Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Do Resources Despawn After A While?

Tyrian3k

That has actually bothered me for quite a while now.

Mods don't despawn at all. If you missed one you can still pick it up if you go past that section again at a later point.

Resources despawn after they've been on the ground for a while, which can be really annoying, as I can't just concentrate on fighting e.g. during a defense mission, because I have to pick the resources up as they drop if I don't want to risk them to despawn. Moreover most of the resources that drop from enemies that my teammates killed will despawn before I know they even existed.

Players tend to look around for mods between waves, so they might just as well be able to look for resources at the same time.

An additional suggestion by Corvinna:

Honestly...mods and materials should be like credits...someone picks them up, everyone gets them. Seems a little silly for everyone to have to rush to a material to get it, or try to rush to a mod before wave 5 ends and they miss it...would also give the fast frames something else to do.

Edited by Tyrian3k

Agreed. Especially in defense missions, people would be wandering around searching for the resources instead of *defending*. Utterly defeats the purpose of defense missions. I hope the DE sees this!

Upvoted.

Honestly...mods and materials should be like credits...someone picks them up, everyone gets them. Seems a little silly for everyone to have to rush to a material to get it, or try to rush to a mod before wave 5 ends and they miss it...would also give the fast frames something else to do.

Yes well its like other games like you dont pick up the hearts after a while if you dont get them,But mods are a bit more important tho because mods are a bigger concept in the game because things like the hellfire mods for your guns when resources are not as big...............

performance issues probably

Consider it this way: you're hosting in a defense map at wave 25; the whole map ground is covered with ressources, spheres, ammo packs and whatever else drops.

Your fps is now less than 10.

That's typically what happened before U7, and there weren't even endless defense yet.

That is what I was thinking too! Why not allow one player to collect the mods and resources and everyone automatically receives their share via RNG system. This is a co-op game right?

RIght now i am facing problems in mobile defense mission where people like to wander off to the far end to kill enemies and level up their frames alone. Sometimes they die trying that, sometimes we fail the mission because only one or two is defending. Not only that, some do not mark the mods that dropped and resources disappear because no one knows where they are.

performance issues probably

Consider it this way: you're hosting in a defense map at wave 25; the whole map ground is covered with ressources, spheres, ammo packs and whatever else drops.

Your fps is now less than 10.

That's typically what happened before U7, and there weren't even endless defense yet.

Sorry, but I am talking about resources not spheres and ammo packs.

Players are very eager to collect resources and in difference to ammo and spheres the players are always capable of picking them up.

If they do this, they should make it so only people within a certain range get the pickup in order to encourage sticking with your cell.

This will still not solve the problem when some players choose to wander off and not play nice in the game. E.g Rushers in normal missions, etc.