Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Avatar System Desperately Needs To Be Fixed

cherrypill

I'm aware that, at their base, avatars are technically cosmetic, but they do serve a very important utility, and that would be identifying a player at a glance, without having to read their username.

Putting a paywall in front of avatars will force a grand majority of players to just use the default avatars, and they have. When everyone's using the same 4(?) avatars, it becomes impossible to differentiate people on their avatars alone. A better solution would be to drop paid avatars entirely, and have players be assigned either a portrait of the Warframe they're currently using, or, even better, simply allow for custom avatars. As for the people who already purchased avatars, well, either a refund, or maybe an exclusive weapon would surely be enough to lighten the blow.

Avatars are an important utility, and there really shouldn't be a price on them.

I think it's fine the way it is.

When everyone's using the same 4(?) avatars, it becomes impossible to differentiate people on their avatars alone.

There's a setting to always display user's names above their heads.

Avatars are of very minor importance. I'd rather DE make the unimportant things their sources of income.

This.

I don't actually even assign an avatar. It shows as excalibro on forums by default, but in game I'm a rank 17 with the "just-joined-the-game" lotus avatar. :)

I'm aware that, at their base, avatars are technically cosmetic, but they do serve a very important utility, and that would be identifying a player at a glance, without having to read their username.

Putting a paywall in front of avatars will force a grand majority of players to just use the default avatars, and they have. When everyone's using the same 4(?) avatars, it becomes impossible to differentiate people on their avatars alone. A better solution would be to drop paid avatars entirely, and have players be assigned either a portrait of the Warframe they're currently using, or, even better, simply allow for custom avatars. As for the people who already purchased avatars, well, either a refund, or maybe an exclusive weapon would surely be enough to lighten the blow.

Avatars are an important utility, and there really shouldn't be a price on them.

15-30plat for a picture set isn't really a pay wall lol ever heard of farming so easy to make plat in this guy why you making it sound hard?