The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Clan Weapons Are Sh!**t

TopSpeed

They never needed to be "good."  They were quirky, exotic weapons that most people didn't appreciate (not enough deeps) but some people loved.  They were and still are perfectly viable when all mod slots are utilized.

So, basically the most expensive and time-consuming weapons in the game (Supra or Embolist, for example) shouldn't perform better than market weapons that don't even require rank to own? Nice logic. 

So, basically the most expensive and time-consuming weapons in the game (Supra or Embolist, for example) shouldn't perform better than market weapons that don't even require rank to own? Nice logic. 

No weapon should be overpowered based on how annoying it is to obtain.  Weapons also shouldn't be as overpowered as they tend to be in the post-BoltorPrime times we live in.  Things just balooned out of control and now everyone demands massive overkill on every weapon.  They don't even give older weapons a chance and relentlessly ask for buffs for everything.  Making something like Supra or Grakata or Embolist (which I find to be a fine weapon, ammo economy notwithstanding) work is much more engaging and rewarding in the end than facerolling the whole game with Amprex or Boltor prime.  

I don't think any of the clan tech weapons are trash, some like the Supra might underperform, but are still useful in the right situations and with the right mods. Most of the clantech weapons are actually quite good, better than most of the store bought weapons. I just feel that its best not to compare the entire category of weapons to a few underwhelming individual weapons.