Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Braton Prime Good?

9tailboy

Question

Status is useless , i know someone will prove me it's important, but i don't see  point in status when u have damage

Status gives you more flexibility in what you want the weapon to do. It can provide CC effects, scaling debuffs (corrosive/viral/mag), AoE damage, and armor ignoring damage. At lower levels these are less important, admittedly, as enemies are not much of a threat and die quickly, but at higher levels the 'secondary effects' of status procs are extremely valuable.

Even at lower levels, sometimes status is preferable. The AoE damage can be pretty effective against groups of enemies. A status setup with Gas/Electric will be able to take out whole groups of Corpus/Infested enemies (and their faithful osprey without having to sight on them) while the straight damage setup is still lining up the shot on the 2nd or 3rd guy.

Edited by Darzk

Status is useless , i know someone will prove me it's important, but i don't see  point in status when u have damage

Well I made a 79 % status Dread and managed to 3 Shot a level 90 Corrupted Bombard in the Simulacrum since the Slash procs make them bleed out like a mother and it ain't slow, it's very fast. Made me rethink Slash based weapons with high status chance. :)

I suppose once you have 7 forma on it you can build it to be a pure damage weapon. Gas Procs are nice versus Infested with its AOE damage. Impact Proc is nice when you are spraying into a crowd. I havent really thought of putting that many forma on a weapon. Your dedication is admirable. 

Braton Prime is great, at least when I can resist the temptation to blow everything up with a Penta long enough to use it...

Plus it looks awesome, which is always nice :)

Ayyyyeeee on that note

Any update on whether or not we can expect an update for the art of the model for the braton prime anytime soon?

It is a great weapon, that finally got the buff that deserved. If you do like the assault rifle type of weapons give it a go, but in order to make it good you need to invest around 6-7 formas.

The only thing that I do not like that much are looks and pew-pew prime sounds. I'm hoping for another release of Braton variant ( Dex,Wraith? ), but that's more of a personal I guess.

Edited by Ognj

Status makes use of that viral radiation build you got there.

With dual stat elements, you'll place slash procs with stacking bleed damage, halve health of the thing youre shooting, then plant a chaos effect on a single target so it shoots other things while it bleeds to death.

I was able to kill level 100 bursas with 3 dual stat mods, quicker than quad 90% mods, so higher damage isnt always better. Its situational.

Braton Prime is good, and can be used as utility tool for more loot. Slash proc cuts enemies in half, and if you have Desecrator with you, that means more loot in general.

Damage is decent and i would score it 8/10 ( if Boltor Prime is 10/10 ).