Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Windows 10 Upgrade Prompt

Huh?

It's not like a setting or anything, you just go into the list of all of Windows's services and disable it.

It's been a thing for as long as I can remember (at least as far back as Vista) and that's not just something they can take out.

It's not something the average consumer would know how to do, despite how simple it is.

Hmm... IDK, maybe they will find a way to force it upon you.

Hmm... IDK, maybe they will find a way to force it upon you.

If there's one thing about Windows Operating Systems that I know, it's that everything can be broken easily.

They won't force this on me!

I hate forced updates too. It's why I always keep the service and related processes disabled.

I hate having to restart my computer, so I don't let Windows auto update.

If there's one thing about Windows Operating Systems that I know, it's that everything can be broken easily.

They won't force this on me!

I hate forced updates too. It's why I always keep the service and related processes disabled.

I hate having to restart my computer, so I don't let Windows auto update.

One thing I know about windows 8.1, everything is already broken lol.

But yeah, there's probably a way to stop updates, but knowing microsoft they will put a system in place where certain things will be inaccesable until these updates have been installed like they do with Xbox, since 10 is really built on the same foundation as the Xbone OS.

I prefer for the OS to download the updates, and leave them there, so I can choose when to install them.

Well still have no idea about Windows 10 after upgrade "upgrade and access full option of windows 10 only free for first year then you need to pay full amount to keep those option and windows update service" or "free upgrade for the first year after windows 10 release after that you'll need to pay to get upgrade 8>10 or w/e"

Edited by Shafilp

Note that you won't be getting key with this upgrade, so if you decide to reinstall Win10 after free year you'll still need a key.

It might be the same thing where you just use Belarc Advisor and extract the key yourself.

Yeesh.

I may be better off just getting a bootleg from a friend at a local college like I've always done, just to see if it's worth buying.

Or, or...Become a Windows Insider, download the ISO, install to a Virtual Machine, and test :3