The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Shadow: Character Model By Rag Premji

ragmanrag

On 2016-04-26 at 0:49 AM, Coverop said:

Like someone else in the thread said... If this won't be a new Frame... let it be Ash Deluxe Skin.

Purchase guaranteed! (I'm very picky about cosmetics)

Thanks for looking, more updates to come soon!

Rag!

we need more warframes like this especially for the male warframes. They consist of too many gimmicks for males (atlas shoulders,wukongs energy braids,etc) while female warframes have too much clutter or modelling goop done to them ie. zephyr. More warframes like the original designers excalibur and volt simplistic but unique. I hope you have more projects that you have in mind for warframe because we need more of these great works.

On 2016-04-29 at 10:21 AM, Nightange1 said:

we need more warframes like this especially for the male warframes. They consist of too many gimmicks for males (atlas shoulders,wukongs energy braids,etc) while female warframes have too much clutter or modelling goop done to them ie. zephyr. More warframes like the original designers excalibur and volt simplistic but unique. I hope you have more projects that you have in mind for warframe because we need more of these great works.

Thanks for looking!

Rag!

Hi All!

Just a quick update showing my progress on making the legs, more to come soon!

Thanks for looking!

Rag.

warframe_ninja_ragp_web_pass_01_05_16_2.

Edited by ragmanrag
switching from png to jpeg, so the page loads faster

On 2016-05-04 at 0:14 PM, GTX49 said:

This somehow reminds me of the Xenomorph(Alien) .. I wonder if u were inspired by it

Hi There!

The Xenomorph Alien is an awesome design, my character has for sure been inspired by a lot of great designs of alien/sci-fi creatures!

More updates to come!

Rag!

On 2016-05-06 at 0:26 PM, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

thanks rag , i wouldnt know were to begin <_< ...>_>;

still love the detail and dedication you show in every aspect of your work , real inspiration 

Bakemonogatari-KarenAraragiGif.gif

Hi there! Thanks for the kind comment, my advice if you are interested in creating art work like this is to start drawing/painting, build foundation skills, and try out different tools and techniques to help you achieve the look you want, give it a shot!!!

Have a great day!

Awesome concept and you executed it very well ^^ A jungle-themed stealthy warframe would be really cool, or even as a reskin for ash, especially with darker-themed generation of frames coming out starting with excal.

Just some questions:

Are his feet modeled after ninja footwear? Those don't have heels because that will impede movement (a lot of it depends on being able to glide across the surface of the floor) and create more sound. 

Not sure what your stance on claws is, but as far as spikiness goes they would certainly make it more spiky and jungle-like. 

2 hours ago, Shadowyazoo said:

Awesome concept and you executed it very well ^^ A jungle-themed stealthy warframe would be really cool, or even as a reskin for ash, especially with darker-themed generation of frames coming out starting with excal.

Just some questions:

Are his feet modeled after ninja footwear? Those don't have heels because that will impede movement (a lot of it depends on being able to glide across the surface of the floor) and create more sound. 

Not sure what your stance on claws is, but as far as spikiness goes they would certainly make it more spiky and jungle-like. 

Hi there!

Regarding his feet, I was mainly going for something that looked cool and sci-fi like, similar to Raiden's cyborg suit from metal gear solid 4. I always thought this Warframe to be something threatening, one of the main inspirations were poisonous plants that grow in jungle areas most of those have spikes and are brightly colored so I incorporated those ideas into my design.

Thanks for looking and have a great day!

Rag.

On June 7, 2015 at 2:00 PM, ragmanrag said:

<<<<<<LATEST POST>>>>>>

More work in progress images can be found by clicking through this thread, Thanks!

warframe_ninja_ragp_web_pass_21_05_16_1.

Hi All,

I'm a big fan of Warframe and its art style and was inspired to create my own version. This character originally started as a concept sculpt that i decided to take further to completion, developing on the idea of organic armor.

I will add more updates soon!

Have a great day!

Rag.

warframe_ninja_renders_WIP_close_p8.png

warframe_ninja_renders_WIP_p8.png

warframe_ninja_ragp_web_pass1.png

warframe_ninja_ragp_web_pass2.png

warframe_ninja_ragp_web_pass3.png

This is PHENOMENAL work, the design is my opinon vastly superior to 95% of preexisting warframe models and I would purchase this concept with platinum nearly instantiously upon release.  

On June 12, 2015 at 9:18 PM, HandsOfnArtist said:

This is really good work! But if really want to make it feel like a Warframe you have to push the silhouette value more. Right now his silhouette is very basic and too similar to Excalibur. Exaggerate his anatomy more, otherwise you have the look and detail level spot on.

I rather dislike the grotesquerie of most physical attributes which plague the majority of warframe variants (atlas being a bitter example). I think more moderate and balanced designs are inorder... This shadow concept would be a great start. 

Too many side show freak frames running around as it is.  

1 minute ago, (XB1)EntropysAcolyte said:

I rather dislike the grotesquerie of most physical attributes which plague the majority of warframe variants (atlas being a bitter example). I think more moderate and balanced designs are inorder... This shadow concept would be a great start. 

Too many side show freak frames running around as it is.  

Well if you think about what warframes are (if you have not yet played your quests, do so) their designs kind of make a lot of sense. Not to mention it's warframe's distinct design as a whole as a game. If you take that away it starts to become bland. Every warframe has "that thing" about them that makes them feel very 'warframe'.

11 minutes ago, Stratego89 said:

Well if you think about what warframes are (if you have not yet played your quests, do so) their designs kind of make a lot of sense. Not to mention it's warframe's distinct design as a whole as a game. If you take that away it starts to become bland. Every warframe has "that thing" about them that makes them feel very 'warframe'.

A few exceptions to the carney trend do not threaten the overall art style of the game. Artistic innovations/ expansions can widen appeal to the consumer base without infringing on visual dogma. Furthermore humans are hardwired to appreciate symmetry and well proportioned forms... I think the massively postive reception of this design suggests that no exaggerations are warranted. The concept is brilliant and if implemented needn't be altered in the least.