Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Game Crashing , I Cant Take It Anymore.

AlexCrytek

This might help some of you Nvidia users.

I downgraded the graphics card drivers to 314.22. I'm still crashing a bit, and I don't even have the option to check DirctX11[it's faded out and uncheked], but the game is much more stable. My system still locks up every once in a while for maybe 3-5 seconds, but FAR less than it was before and the system locks are totally gone.

Also, in the middle of a game with a friend, the game host had to be migrated twice. The second time, my whole level restarted and I was by my lonesome.

I'm going to eventually go back to the updated drivers, but for now, I'm going to do some much longed for playing.

I can't confirm that it's only the NVidia driver which is causing the trouble.

I'm running the latest driver (320.18) currently on all the three systems I mentioned.

Btw. we're using Excalibur (prime) and Loki atm.

Sorry that I don't have any other solution. For me and my girlfriend clearing out chache worked like a charm.

I'm crossing fingers that the next patch will help with your crash problems.

Sup folks. Good news. Got my game running right again. I actually got the fix from another game (World of Tanks) where I was having the exact same problems. Both games are running smoothly now.

I've re-worked it a little to deal with Warframe:

1) Uninstall your currently installed client and delete the remaining game folder and its contents 
2) Download CCleaner from: http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner
3) Install and run the CCleaner;
4) In the CCleaner program, click on 'registry';
5) Near the bottom of the program, click 'scan for issues' and then click 'fix selected issues';
6) While you are still inside the CCleaner software, first, please click on 'cleaner' (upper left hand of application); second, click 'analyze', and then click 'run cleaner'.
**Note: if you are prompted to save a backup of your registry, please click yes.**
7) Re-install Wareframe

Apparently with the update there were registry errors. A fresh install with a absolutely clean registry fixed that all up and I'm running the current drivers for my card.

Hopefully this helps a few people.

Sup folks. Good news. Got my game running right again. I actually got the fix from another game (World of Tanks) where I was having the exact same problems. Both games are running smoothly now.

I've re-worked it a little to deal with Warframe:

1) Uninstall your currently installed client and delete the remaining game folder and its contents 
2) Download CCleaner from: http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner
3) Install and run the CCleaner;
4) In the CCleaner program, click on 'registry';
5) Near the bottom of the program, click 'scan for issues' and then click 'fix selected issues';
6) While you are still inside the CCleaner software, first, please click on 'cleaner' (upper left hand of application); second, click 'analyze', and then click 'run cleaner'.
**Note: if you are prompted to save a backup of your registry, please click yes.**
7) Re-install Wareframe

Apparently with the update there were registry errors. A fresh install with a absolutely clean registry fixed that all up and I'm running the current drivers for my card.

Hopefully this helps a few people.

Went through all of that step by step, doesn't seem to be helping at all, crashing as much as ever. This is so ridiculously frustrating, I'm just going to take a break from this game for like a month, I would gladly pay money for it if I just knew I could actually play.

I'm having severe crashing issues myself. It *seemed* to go away almost entirely with one of the earlier 8.0 hotfixes (unfortunately I don't recall which one), only to come back worse than ever with the most recent hotfixes.

As of today, I've crashed roughly 5 times in about 3 hours of playing, with the only constant being that I was using my frost warframe and dethcube sentinel. I don't believe any of the crashes (today, at least) involved the paris, nor the new engineer frame being in my party at all. The crashes were with various weapon loadouts on various maps from Sedna-kappa to Pluto-Outer Terminus to random alerts. I didn't happen to write down any of the crash numbers other than the very latest one, which happened to be WAR-58239, nor do I necessarily always get a crash dialog box to come up after the fact.

Literally every crash involves a very brief, but entirely random black screen (on both my monitors, not just the one with warframe on it). This never last more than about 3 to 5 seconds, and when my monitors show anything again, warframe is no longer open. I also usually (not always) get a message that my graphical drivers had temporarily stopped or some such. I'm fairly confident it's an issue specifically with warframe, seeing as I have yet to have any noticeable issues in other games, have all my graphical drivers up to date, and have even ran a few tests on my computer hardware (all of which claim to have passed with no issues).

I've tried running warframe both with and without steam, as well as validating warframe's files via steam multiple times, but it really doesn't seem to help out at all.

Any advice/help would be appreciated!

Edited by TheLittleWafflet

Went through all of that step by step, doesn't seem to be helping at all, crashing as much as ever. This is so ridiculously frustrating, I'm just going to take a break from this game for like a month, I would gladly pay money for it if I just knew I could actually play.

Hmmm... try going back to the 314.22 drivers and trying the steps again.

I'll admit, I went backwards graphics wise, and then did the steps. I didn't think it would matter,but that might get better results.

Edited by Raptor_ODonnell

Eh, still crashing, everything is at lowest settings, tried above recommendation. 

WAR-59771 this time instead of the usual 58239, any chance of an ETA on a patch for any of these? There doesn't seem to be any workaround for me to play.

Eh, still crashing, everything is at lowest settings, tried above recommendation. 

WAR-59771 this time instead of the usual 58239, any chance of an ETA on a patch for any of these? There doesn't seem to be any workaround for me to play.

Thank you for the WAR-####. Unfortunately I cannot give an ETA on when you can expect these to be fixed as they are currently being addressed by our programmers.

Both of these crashes appear to involve your GPU. Just to be certain, have you tried installing the latest drivers? Doing so could possibly alleviate the issue until we are able to submit a fix.

I can say that the latest drivers seem to be the problem on my end. After restarting my computer to finally lock in the latest driver update, the game went back to crashing like it did before. I dropped the GPU drivers back down to a previous driver and the game ran smoothly once more.

I can say that the latest drivers seem to be the problem on my end. After restarting my computer to finally lock in the latest driver update, the game went back to crashing like it did before. I dropped the GPU drivers back down to a previous driver and the game ran smoothly once more.

We will be doing some comparisons between driver versions across both GPUs. If this is in fact the appropriate workaround then I suggest others try to do the same. I have noticed some issues with performance when running games using the 320.18 drivers on my home PC so there is a chance that this could be the culprit.

Please let me know if anyone else has the same results.

Thank you for the WAR-####. Unfortunately I cannot give an ETA on when you can expect these to be fixed as they are currently being addressed by our programmers.

Both of these crashes appear to involve your GPU. Just to be certain, have you tried installing the latest drivers? Doing so could possibly alleviate the issue until we are able to submit a fix.

Yes, I do have the latest drivers for my GPU, GTX 660 which is new and works well with my other games. I really appreciate your response though, thank you.

You're a proper good dev for keeping us in the loop, Dmitri.

As for my the plight of my GTX 560 TI and I, the WAR-58239's have come to a complete halt as far as I can tell. The baffling bit is that I didn't actually do anything to achieve this. I do remember switching most graphic options for warframe.exe to their minimum values in the nVidia control panel shortly before but this didn't appear to have an immediate effect.

To anybody in the boat I was with frequent 58239's, try the above if you haven't already and keep this thread posted with your progress.

We will be doing some comparisons between driver versions across both GPUs. If this is in fact the appropriate workaround then I suggest others try to do the same. I have noticed some issues with performance when running games using the 320.18 drivers on my home PC so there is a chance that this could be the culprit.

Please let me know if anyone else has the same results.

GTX 650 Ti, 320.18 drivers, WAR-58239 crash ID. I don't know what kind of ID had my older crashes, but for some reason today after one of those crashes occured, I couldn't play for 5 minutes after restart without the very same crash, so in other words it somehow got Insanely frequent even though I did not change anything today.

(sorry I don't know the code to fix the coloring of the text)

Edited by Aure7

So I've been testing things further and think I may have found my culprit. At first I tried rolling back my graphic drivers pretty far. No tangible results. Then I tried changing my warframe from frost. Still no results. Afterwards, I swapped out my dethcube and, suddenly, I've yet to crash since. Of course I still have the older graphics drivers installed currently, so that may or may not have a part in it, Either way it seems that having dethcube equipped is definitely a major source of my grief, which is a shame as I rather like the lil guy.

I do note that, now that I think about it, the crashing did seem to get more frequent as I added mods to dethcube's weapon. Perhaps it's somehow related to deathcube acquiring kills?

Edited by TheLittleWafflet

I have some friend who just started playing on the lan today.  The game of one always crashes when he uses his melee attack,so he couldn't finish tutorial and skipped it but as long as he doesn't melee it works fine. And one else also has crash problems, but isn't sure if it was related to melee attack, but he thinks it was also the last action he performed, but he doesn't want to start the game anymore(was too frustrated). The funny thing is we tried to play with my account on his pc and it worked fine, melee,guns and skills everything worked perfectly normal. So I think maybe it is the Skana or some other issue on an new account. Hope it helps ;) .

Edited by rustymo