Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Braton Prime Good?

9tailboy

Question

ftdici.jpg

Status only way to fly with this gun.  Raw damage will always fall off higher up in the end game content.

The above is my grineer build. (I swap HC from L7 to Maxed often, personal preference)

People for some dumb reason pile in 7 forma into weapons that only need 4 or 5 just to say they 7 forma'd something. 

Never understood that as it makes zero sense.  Always build weapons around their strengths, that's common sense.

SomaP = build towards crit and raw damage

BratonP = Status

BoarP = Status

Tiberon= Raw damage only

etc etc

Edited by shinebox

Ohh yeah! It is my primary in terms of rifles, just because I consider bows to be different. If I'm not leveling a weapon I'm using my Braton or Dread. I've forma'd my Braton twice but unlike some of the things I saw above I do things a bit different. Of course I put serration on it, but I also upgraded the clip size, fire rate, and reload speed. In my opinion I prefer to be able to put out a constant barrage of bullets even if they're a little less pain full. If its non stop the enemy has no chance to attack. Either way would work just fine though. 

Ohh yeah! It is my primary in terms of rifles, just because I consider bows to be different. If I'm not leveling a weapon I'm using my Braton or Dread. I've forma'd my Braton twice but unlike some of the things I saw above I do things a bit different. Of course I put serration on it, but I also upgraded the clip size, fire rate, and reload speed. In my opinion I prefer to be able to put out a constant barrage of bullets even if they're a little less pain full. If its non stop the enemy has no chance to attack. Either way would work just fine though. 

How often do you find yourself looking for ammo drops?

Braton Prime

Pros:

- Good damage type (slash)

- Very cool model 

- Very high status chance for an auto weapon

- Medium-high damage

- Decent accuracy

Cons:

- Ammo eater

- Lower max ammo than a typical rifle

- Slash dmg is ineffective against armor

Its not as bad as the soma when it comes to eating ammo. I only find issues with it if i put fire rate on it. Otherwise I think its pretty good on it.

People for some dumb reason pile in 7 forma into weapons that only need 4 or 5 just to say they 7 forma'd something. 

Never understood that as it makes zero sense.  Always build weapons around their strengths, that's common sense.

Not dumb. It makes as much sense as you fitting 3-4 formae into a build to fit your needs, people fit 6-7 formae into their build to fit their needs. It's not a rep/status thing. I have a 7 formae Braton build because I want to fit in all my mods which I find useful.

Ayyyyeeee on that note

Any update on whether or not we can expect an update for the art of the model for the braton prime anytime soon?

Can we get its ammo reserve unnerfed and its gold colorable?  Then I'd agree with you ;)  (Yes, yes it is still a strong weapon)

Ayyyyeeee and Lanieu sry I can't give you an answer on that, you might be better served by asking in the weapon/art section of the forum :)

It's like the guile music that goes with everything...

Would look better with PBR :D

Everything looks better with PBR...I even started adding PBR to my morning beauty regimen...I look so much shinier and realistic now

is this self-promotion ? :D

YES go on status if you want to go far more than 30 min SUV or pure damage if you not go beyond 30 min SUV.

lol no, just commenting :P