edited by Cebius

Warframe's initial design of being small precision killing machines evolved rapidly into explosions, PRIME MODS, and various iterations of 4 to win.

Man, back in the day when it was really @(*()$ satisfying to kill a level 80 Jackal in a tiny &#! room, armed with nothing but your braton/lato/skana.

A time before xini, good times. Also the no lighting bugs were definitely a feature, I don't care what anyone says.

I miss old warframe, and the old combat UI.

Classics, good things never last that long now... .As we step forward, quality is lost in the process but only quantity remains of it now... .

I still do play old method style like opening lockers sometimes to prevent myself getting bored out from this game. 

Edited by IIWingSaberII

The sad thing about opening lockers now is that there is less credits. I miss those days when I opened every single locker I could in Jupiter missions with Master Thief and bathe in all dat dosh.

Edited by RextintorZ

WF is used to open all lockers one by one, and equip the Master Thief & finding more secret room for more lockers for more resources drop.

Hunting boss for BP not only to made new frames, but also sell BP for money, making old player returning the boss map playing with new players.

I never had to open lockers and explore rooms for resources. And I've never been low on any resources except for Cells and Ferrites or so, back in the days.

As for Boss runs, the only Boss everyone was running back in the days was Vor, to get the Cronus BP and sell it. And that was only untill like U8. With U8 came the T3 Void that gave 75k-100k credits per run...

Seems like we've experienced the game differently.

i miss those days myself. If you wanted to find a specific resoruce, you had to go to a level and farm it. Getting rare resources was a chore.

Back then, Control Module  was extremely rare and i needed 1 for one of the parts for Ember (was using Volt and i was broke in RL so i couldnt buy a new frame at the time.).

Now, everything seems to be handed on a silver plate. The feeling for working your soul out to get something was an amazing feeling, but it seems its gone.

I remember when you were lucky to get 10 Rubedo while farming for Rubedo. Rhino was such a pain to grind for back then, 600 Rubedo.

I'd recommend taking those rose tinted glasses off.

On my part the atmosphere on closed beta warframe was better. Now the game is just... Bathing in light. There wasn't so much OP content in closed beta but I admit some of the changes are good but DE changed the atmosphere of the game too much.