Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Windows 10 Tech Preview Users

Avenwing

Well full version got announced for July 29th, So I hope they get there act together before then. Last thing we need is for 10 to become vista 3.

I'm finding it to be quite nice, actually. I like it so far, and hope that even more tweaks and performance increases are inbound.

One thing I want though is a "Windows Gaming Mode", similar to Razer game booster.

I'm finding it to be quite nice, actually. I like it so far, and hope that even more tweaks and performance increases are inbound.

One thing I want though is a "Windows Gaming Mode", similar to Razer game booster.

All they need to do to sell windows 10 to me is prove that it is functionally stable. Like XP was. 8.1 sure as hell isn't.

Edited by (PS4)Pharen

All they need to do to sell windows 10 to me is prove that it is functionally stable. Like XP was. 8.1 sure as hell isn't.

Seems relatively stable to me as of yet. Slowdowns are non-existant, and menus are relatively instant (But probably because I have an SSD)

Seems relatively stable to me as of yet. Slowdowns are non-existant, and menus are relatively instant (But probably because I have an SSD)

I have the 256GB version of the highest end SSD samsung produced when I purchased it less than a year ago, but I've had no end to the amount of issues with start up failures on windows 8.1. And occasionally I get hung processes when I'm using certain programs, games seem unaffected, but all round windows 8.1 has been the most unstable OS I have ever used, and I've used linux and Mac OS, *shudder* mac OS....

Edited by (PS4)Pharen

I have the 256GB version of the highest end SSD samsung produced when I purchased it less than a year ago, but I've had no end to the amount of issues with start up failures on windows 8.1. And occasionally I get hung processes when I'm using certain programs, games seem unaffected, but all round windows 8.1 has been the most unstable OS I have ever used, and I've used linux and Mac OS, *shudder* mac OS....

I've got a Crucial MX100 SSD in this laptop right now. I can't say I've ever experienced what you went through. Things were as smooth as butter for me when I had 8.1, and now it's even smoother in Win10

I've got a Crucial MX100 SSD in this laptop right now. I can't say I've ever experienced what you went through. Things were as smooth as butter for me when I had 8.1, and now it's even smoother in Win10

Things were even worse before I installed the software that came with my SSD. It modified a couple of settings in the OS automatically, and made the computer able to run for more than a few minutes at a time before lockup and this is no weak system:

CPU: FX8350 8 core 4.0 GHz before OC

RAM: 16GB 1866MHz DDR3 GSkill

Motherboard: highest end Gigabyte that supports the CPU socket type. (cant remember the name)

Graphics card: GTX980 (formerly R7 250 placeholder card because I ran into financial difficulties when I was building and needed to get it running)