Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hopes For Parkour 2.0's Effect On Stamina

Ironlixivium

Personally I hope the "stamina" concept will be scrapped, and replaced with timing restrictions (if you choose to restrict these things)

Basically, what I mean is, instead of having our current stamina, which basically just stops you from doing too many cool things without slowing to a jogging pace (no offense :/ ) we could have separate bars that are hidden until you need to see them. The only two I can think of that might be necessary is a "cling" and "block" bar. 

To put it simply, the block bar would appear while blocking (big surprise there) and deplete based on how many shots blocked. The "cling" bar would appear and deplete while you cling to something and stay there (on the parkour you showed in the devstream, I noticed you could stay completely stationary on walls and cables, this is where this bar would be activated).

And any other things you find needs restricting I hope will be like this. 

The reason I dislike a blanket stamina bar, is not only because my frame is a space ninja who can't beat my sprint distance, but that it limits things that go together if you do too much of one thing. For example, meleeing, although is not in itself restricted by stamina, consumes it so that you can't sprint to your next target, and when you have 50 heavies at full gorgon spool firing into your back, not being able to sprint to your next target to get more health is a serious issue, not to mention it breaks the melee combo counter. It's just annoying to have things like that stop you from sprinting, which, since you're a space ninja, you should be able to do all the time no matter what, lol.

Thanks for reading

TL;DR: instead of a blanket action regulating bar, have a different bar for separate actions. The only two necessary one I can think of are clinging and blocking. Also, please let sprinting, wall running etc just remain unrestricted.

TL;DR: instead of a blanket action regulating bar, have a different bar for separate actions. The only two necessary one I can think of are clinging and blocking. Also, please let sprinting, wall running etc just remain unrestricted.

Clinging? Theres a new iteration of parkour 2,0 thats focused on short wall dashes and using enemies to dash off of.  Dunno if youve seen the latest devstream. 

Also on dev they have been experimenting with no stamina at all. Also you can quote Scott saying "I hate that damn green bar."

Clinging? Theres a new iteration of parkour 2,0 thats focused on short wall dashes and using enemies to dash off of.  Dunno if youve seen the latest devstream. 

Also on dev they have been experimenting with no stamina at all. Also you can quote Scott saying "I hate that damn green bar."

This was replacing the one that was shown? Are you sure? It just looked like new stuff to me, they were far too into the version they showed to just throw it away. o.0 Also, I know their version has no stamina, they were also talking about how some stuff would probably be restricted though. I honestly hope they don't limit our clinging, but if they must, I hope they do it this way.

This was replacing the one that was shown? Are you sure? It just looked like new stuff to me, they were far too into the version they showed to just throw it away. o.0 Also, I know their version has no stamina, they were also talking about how some stuff would probably be restricted though. I honestly hope they don't limit our clinging, but if they must, I hope they do it this way.

The version you were talking about was scrapped. Watch the devstream, they felt it wasnt needed to have that kind of movement and that it was difficult on controllers, also lack of ziplines. 

The version you were talking about was scrapped. Watch the devstream, they felt it wasnt needed to have that kind of movement and that it was difficult on controllers, also lack of ziplines. 

Oh. Aw, I was looking forward to that D:

They said in the last devstream they'll completely scrap stamina being a thing. They're thinking about what else to do in place of stamina.

Ok. Then this is my suggestion.