The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

16.6.3 Fps Drop

Raydiayt

I played last night before 16.6.3 came out, no problem with framerate, consistently 60fps or 70fps depending on where I am.

Today the game updated except when I logged in, immediately there was a noticeable change in framerate right from the login screen. It struggled to reach 45fps, settled for 25fps and carried on like that everywhere else in the game.

I haven't had this problem before with my build:

GTX 560

i3 - 3220 (3.3 Ghz)

4 Gb RAM

I also tried Warframe on my laptop, no problems with framerate, same as when I played it before 16.6.3:

AMD R9 M275

i7 - 5500 (2.4 Ghz)

16 Gb RAM

The specs are better if not the same as my desktop, but I assume it's because it's a different graphics card designer.

Again, I haven't had this problem before 16.6.3 and I also spoke to a few people who claimed they had the same problem but I didn't ask what they were running

Edited by Raychiu

my guess will be Memory. keep something open to keep track of memory on your Desktop. Task Manager is fine for this.

start it before you launch Warframe. take a couple seconds to get an average. then launch Warframe. fiddle around in Warframe a bit. open some menus, process some actions. maybe start a Mission and walk through a few Tiles and then quit.

note your Memory usage. use this information to determine if you're going above ~2900MB(Task Manager doesn't include Kernal and Et Cetera in used Memory, so it shows your usage a couple hundred megs or so lower than it actually is) used on the memory graph in Task Manager. if you are - you're out of easily accessible Memory and Windows will need to move things to Swap File in order to store more data.

this results in absolutely terrible system performance. which would include Warframe.