Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon That Rewards: Folzer

Revel72

This is Folzer. Sharpshooter's reward.

This large and heavy sniper rifle. Takes two weapon slots to equip and has less ammo than other sniper rifles.

Speciality: Head shots ignores armor and damage resistances. Can not be modded for elemental damage, Fire rate can not be increased. Weapon penetrates all targets if enemy unit first one the line receives shot as head shot. Folzer's head shot damage increases on every shot. Missing an target causes user to loose 3/4 of the accumulated damage. Utility mods has 15% increased effect on Folzer. Carrier of weapon can not take sidearm.

Person is not slowed while aiming.

Utility mod Primed Fast Hands will not get bonus from this weapon (because it would become stupidly OP. Just think about it. 70% less reload time...)

Head shot damage increase on every successful head shot: 35

Bonus head shot damage cap: 2000

Distance how far bullet will travel after penetrating first enemy from the head: until it hits a wall, team mate or Shield Lancer's shield.

Damage: 0 impact, 125 impale and 25 slash.

Fire rate: 0.325

Ammunition available for the weapon: 30 + the ammunition in magazine at start of mission.

Magazine size: 5.

Critical hit chance: 17.5%

Critical hit multiplier: x2.0

Status chance: 25%

Reload time: 4.2 seconds.

Accuracy: 100 while scoped in. 35 while not scoped in.

Recoil: Heavy pulls up and right on every shot.

No polarities.

Blueprint cost: 80k

Resources required: 800 alloy plates, 200 circuits, 500 salvage and 200 rubedo.

I hope you guys like the weapon concept and have good day.

Edited by Revel72

the problem is that there are no targets heavy enough to warrant this. maybe after 60 mins + in t4 it would become OP but until that point it'd be massivly underpowered. my 4 forma lanka can take anything donw one hit with a headshot, and it has decent fire rate and ammo capacity

the problem is that there are no targets heavy enough to warrant this. maybe after 60 mins + in t4 it would become OP but until that point it'd be massivly underpowered. my 4 forma lanka can take anything donw one hit with a headshot, and it has decent fire rate and ammo capacity

Nerf damage?

wrong game... Warframe is a run and gun game

also... the weapon would not benefit from the mod not the other way around (as you wrote)

Made miscalculation on reload time decreased. It is actually: 2,94 when I made some changes. So basically you would reload this weapon in 1.26 seconds. Sorry my mistake.

Believe me. It would make this weapon dumb as hell. Nerfing impale damage from 200 to 125

Edited by Revel72

Nope, this design doesn't make much sense, logically and gameplay wise.

Base concepts are generally fine and would make a few interesting weapons, but as a whole, this idea is more miss than hit.

On my part. I just found game lacking a weapon what actually rewards you when you do well but same time is difficult to use.

Hmm... Would this weapon come more for warframe if the weapon doesn't slow down player while aiming? Also this weapon will only be available for PvE.

Edited by Revel72

On my part. I just found game lacking a weapon what actually rewards you when you do well but same time is difficult to use.

Hmm... Would this weapon come more for warframe if the weapon doesn't slow down player while aiming? Also this weapon will only be available for PvE.

You're not understanding the game. Warframe itself really doesn't have much place for these massive slow howitzer type weapons. I understand what you want though. There's no performance difference currently whether you're a great player or someone whose just spraying because ultimately the enemies are either too weak to survive one bullet or too tough and outlast the whole gun's ammo supply headshots or not. But something like this where not only is it a slow single target specialty type gun, but it's also got this gimmick of increasing it's damage if your consistent just wouldn't work.

It's a TF2 weapon. It's an arcade, gimmicky, impractical concept that really wouldn't be a worthwhile benefit. This would really have no place even in PVE. enemy amounts are too high, fire rate is too low, nothing really warrants this type of weapon, not to mention other guns are faster and just as accurate while maintaining the ability to fight at multiple ranges without a detrimental affect, in this case losing accumlated damage amp, and being unable to mod for elemental damage which is extremely important not just for damage types but for damage total as a whole. You have all these arbitrary restrictions like X mod won't work on this gun or if condition X happens then detriment Y is applied. If you need to place arbitrary affects on something because you think it fits better or it'll make a significant difference then chances are it's not a concept that's going to get taken seriously. What you have here is first of all, intentionally hard to use, intentionally unbalanced, doesn't have a worthwhile reward for what it is intended for, and is intentionally nerfed beyond any ability to make it useful. Out of like 20 possible unique stats you've taken away 12 different things, assuming I'm not making a mistake in my counting, maybe more. This might as well be a damage 1.0 snipetron with serrated blade damage only on headshots and with only a 3rd of the fire rate.

Also, you can't make statements like "It will only be available for PVE" to argue for something. That's just stupid. No offense to you, but you aren't the devs. You can't decide what is or isn't going to happen. Right now, the development team for PvP is fully intending to put every single new and old weapon into PVP regardless of how it functions. PvP isn't just going to be something that stops existing or is only considered in special cases and whether or not you think something is okay in PvE that wouldn't be in PvP or whatever your goal was is irrelevant. PvE needs balance just as much as PvP and trying to make a concept that is going to exclusively stay PvE is not going to happen regardless of whether it's actually seen or not. If it goes in the game and it is a weapon or a frame It's going into PvP and that's final until such time that DE makes a decision otherwise.

-snip-

Reason why I said that "Also this weapon will be available for PvE only" is that if this weapon does get released. There is high possibility that hackers becomes more common in PvP. None taken and... Can you PLEASE! Make shorter text That was pain to read.

I forgot few more things. Also I am really tired of seeing assault rifles being the "Best weapons in the game"

Edited by Revel72

Reason why I said that "Also this weapon will be available for PvE only" is that if this weapon does get released. There is high possibility that hackers becomes more common in PvP. None taken and... Can you PLEASE! Make shorter text That was pain to read.

I forgot few more things.

I'm not understanding the connection you're making with this specific weapon and hackers. As of right now there are no hackers in pvp. There are some people who spend an obscene amount of time in pvp and have the reflexes of a praying mantis but I haven't heard of anyone that hacks, further I don't see why this specific gun would increase people that hack when the daikyu is already an instant kill weapon.

I'm not understanding the connection you're making with this specific weapon and hackers. As of right now there are no hackers in pvp. There are some people who spend an obscene amount of time in pvp and have the reflexes of a praying mantis but I haven't heard of anyone that hacks, further I don't see why this specific gun would increase people that hack when the daikyu is already an instant kill weapon.

Any game! What has PvP in it and it is combat based. Will have hackers in it. One way or another. Where it Third Person Shooter or First Person shooter. I have had been victim of hacking in CS:GO and I have seen hacking in HAWKEN (and I managed to dominate one hacker) and I will never want to see it happen in Warframe. That why to prevent this. If this weapon gets released. It will be PvE only because of the power and potential. Sure Daikyu is one shot kill in PvP but THAT. Requires great amount of skill to use. It is slow but projectile based weapon.

Hit scan is much more different than projectile. Sure you can partly predict where enemy is going to shoot but HC is much more difficult to predict than projectile.

Yea actually i would love something like this, i think the problem is context, warframe is a rather silly game that drops hordes of enemies on us... this would require intelligent enemies that actually know how to cover instead of running toward us to feed our kill-count, my original comment wasn't clear enough, i think the problem is warframe not your concept lol.

Yea actually i would love something like this, i think the problem is context, warframe is a rather silly game that drops hordes of enemies on us... this would require intelligent enemies that actually know how to cover instead of running toward us to feed our kill-count, my original comment wasn't clear enough, i think the problem is warframe not your concept lol.

I this lying or actually truth? Because if I really add that buff that player moves just as fast while aiming. Weapon becomes stupidly good on my part. In warframe I think that sniper weapons actually should use more patience instead of running in guns blazing like assault rifles. Although true. Enemies should be a bit more smarter. About crysis enemy intelligence level should suffice.

I this lying or actually truth? Because if I really add that buff that player moves just as fast while aiming. Weapon becomes stupidly good on my part. In warframe I think that sniper weapons actually should use more patience instead of running in guns blazing like assault rifles. Although true. Enemies should be a bit more smarter. About crysis enemy intelligence level should suffice.

Yea, i think it would be cool if we had the chance to actually play more sniping.

Yea, i think it would be cool if we had the chance to actually play more sniping.

As soon as we get a better stealth system. Sniping will become much more popular. Current stealth system is okay but it can be made better. and enemy intelligence just needs to get better and their aiming needs to a bit toned down. Because currently they are just ridiculously good. I do say that the change of when running, sliding etc. Did do good.