The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Please Answer Us! Will You Buff Any Contents Inside The Founder Pack?

tripletriple

I am not for or against the buff I have not lobbied either side my post have only been my personal opinion or an explanation as to why people would feel like a change will be an issue.  The only other post I have put out were to give options I was certainly not fighting for them its up to you whether you agree with them or not. I am fine if people do not like my ideas as I am not trying to force them only trying to find a solution which resonates best with the community.

and this is the attitude we get back

why would giving excal prime a tiny bit more armor be insane? the only advantage you'd have would be in low level games cause anything higher leveled than that and enemies shread you a new one regardless of if you have 60 armor or 200 armor.

i got the perfect thing. instead of the proto skin, we give them a baby onesie with the stats they want. we get our buff and a good laugh  :D lol jk

How many comments have passed asking for Excalibur Prime to be a skin? Same thing.

It's not the same, all prime frames are frames, not skins, why should ex p be skin?Also mr points that are already applied.

Edited by Altey

It's not the same, all prime frames are frames, not skins, why should ex p be skin?Also mr points that are already applied.

YOu could say that the Proto skin has the buffs because of its legacy or something like that. Or the arcane enhancement thing someone above mentioned.

Then proto should stack with ex p buff.

No... Excal Proto armor was made by... Uh Russians Europeans in an alternate universe quite close to ours today. The Orokin Excalibur Prime would undoubtedly be incompatible to the buffs from Proto Excal. Which is likely why buffs from the proto skin only apply to standard frame, and not Excal Prime.

Edited by Prometheium

No... Excal Proto armor was made by... Uh Russians Europeans in an alternate universe quite close to ours today. The Orokin Excalibur Prime would undoubtedly be incompatible to the buffs from Proto Excal. Which is likely why buffs from the proto skin only applying to standard frame, and not Excal Prime.

You can use proto skin on ex p, so why it shoud't give buff?

You can use proto skin on ex p, so why it shoud't give buff?

Because it would make sense that stone age technology wouldn't fit inside a USB drive right?

Orokin Technology is very very far from when the Excal Proto armor was made. Excal Proto armor was featured in Dark Sectors. Warframe takes place centuries after.

Edited by Prometheium

Because it would make sense that stone age technology wouldn't fit inside a USB drive right?

Orokin Technology is very very far from when the Excal Proto armor was made. Excal Proto armor was featured in Dark Sectors. Warframe takes place centuries after.

Still, if it can be used on ex p it should give buffs.

Edited by Altey

Still, if it can be used on ex p it should give buffs.

No it shouldn't. The idea was that Excal Proto is able to give buffs to standard Excal Frame, because the technology or one aspect of the suit's functions is similar. What makes the buff incompatible to the Prime version is that the Orokin built frames differently, and the method they used was lost with them. Without knowing how the Prime suit was built, they cannot apply the Proto armor's buff.

Also a lore-friendly reason to add a buff to Excal Prime, and a lesser buff from the Prime version to the Standard version.

Edited by Prometheium

I am not for or against the buff I have not lobbied either side my post have only been my personal opinion or an explanation as to why people would feel like a change will be an issue.  The only other post I have put out were to give options I was certainly not fighting for them its up to you whether you agree with them or not. I am fine if people do not like my ideas as I am not trying to force them only trying to find a solution which resonates best with the community.

and this is the attitude we get back

you obviously cannot tell when someone is joking, 

No it shouldn't. The idea was that Excal Proto is able to give buffs to standard Excal Frame, because the technology or one aspect of the suit's functions is similar. What makes the buff incompatible to the Prime version is that the Orokin built frames differently, and the method they used was lost with them. Without knowing how the Prime suit was built, they cannot apply the Proto armor's buff.

Also a lore-friendly reason to add a buff to Excal Prime, and a lesser buff from the Prime version to the Standard version.

that makes absolutely no sense since excal prime was made before regular excal was. so if the orokin weren't able to make proto and prime compatible, how would the tenno be able to do that?

that makes absolutely no sense since excal prime was made before regular excal was. so if the orokin weren't able to make proto and prime compatible, how would the tenno be able to do that?

No, Orokin made Prime warframes. After their downfall, Tenno tried but couldn't create prime frames because the method to do so was lost. They are only able to make the standard frames you see today.

Prime Warframes are made differently than Standard Warframes. The Prime Warframe incorporates better technology. For example much like today. Rather than wear metal plates all around our body, we Kevlar instead, which can do the same thing but more effectively. Now, the Standard Frames utilize a technology similar to the proto armor used by Tenno Hayden, which makes the buff compatible with the standard frame. The proto armor buff probably was compatible with the Prime version, but we have no idea how because any secrets of making Prime frames was lost.

Edited by Prometheium

No, Orokin made Prime warframes. After their downfall, Tenno tried but couldn't create prime frames because the method to do so was lost. They are only able to make the standard frames you see today.

Prime Warframes are made differently than Standard Warframes.

that's true, but it makes no sense how a centuries old piece of technology is compatible with one made AFTER the orokin. it would make sense if the lore was something akin to the skin is a tribute to Hayden tenno, yada yada yada, you are granted his powers. coincidentally finding ancient tech and it somehow can work with new tech is just lazy

that's true, but it makes no sense how a centuries old piece of technology is compatible with one made AFTER the orokin. it would make sense if the lore was something akin to the skin is a tribute to Hayden tenno, yada yada yada, you are granted his powers. coincidentally finding ancient tech and it somehow can work with new tech is just lazy

Prime Warframes are made differently than Standard Warframes. The Prime Warframe incorporates better technology. For example much like today. Rather than wear metal plates all around our body, we Kevlar instead, which can do the same thing but more effectively. Now, the Standard Frames utilize a technology similar to the proto armor used by Tenno Hayden, which makes the buff compatible with the standard frame. The proto armor buff probably was compatible with the Prime version, but we have no idea how because any secrets of making Prime frames was lost.

Hayden's suit wasn't all that advanced. what you're saying pretty much is our current frames are using crap, dated technology so that it's compatible with proto armor? like i said it would make more sense for it to be a tribute to hayden tenno, where they recreated his suit and gave it some form of upgrade. 

Hayden's suit wasn't all that advanced. what you're saying pretty much is our current frames are using crap, dated technology so that it's compatible with proto armor? like i said it would make more sense for it to be a tribute to hayden tenno, where they recreated his suit and gave it some form of upgrade. 

I wasn't saying that our technology in the Warframes was entirely the same as Hayden's Suit. I mentioned one aspect being similar.

Well lordofscrugging its very hard to tell as emotions are running very high with some forum members, who tend to get very defensive any time an opinion is mentioned they do not like. For example TheBrsrkr calling me a whiners. when face with a statement that people might not like a solution in which content was still unavailable to players (not referring to myself just how the player base might react) . I know that facts might make this person nervous so it is hard to tell what is a joke at this point.

I hope this explains to you why it maybe difficult to tell when people talking about this subject are joking. But that statement made in the context of this thread seems to say quite clear that "if you do not like what I am saying you are a baby". not a very good way to get people around to your way of thinking. 

why would our current tech be similar to ancient tech is what i'm getting at

This issue of ancient tech is similar to Damascus Steel. Though ancient, it uses carbon nano-tubes & nanowires to strengthen the metal. Similarly, Excal Proto armor could have used orokin-era technology (centuries ahead of its time), yet still remain simple to be compatible with standard frames.

Edited by Prometheium

The issue with Primes and bonus stats goes well beyond Excalibur and two crappy weapons (they are crappy, they need help, badly. Not to mention the "starter" excuse is just sad).

Honestly, considering the horrendous job done when it comes to Prime frames and their "bonus" stats, I'm more and more in favor of zero buff to any and all Prime frames, Excalibur included, making them just cosmetic "upgrades". I mean come on, The total lack of logic and fairness in the way these bonus stats are attributed only shows the devs are heavily biased towards community "favourites", or more likely the frame/bonus combinations that will yield the most cash. Don't get me wrong, it's a business, they need the income, but the way it's been handled is just horrible. Between Nova and Volt getting much bigger and actually useful bonus stats, while the older Primes are still hoping that someday they just might get even scraps, and those that got completely nonsensical (to put it midly...) stuff (35 armor for Nyx Prime? Really? Did she kill a dev's family or something?), I'm not sure keeping this up is a good idea. Might as well take it all away, cleaning up the whole mess in the process.

I don't know who is in charge of this aspect of the game, and HOW they can justify (or even think they ever could) such unfair, nonsensical and unequal repartition of bonus stats between Primed frames, but might as well stop it altogether since it seems it's not even remotely close to even being aknowledged by the devs, which means it probably never will be looked at. As I have said before, WE, the players, should be the ones to choose. That way no one would feel "cheated", everyone would win. These bonus stats should be like "parts" that we can tune to fit our frames and playstyles, not be randomly decided (seriously, whoever has to be using dice to choose...).

Sorry if this post appears aggressive or offensive, really not the intention, I'm just typing this after almost 3 days without any sleep, I'm a bit irritable at the moment... Probably should edit after I get some shut-eye...