Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

Black Is Grey?!

Gnude

i am not entirely sure that this is a bug but i give it a shot. i just want black to be black and not grey, stonewashed or with cocoa butter.

here some examples.

jnvftok3.jpg

jvvh89js.jpg

84ltz6lt.jpg

prbpc6u4.jpg

ea64acdj.jpg

there are much more but that should be enough for the start.

anybody tried using colour correction+ legacy colours and looking at PBR'd Materials?

i did... all possible combinations. best example how legacy should work is the amprex... with legacy black, without silver. if you want to see how legacy doesn´t work give sybaris a try.

The problem is that it IS black, but you're getting so much reflected light from the simulated material that it looks greyish, lighter than it really is. Making some of these textures pure black would require removing the PBR. It would also remove most of the beautiful, lovingly created detail. I hardly use black anymore if you couldn't guess.

In all seriousness, it IS black, and you don't have to use that color if you don't like the way it looks. =P

so it is black and my eyes are sort of broken... right... i see... and i pay plat for fun because i don´t want to use the colors anyway... correct...

pbr just doesn´t harmonizes with the most other materials/surfaces

lets try it with red...

wxymdjdg.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

So, firstly, don't get so butthurt. I simply told you why it wasn't pure black.

Secondly; No, I did not say your eyes were broken. I said that the material is giving off a lot of reflected light, and that makes it look less like pure, solid black.

Thirdly, no one made you pay plat. If you didn't like it, why'd you buy it? Again, don't like it? Don't use it. Simple.

As for PBR/Colors, A way to make the colors a little more prominent would definitely be a good thing (Unless prominent becomes blinding, and I'm looking at that prisma skin with nothing but the most vivid pinks/yellows/whites. Jeez, that's bright.)

actually i bought the smoke palette before pbr got into the game and i get butthurt when someone tries to defend simply bad designs. this half old half mat pbr looks simply awful with black and red. oh... and i prefer to point with the finger at things instead of take things as given or simply give up on black like you.

uhm... and no comment on the prism skin. i didn´t waste plat on that.