Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Thoughts On Attack On Titan (Spoilers...duh)

TheErebus.

So very recently, I decided to buy volumes 9-12 of AoT. I've mentioned before as to how the previous chapters weren't very interesting, but I got some new things to mention.

Warning: Spoilers for those who haven't read the manga. This'll be covering some huge plot points.

Characters: So far, the manga has made it clear that the character's that will be getting the focus are the Titan characters. Eren, Ymir, Bertolt and there was one more but I forgot his name...I think it began with an R. Anyways, they are slowly becoming the more fleshed out characters, however, there is one character that is also getting some more backstory. Krista. Yeah, that tiny blonde girl that always stuck around Ymir. She becomes vital to the story as she knows the true secret behind the walls. 

The other characters aren't focused on that much at all, which I feel is . We do get a sense of how Mikasa feels for Eren by going as far as to threaten Armin with death if he gets in her way of protecting Eren but that's really it. 

But one character in the story dies in the most pathetic way possible. 

Hannes gets killed and proclaims that he is still as useless as ever. That is BS and I really hate how unceremoniously they offed him.

Story: I am getting really interested in the story right now, because a lot is going on and so much S#&$ is going down that I honestly couldn't believe what I was reading. I'll just say it like this: Eren can make everyone cower in absolute fear by the end of the 12th volume.

Titans: The Titans are still as messed up as ever, and boy does it get crazy. We now have talking titans, Gorilla titans, and a hyperactive small titan that is actually Ymir.

My thoughts now: I'm excited to read more of it. I'll be picking up the next volumes at my bookstore to see what else happens.

I still wont accept that death though. It made me angry.

I just read the chapters from manga websites like manga fox or manga panda.

Is it worth getting into atm? I'm reading Naruto Gaiden, Bleach and Tokyo Ghoul.

I would say that yes, it is getting into right now. 

Start from Volume 9 though, because that's the next chapter following the end of the Female titan arc.

I prefer physical copies though.

The only digital manga I read was Deadman Wonderland (which I also recommend).

Edited by TheErebus.

I would say that yes, it is getting into right now. 

Start from Volume 9 though, because that's the next chapter following the end of the Female titan arc.

I prefer physical copies though.

The only digital manga I read was Deadman Wonderland (which I also recommend).

I'd buy physical copies if I could find them in my country. I only read/watch it here and there. Never got completely into it.

I'd buy physical copies if I could find them in my country. I only read/watch it here and there. Never got completely into it.

I was really into it when I first watched it, but slowly I started seeing some flaws in it. 

I saw the anime and checked out the manga as well. But I didnt like the manga style of it. I find it messy and ugly so I dropped it.

Can you tell me if they know more about the titans? Like where do they come from? Is the story nearing the end or still a lot of plotholes to fill?

Edited by kubbi

Can you tell me if they know more about the titans? Like where do they come from? Is the story nearing the end or still a lot of plotholes to fill?

It's now made aware that some Titans can speak. 

I haven't gotten that far into the story to know if they know where they come from, but Eren is slowly becoming more of a god amongst titans than what you would've expected at first.

I wont say how or why, because that'd be just revealing everything.

As for plot holes, I'm not sure.

Can you name me some to see if they were resolved?

Edited by TheErebus.

It's now made aware that some Titans can speak. 

I haven't gotten that far into the story to know if they know where they come from, but Eren is slowly becoming more of a god amongst titans than what you would've expected at first.

I wont say how or why, because that'd be just revealing everything.

As for plot holes, I'm not sure.

Can you name me some to see if they were resolved?

Cool thanks for the info!

I'm don't know any specific plot points. Just curious in general if the story seems to be ending or not.

I take it you know about the coordinate?

Silly stuff really, it's kind of an excuse to give more power to Eren than he already has. They also follow the cliché of being used during a moment of intense emotion. That also just happened in time when Mikasa was about to confess to him, no less. 

But it does seem like they're more concerned about overthrowing the government than taking back the land and getting to Eren's basement. I don't blame them though.

Cool thanks for the info!

I'm don't know any specific plot points. Just curious in general if the story seems to be ending or not.

From where I'm at, it isn't ending any time soon.

But you are interested in Kill la Kill ( ̄▽ ̄)

J/k

I will never like Kill la Kill. 

I don't care if it's a subtle jab at fan-service, it's just an annoying series.

Like seriously, why is that "Don't lose your way" song even popular? It sounds horrible.

Silly stuff really, it's kind of an excuse to give more power to Eren than he already has. They also follow the cliché of being used during a moment of intense emotion. That also just happened in time when Mikasa was about to confess to him, no less. 

But it does seem like they're more concerned about overthrowing the government than taking back the land and getting to Eren's basement. I don't blame them though.

It is a dumb and really annoying trope, but we'll see where it goes.

As for the the second point, I think the fact that they assumed there was a huge hole in the wall is the reason why they stopped their progress for the basement. That and the rest of the S#&$ that happens throughout 9-12

From where I'm at, it isn't ending any time soon.

I will never like Kill la Kill.

I don't care if it's a subtle jab at fan-service, it's just an annoying series.

Like seriously, why is that "Don't lose your way" song even popular? It sounds horrible.

Ik, that's why I teased you with it.

I don't care if it's an obvious jab at fan-service, it's just an annoying series.

FTFY.

I mean, what are your thoughts on Gurren Lagann? They and KlK are made by the same people, after all. It starts off as rather light-hearted, then there's some plot twist that makes the entire thing much darker than it originally was.

Also, both have boobs.

FTFY.

I mean, what are your thoughts on Gurren Lagann? They and KlK are made by the same people, after all. It starts off as rather light-hearted, then there's some plot twist that makes the entire thing much darker than it originally was.

Also, both have boobs.

I've never watched Gurren Lagann, and after hearing that they were made by the same people, I don't want to watch it. 

And which starts out light hearted? 

Kill la Kill (with a red and black protag SO EDGY) or Gurren Lagann?

Ooh, I'll get back into this then. Did they ever find out about the basement and Eren's father?

Not in these volumes, but I assume in the following volumes they'll shed some light on it.