Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Pvp) I'm Actually Ok With The Daikyu Nerf, And Here's Why:

Phasedragon

#1 abilities!

First of all, a hit from the daikyu leaves even the tankiest frames with little more than a sliver of health. When I first started playing post-nerf, I played exactly as I used to: Valkyr without using powers. This meant that if I hit someone, I had to finish them off with a secondary. This proved difficult because weapon switch time is still a bit slow, and anyone who knows what they're doing can get out of there fast.

However, someone suggested #1 abilities. I tried it, and it really does work. Just toss a fireball to follow up your arrow. I got the same K/D, just took me a little longer. I'm using ember P, but frost, oberon, mag, and volt work just fine. What this means is it encourages players to use more than just one method of dealing damage. Quite frankly, GG DE. Not sure if you knew what you were doing, but now that I've realized it, you've done a good job.

This new playstyle for the daikyu encourages synergy with your other equipment and teamwork. It works very well.

And besides, everyone thinks they're so cool, running around with 80% health, not bothering to heal up. Maybe against peers, you might not find it, but it's actually pretty common, and half my kills I didn't even need to finish them off with a fireball.

There is ways and ways to nerf...they should have changed the oneshot hitting box, something like you kill someone only if you it him in the high chest/head.

Now it doesn't make sensw use warframe such as excal, mag or similar because they still die and Rhino or Volt doesn't. This is not really balanced, it encourage people to use always the same frame

Thank you for posting this OP. Its where bows need to be. Just because they dont die instantly doesnt mean it doesnt do insane dmg. Smack em with a melee if ur close and its gg. 1st ability works too depending on frame. 

There is ways and ways to nerf...they should have changed the oneshot hitting box, something like you kill someone only if you it him in the high chest/head.
Now it doesn't make sensw use warframe such as excal, mag or similar because they still die and Rhino or Volt doesn't. This is not really balanced, it encourage people to use always the same frame

This is also a great sugestion with the hitbox. We see it in alot of shooters. Like the heart and up is a 1 shot. Abdomen and lower needs more dmg to finish (usually the 50 cal snipers). Mag i agree is in a bad place with TTK. The only reason these frames seem bad is because they are movement speed frames which we all know movement speed means nothing because you can just copter around.

Edited by xxaaron5515xx

Oneshots are toxic, they lurk egokids and have to disappear from PVP.

Its funny because some of the best and original shooter games had 1 shot weapons. It's just something that makes players use different skills. Stop being so one-sided

As for OP's post. Its so easy to use powers theres no skill involved, if anything it took more skill to rely on only the daikyu.

Edited by Eureka.seveN