Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sunika Or Sahasa ?

-dicht.ThanksFrost-

Question

I decided to give kubrows another shot but Im not too sure what I should use.

I have two forma'd kubrows a sunika and a sahasa, both fit all the rank 10 kubrows mods, which are at level 8-9 for me. With the exception of sanctuary as I don't ever see my self needing it.

I usually play frost and use any weapons. I often play raids and recently i got back into Tritton core farming. Essentially I play a lot of high intensity high level games.

The question is, which kubrow should I use, which one is better overall?

8 answers to this question

Ypxs8a8.gif

For raids I'd personally take the Sahasa over the Sunika because of the Dig ability that it has.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Sahasa_Kubrow

Also the Sunika is more of a Vs. Capture mission Kubrow so for a raid i don't think it'd be that effective.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Sunika_Kubrow

So altogether:

Sahasa > Sunika

Edited by TheCynicalWelshman

dig is pretty awesome.   It *usually* digs at the start of every misison and pops up 2 power pills.  That is pretty significant for starting a run, esp when the entire team can get the boost (usually people take off running and don't collect the power though, for some reason).  Dig, and locker open, work best if you can get out of combat for a few seconds.   If the kubrow senses an enemy, it often will not dig or open...   you will see this at the end of a mission where, on the way to the extract point, the stupid thing digs 5 times in a row.   Break combat and it will give you 50 power, 50 health, and up to 3 ammo boxes OF YOUR GUN (both primary and secondary) TYPE.  This is huge for snipers...  I have had it pull up 3 boxes of sniper ammo often.

You need a lot of mods and such to keep kubrow alive at higher levels.   Max rank armor/shield/health/dig would do nicely.  Even so, the pet is going to die when you reach the levels where YOU will die if hit a couple of times.   The pet simply can't dodge and move enough to avoid hits like a player can, even though the kubrow can actually be tougher than some frames, at the end, when being hit is a big deal, you are better off with a sentinel once the mobs go over level 50 or so.  I can solo stuff with no risk to mine at level 30-40, for reference, so 50 seems about right.  The 30-40 can kill it now and again, but you can revive them if you are not forced to run from a huge group of enemy.

Edited by jonnin

I would say Sahasa. I didn't read most of what others posted, but I suppose the main points are:

1) Sahasa digs, giving useful resources in battle.

2) Sunika's tendency towards capture targets is not useful outside capture missions.

Having only my original Sahasa at the moment, I have to say I love my Kubrow! I can't really compare for you, but I have taken Shadowrunner on just about every mission and he has performed very well. The dig and scavenge mods together on him usually net me quite a bit of stuff and his survive-ability and damage output means I'm not reviving him every minute. He's also very useful for Synthesis missions I have found. He will take down and hold the target long enough for a scan reducing the number of traps I need to use. I myself have two eggs and am trying to decide on what I want to try and breed for my second Kubrow to augment my first.