The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Catbrow

SilverHazzes

I have to say that Catbrows in my opinion seem to be very big. Maybe if they weren´t that large they would be cuter and they would be more original in terms of action. I mean, iagine that little thing jumping into your face and don´t letting you see nothing until you get rid of it or jumping into the face of your enemies to shred them. Anyway it´s just a suggestion that can even be taken as a joke =) . So what you people think about Katbrows size?

To me it seems like it sorta a one time use thing, consumable, like a energy restore, you place it on the ground and then its legs snap in half and all the enemies around you flinch and say "eww gross" and then you need to go find a new catbro egg and wait 12 hours for it to hatch.

To me it seems like it sorta a one time use thing, consumable, like a energy restore, you place it on the ground and then its legs snap in half and all the enemies around you flinch and say "eww gross" and then you need to go find a new catbro egg and wait 12 hours for it to hatch.

i laughed at this more than i probably should have lol could you just imagine it? a group of grineer yell "wait a minute" and the whole battle stops just so that they can point out how nasty that would be. 

I clearly imagined the scene, and it made me think... WTF?!?

I want ugly cat-like beast that tears griniers etc apart, bites heads off, hangs dead bodies on their own guts. How is that small and cute cat should full fil this role? it the end Warframe is about many ways of KILLING:P

Edited by Kripion

I don't really like its anatomy. Specifically the ribcage area and head. Generally the body will be larger at the front (ribcage) and slimmer at the back, here on the catbrow, it's reversed, and it kinda makes it look bad. And that small head, wtf.

I thought the same thing when I saw the legs so I did a rework of Mynki's design and added a bit more protection and bulked up the legs and face, I added reptile scales to the front to protect vitals from a front attack and barbs on it's back to protect it from being jumped on, see my rework below.

SfeGU67.jpg

Now, I don't know ANYTHING about 3D design or animation, but what sticks out to me in the main image is the icon statement that says "basically fits Kubrow skeleton".

Now, as far as I know, this MAY mean that it WILL be the same size as a Kubrow, or it may just be a reference to the notion that "Hey, we can use the skeleton we already have to work on animations and whatnot for these guys instead of having to start from scratch!" with them being able to grow or shrink the skeleton as needed.

Is that something easily done?

I thought the same thing when I saw the legs so I did a rework of Mynki's design and added a bit more protection and bulked up the legs and face, I added reptile scales to the front to protect vitals from a front attack and barbs on it's back to protect it from being jumped on, see my rework below.

SfeGU67.jpg

Heh. I approve.

Of course, the issue with scales that I had even when I was working with my concept was it kinda makes it difficult to see them working well with the current kubrow pattern sets which don't have scales on them. Harder to identify what will change of the scales when you add in a different gene masking kit and the like.

SfeGU67.jpg

This is cool but something doesn't need bulky legs to be strong or sturdy. Birds would be an example of a creature that appears fragile but definitely has tough bones and strong muscles. Hell a swan's bones are strong enough to break a human's bones in certain cases.

Now, I don't know ANYTHING about 3D design or animation, but what sticks out to me in the main image is the icon statement that says "basically fits Kubrow skeleton".

Now, as far as I know, this MAY mean that it WILL be the same size as a Kubrow, or it may just be a reference to the notion that "Hey, we can use the skeleton we already have to work on animations and whatnot for these guys instead of having to start from scratch!" with them being able to grow or shrink the skeleton as needed.

Is that something easily done?

Yeah, it mainly means it can attach to the same animation skeleton as the Kubrow. From there it can be scaled up or down depending, but it will allow them to share animations with kubrow and save them a lot of time building a new skeleton from scratch. 

I would imagine any new skin would ignore the scales and fit anything that is indicated as flesh

And that makes sense, given that I assume the scales themselves will be colorable with any range of fur colorations.

Still, I can't help but feel the presence of the scales would add a little difficulty to mapping on the fur colors. But I don't know for certain.

Yeah, it mainly means it can attach to the same animation skeleton as the Kubrow. From there it can be scaled up or down depending, but it will allow them to share animations with kubrow and save them a lot of time building a new skeleton from scratch. 

Ah. Good to know.

So, really we know little about it's actual size and whatnot at this point other than it will likely share running animations and other such things - I imagine idles will be made separate for it.

This is cool but something doesn't need bulky legs to be strong or sturdy. Birds would be an example of a creature that appears fragile but definitely has tough bones and strong muscles. Hell a swan's bones are strong enough to break a human's bones in certain cases.

True enough but if you saw the original it just looked like the legs would not support the body they were attached to, plus if you want something that will protect you those legs just did not do it for me but after all these are just first concepts from Mynki:)

True enough but if you saw the original it just looked like the legs would not support the body they were attached to, plus if you want something that will protect you those legs just did not do it for me but after all these are just first concepts from Mynki:)

vLqyPZd.jpg

canadagoose_tcm9-18252.jpg?width=530&cro

Ehhhhhhh. Bones can be surprisingly thick and durable, and the rest of the body's not that big.

But like you said, it's not FINAL. There may be SOME beefing up, but I don't think it needs to be by much myself.

Edited by Morec0

SfeGU67.jpg

Seal-of-approval.jpg

Edited by (PS4)GoggleHead1

You got lucky, I wasn't drinking anything while I read that. I would have sprayed it all over my desk and screen.

Underrated post.

Edited by Grulos