Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, Who Here Hopes Ark:survival Evolved Does Well?

Fatfunker

probably the first game I'm thinking about getting early access for (AFTER i see what people say about it!)

post what you think about this game! or don't, I'm not your parent.

p.s. it will also have: private / single-player / co-operative modes which is mostly why I'm excited! (going to be cautious though)

Edit: June 2nd 2015 is the early access

Edit2: here is the FAQ for the game: http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/613957600545122958/

Edited by Fatfunker

Because it's going to have single player and private matches AND CO-OPERATIVE ONLY, it's already 10x better than DayZ ever will be.

But let's see how it works at launch before jumping to the side of "IT'S GONNA SUX" or "ITS 10/10"

Because it's going to have single player and private matches AND CO-OPERATIVE ONLY, it's already 10x better than DayZ ever will be.

But let's see how it works at launch before jumping to the side of "IT'S GONNA SUX" or "ITS 10/10"

Agreed

probably the first game I'm thinking about getting early access for (AFTER i see what people say about it!)

post what you think about this game! or don't, I'm not your parent.

p.s. it will also have: private / single-player / co-operative modes which is mostly why I'm excited! (going to be cautious though)

Edit: June 2nd 2015 is the early access

Edit2: here is the FAQ for the game: http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/613957600545122958/

added FAQ

eh, that trailer doesn't show much. but it's a Trailer, they rarely show much.

honestly, from that Trailer, you could remove the Dinosaur gimmick - and you'd have a pretty standard Survival Game.

so... before i'm interested at all, i'd need to see unique things that i can't get elsewhere. why should you play this game instead of another? the Survival Genre is starting to saturate - if you want Customers, you need to prove why you should get paid and played instead of someone else.

as right this moment, i actually would have preferred the Survival and Dinosaurs snipped from that Trailer, and just be the 'Walking Simulator' genre.

the scenery is very lively and vivid.

the Dinosaurs... we'll see. concerned though, the Dinosaurs didn't react like creatures in nature. running by them, whether a predator or not - is asking for trouble that you'll get. you'll spook the beast and it will attack you due to proximity.

the one (suspiciously like a UMP clone) gun that was shown while everything else was Stone Spears and Bows - suggests that technology might be as stupid as Rust - where you craft an Beretta 92 with your bare hands.

- - - - -

i'm not that thrilled about PvP esque things and invading Servers and Et Cetera.

but, since you don't need to only play on Dedicated Servers, i see it can be avoided, focusing on Co-Op strategy and creativity. so it's not the end of the world.

with any luck, combat related aspects of these Dinosaurs and ancient creatures will not be lame Health Bars and whacking it until it dies - but instead developing strategies for defending or hunting Creatures.

simple ideas include Weakpoints, strong points, weaknesses and strengths, Et Cetera.

supposedly the Creatures should have AI that makes sense and isn't stupid - but we've all heard that before, getting AI to feel natural rather than mechanical is difficult.

100% strict Server programming can be detrimental. it's great on paper but if connections stutter once in a while (quite a few Consumers have mediocre or worse Internet service... i don't know how they can stand it) or other issues, the Client could, say, die, while not seeing any reason for it on their screen.

- - - - -

my prime Survival title to keep an eye on currently, is Eden Star.

Edited by taiiat

Problem with some of these games is that they usually don't really have much of an objective other than "Do whatever". Which in turn is only rewarding for so long until you are pretty much self sufficient. After that I find games like this to be incredibly boring.

"Hey! What a cool little village you've got! Now there is absolutely nothing left to do and you'll have to leave ALL your hard work behind in order to find something even remotely interesting to do!"

At least that's what I think.

Problem with some of these games is that they usually don't really have much of an objective other than "Do whatever". Which in turn is only rewarding for so long until you are pretty much self sufficient. After that I find games like this to be incredibly boring.

"Hey! What a cool little village you've got! Now there is absolutely nothing left to do and you'll have to leave ALL your hard work behind in order to find something even remotely interesting to do!"

At least that's what I think.

as far as i remember i think it will have some sort of main quest but bosses (like the fire breathing dragon) should be fun. also June 2nd is when it comes out of alpha (i think) so it's pretty fricken new. but i understand if it does not interest you :)

eh, that trailer doesn't show much. but it's a Trailer, they rarely show much.

honestly, from that Trailer, you could remove the Dinosaur gimmick - and you'd have a pretty standard Survival Game.

so... before i'm interested at all, i'd need to see unique things that i can't get elsewhere. why should you play this game instead of another? the Survival Genre is starting to saturate - if you want Customers, you need to prove why you should get paid and played instead of someone else.

as right this moment, i actually would have preferred the Survival and Dinosaurs snipped from that Trailer, and just be the 'Walking Simulator' genre.

the scenery is very lively and vivid.

the Dinosaurs... we'll see. concerned though, the Dinosaurs didn't react like creatures in nature. running by them, whether a predator or not - is asking for trouble that you'll get. you'll spook the beast and it will attack you due to proximity.

the one (suspiciously like a UMP clone) gun that was shown while everything else was Stone Spears and Bows - suggests that technology might be as stupid as Rust - where you craft an Beretta 92 with your bare hands.

- - - - -

my prime Survival title to keep an eye on currently, is Eden Star.

to each their own

but if you want a decent review (no gameplay just commentary) try this:

Problem with some of these games is that they usually don't really have much of an objective other than "Do whatever".

the FAQ mentions intentions for Solo and Co-Op only play to want to have more of a direction, more 'substance'. Et Cetera.

Quests, Bosses, Et Cetera.

Edit:

but if you want a decent review

that's not a review. it's a waste of the viewer's time.

conjecture videos that make wild guesses based off of little information isn't needed.

i already can do that on my own! :p

pausing at each segment to make somewhat educated guesses based off of what i see.

Edited by taiiat

that's not a review. it's a waste of the viewer's time.

conjecture videos that make wild guesses based off of little information isn't needed.

i already can do that on my own! :p

pausing at each segment to make somewhat educated guesses based off of what i see.

if you listen from 0:15-0:25 he tells you where he gets all the information i found it was better than spending an hour (or 2) finding the info i wanted

BUT if we wait, (June 2nd is EA give or take a week from then) we should have much more reliable information