Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Xbox One: Tubemen Of Regor

[DE]Megan

I started with Nef but I switched to Alad V cause I wanted to play the other side and see what it was like and the teams I was on continued to play Alad so I just stayed Alad lol. Not a great reason, but it is what it is.

Lore-wise I think it makes more sense to support Alad, because if the cure is retained then no matter who has it, there is the future possibility that the infestation can be reversed. If the cure is just destroyed then there is much less of a chance.

But lore aside, I originally wanted Nef to win on the XBone simply because Alad V won on the PC.

Alad V is a scumbag, but if there is a chance that Tyl Regor's Grineer defect cure can also be used to eventually somehow reverse the infestation, then I think you have to take that chance, versus destroying it, and there being even less of a chance to find a cure.

Also destroying it is just kind of cruel to the Grineer, as Regor himself said, the poor Grineer, brain too small, and life too short. The dude is just trying to save his people.

Now not taking the lore into consideration, I wouldn't mind if Nef won.

Alad V is a scumbag, but if there is a chance that Tyl Regor's Grineer defect cure can also be used to eventually somehow reverse the infestation, then I think you have to take that chance, versus destroying it, and there being even less of a chance to find a cure.

Also destroying it is just kind of cruel to the Grineer, as Regor himself said, the poor Grineer, brain too small, and life too short. The dude is just trying to save his people.

Now not taking the lore into consideration, I wouldn't mind if Nef won.

As the evidence stands on PC, when Alad won, he did not cure himself, he just got more infested.

The Grineer are hellbent on genocide, they shouldn't be cured.

But the cure is still alive is it not? As long as the cure is still out there and not completely destroyed there is a chance, however small, regardless of what Alad V is currently doing to himself and the infested.

If we destroy the cure there is little to no chance period.

Finally the Grineer may be hellbent, but A) there are some good Grineer out there who are less hellbent, and B) maybe they'd be a little less hellbent on killing everyone if they could think more for themselves as all others can do. However they won't be able to do that (as Regor said "Brains too small") unless we give them a chance. Unless we preserve a cure.

Also it's not our jobs to decide who should be or should not be cured. We already participated in the utter destruction of two races (Sentient and the Orokin) I think it's high-time we don't participate in the eventual decay of a third race.

^ Sentients being alive doesn't mean we didn't participate in the destruction of a race. If you killed a ton of population A to the point where they were basically extinct or had to disappear to get away from you, then it doesn't matter if some survived you still participated in a horrific event. Saying some of them survived and are coming back after they've re-tooled is hardly the point.

Well whether or not an entire race DESERVES to get wiped out is certainly debatable at worst and just plain wrong at best. If you assume as I assume there are at least a few members of the population who was good (this is likely, because most society have at least a small contingent of people who are not like the rest) and you assume there are children who can be molded to think differently if given the chance then it's difficult to say an entire race deserves to get wiped out.

I certainly don't feel like I have the authority to decide and approve the fate of an entire race.

Ever think the Orokin deserved to get wiped out? Have you read any of the Prime codex or sanctuary entries? They weren't what I'd call good people.

I think the Orokin Empire needed to fall, but exterminate all the "Orokin" people? I think I am with Lorewalker1022 on that.

However, on-topic - both Alad and Nef say Tyl's work is (or will lead to) a cure for infestation. Alad is probably lying and Nef may simply not want to take a chance he isn't, but making the decision because the PC version story is ahead of us is a little too metagame for me. I definitely reject the idea that I should pick Nef because the PC players didn't - but that is me wanting to be in-game knowledge directed when I play.

FWIW, I chose to preserve the cure, not because I believe Alad, but because I prefer not to destroy something of value if I can avoid it. If Alad isn't lying and is cured, then he loses some major infested allies and reputation among the Corpus even if he does replace Nef on the board. Unlikely, but a possible upside to supporting Alad.

Arguably, Nef's course of action hurts the Grineer, but the Lotus says we are setting them back when stealing the cure also - so no real advantage to either side. Lastly, Nef annoyed me during False Profit more than Alad during Mutalist. Nef is flat out crazy with his Void talk, making him dangerous. Alad is mostly just power hungry which is much more predictable. I try not to back crazy.