Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Instantly Died (Not Downed) With 450 Energy And Quick Thinking

Plorf

Was just doing an infested hive alert and saw a downed teammate (I'm playing Mirage btw). So I cloak near him with Shade active and start reviving, noticing my HP going down because infested are attacking him. I figured, not to worry right? I have full energy and Quick Thinking, I'll have time to finish this revive.

Well long story short I got killed (not downed) immediately once my health hit zero, bypassing my QT entirely. It could be that QT just does that against reasonably tough enemies, but I highly doubt that. And the insta-death while in a squad is definitely a bug, as I had full revives and only one other player was down.

Any idea on what happened in both of those cases?

That's happened to me before. Not a bug, the infested just hate you. Quick thinking (with rage) isn't a perfect solution in all cases for being a tank, especially infested missions. There are always going to be exceptions to how certain mods and mechanics work. So yeah, you got #rekt

1 - Quick Thinking doesn't activate if the Damage Instance you take exceeds your Energy Pool. it won't waste your Energy.

2 - if all other Players are down or dead when you go down, you will not go down and instead will be dead with a revive prompt.

Looks like I left this thread idle, woops.

The hive mission was somewhere in the 30-something level range. I died in one of those long hive rooms with the two side passages on the left and right, not standing in any clouds. I got hit by what was probably a Charger or some other physical infested, so I don't know if that would bypass QT or not.

Regardless, I'm certain there were 2 other squadmates alive at the time. This type of thing has happened to me before which is why I made a thread about it now.