Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slash Damage And Ripping Enemies Off

Fedaykyn

Question

9 answers to this question

Dismemberment has about the same chance as status. If you proc slash on your final hit, it will get cut in half on death.

It does seem to have a slightly lower chance if they're already a corpse, but if you use a high-status slash-based weapon (like Braton Prime), you can pretty easily make all the Nekros-bait you want.

Edited by MrBubbleSS

Physical damage procs is determined by enemy weaknesses and resistances,

Enemies which are weak to slashing damage are easier to bleed, while enemies which are weak to puncture damage will endure that status more often.

Enemies which are resistant to bleeding will be more resistant to it, etc.

Aside from that, I believe the rate of specific status triggering is based on the percentage of damage. Ie. If 50% damage of your damage is slashing, then if the weapon inflicts a status, there would be a 50% chance of a bleeding status.

Even so, if you want to focus on bleed builds, increase the weapon's base damage as much as possible. The damage bleed inflicts is based on the weapons total damage, not just the slashing damage.

For more information, check here: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0

For information on Slash/Bleeding, check here: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0/Slash_Damage

Edited by DBugII

Just to make sure, slash damage proc is a bleed, not dismemberment.

Although I am not sure how dismember rules apply ... They are separate to bleed proc and seem to me to depend on amount of overkill damage.

Edited by PingoBlack

I know the proc is bleed, I'm not sure how the dismemberment is applied.

I use the Dragon Nikana and it is really common for it to happen. My suspicion is it is based on the amount of overkill damage, since Nikanas are rather on the slow side with large damage per swing.

Also seems to be more common on opponents struck with low (original or remaining) health.

Slashing damage can cut/dismember enemies upon death or postmortem, regardless of the weapon.

Yep. I've cut enemies in half using a primarily puncture based weapon, but it's less likely to happen.

The higher the percentage of slashing damage compared to Impact or Puncture, the more likely the weapon is to dismember or bisect an enemy. The devs have directly stated so in Dev Streams. So if you want to chop enemies up, take a weapon that does almost all of it's base damage as slashing.

Dismemberment has about the same chance as status. If you proc slash on your final hit, it will get cut in half on death.

It does seem to have a slightly lower chance if they're already a corpse, but if you use a high-status slash-based weapon (like Braton Prime), you can pretty easily make all the Nekros-bait you want.

Thanks!