Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I've Never Understood The Concept Of Having To Pay To Be Online. [Short Rant]

JaysInc

Like Xbox's gold membership and the PS4's online membership, it seems redundant to have to pay for a membership to play online when you're already playing for your own internet bill, not to mention the fact that you also have to pay for your own light bill, which can cut off your internet.

I mean, you could have a free online service, but it would always be down due to stupid stuff like twelve year olds trying My First DDOS.

How soon you forget the many major network DDoS attacks that have occurred on both Sony & Microsoft in the past year taking their PAID network offline for thousands of players days on end. Sure that type of thing surely cannot be true at all since it is a paid service. The stories & news must all be falsified.

How soon you forget the many major network DDoS attacks that have occurred on both Sony & Microsoft in the past year taking their PAID network offline for thousands of players days on end. Sure that type of thing surely cannot be true at all since it is a paid service. The stories & news must all be falsified.

It's a bit difficult to figure out exactly what point you're trying to make, so I'll just say that the problem would only be worse if the service providers couldn't afford third party abatement solutions.

Like Xbox's gold membership and the PS4's online membership, it seems redundant to have to pay for a membership to play online when you're already playing for your own internet bill, not to mention the fact that you also have to pay for your own light bill, which can cut off your internet.

Well actually... With PS4 you don't need to pay to play online, but okie.

basically the same way a MMO like wow requires a subscription. to give you the "best" service possible and to give you more content.

but thanks to the recent trend in DDOS attacking, the truth has been revealed that all they have done is sit on the $ and not done jack-S#&$ with any of it. im sorry, but fix your dam service or else im just gonna stay with the PC master race. (I mean, Jesus. there are MINECRAFT servers with better protection then what you guys have...)

but sony is the lesser of 2 evils since they allow certain games to be played without their PS+ subscription and the PS3 didn't even require one to play online.

Edited by McDuffMan

Settle PC broke race. We pay for dedicated servers, cloud storage, voice and video chat, free game access, and discounts on new products. And honestly PS store has been on par with the prices of steam sales lately, so there's no reason to complain about that. I prefer my PS4 for the simple fact that it has exceptional hardware and software stability, something that cannot be said about PC hardware or software.

That's all good to say and that, but these DDoS attacks were done by PC users in an attempt to discredit the consoles. You fail to point out the frequency of PC games also recieving DDoS attacks as well such as most EA games, LoL, DoTA, and many other popular PC game franchises.

That's all good to say and that, but these DDoS attacks were done by PC users in an attempt to discredit the consoles. You fail to point out the frequency of PC games also recieving DDoS attacks as well such as most EA games, LoL, DoTA, and many other popular PC game franchises.

I mean, you could have a free online service, but it would always be down due to stupid stuff like twelve year olds trying My First DDOS.

The original post and topic is about consoles and paying for online services, then this statement here comes along about free online services. The topic really has nothing to do with PC games.

Also as fyi of course DDoS attacks originate from PC users because consoles are not able to manage even basic things lets alone something that could bring down an entire companies network or servers. Heck the console designs & parts are are engineered from PC's and scaled down.

In short PC master race will always be here and online services will probably always remain free on PC.

The original post and topic is about consoles and paying for online services, then this statement here comes along about free online services. The topic really has nothing to do with PC games.

Also as fyi of course DDoS attacks originate from PC users because consoles are not able to manage even basic things lets alone something that could bring down an entire companies network or servers. Heck the console designs & parts are are engineered from PC's and scaled down.

In short PC master race will always be here and online services will probably always remain free on PC.

Wait, wait, waitwaitwait.

Yeah, I have no idea what you're trying to say here. As penance, here's a cute duck.

Only an ignorant fool believes there choice of hardware makes them superior and for your information you can DDoS from a cellphone. A console is more than capable with the right software.