Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Witcher 3 Vs Bloodborne?

-Mandachordian-Tenno-

Witcher 3, clean animations, large open world, more realistic combat. This wasn't even a contest, this was like bringing lambs to the slaughter.

Also you cant really compare the other two as they haven't launched.

Edited by (PS4)Pharen

Witcher 3, clean animations, large open world, more realistic combat. This wasn't even a contest, this was like bringing lambs to the slaughter.

Also you cant really compare the other two as they haven't launched.

For you, maybe. Different people have different tastes. I'd still say Witcher 3, because CD Projekt Red probably isn't going to release The Witcher 3: The Complete Game We Promised You Last Year, This Year. 

For you, maybe. Different people have different tastes. I'd still say Witcher 3, because CD Projekt Red probably isn't going to release The Witcher 3: The Complete Game We Promised You Last Year, This Year. 

It's not so much about tastes but a difference in sheer quality.

It's not so much about tastes but a difference in sheer quality.

Again, subjective. I found The Witcher 2's combat - however much more "realistic" it was than Dark Souls' - completely unbearable until I tried it with a computer controller, derp. People might also not appreciate the narrative, the open-world nature, or other aspects of the game. Is Witcher 3 more bang for your buck? (Literally and figuratively, amirite?) Probably. Does that mean everyone will like it? No. 

Edited by DiabolusUrsus

They're completely different games, with completely different storytelling methods, and completely different combat systems. It's not fair to compare them objectively except along a basis of "they're both Dark Fantasy RPGs." And even that's subjective. You like one or the other or both or neither because they attempt to do almost completely different things. From games typically revel in their ability to generate interesting discourses among their playerbases based on min/maxing and fighting bosses or getting through tough areas, while the Witcher series tends to focus more on interesting narrative choices and moral decisions.

Personally, I find the Witcher's world and themes to be more interesting than what the From games have to offer, for the most part. But that's the extent of my comparison.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

IMO, GTAV is really good, had a very nice experience with it, but online it may be better even :)

GTA V is a bad PC port, with seriously f-ed up controls and multiplayer is god awful, especially under the hood.

Out of both, I'd take Witcher 3, man, I never thought this game would be that good.

bad pc port ?

with f*cked up controller mapping ?

dunno how you did played it but as a keyboard+mouse user, i totally/clearly enjoyed it

the only negative point i've noticed was about the user's sound/music making some very few hitches/lags

bad pc port ?

with f*cked up controller mapping ?

dunno how you did played it but as a keyboard+mouse user, i totally/clearly enjoyed it

the only negative point i've noticed was about the user's sound/music making some very few hitches/lags

GTA V is clearly a console game, despite all the lies about it "not being a console port" and whatnot, which can be easily seen when looking at e.g. controls options (which are lacking) or raw input which was, and it still is, broken. There are some tooltips telling the player about vibrating keyboard...

Issues like sensitivity tied to framerate, general unresponsiveness and clunky feeling to gunplay, and that's not even caused by it being driven mostly by Euphoria physics (as save for acceleration, GTA IV had no issue like this, except for the game ignoring some really minute aim adjustments).

Controller support in GTA V is done much better and is much more fleshed out than what PC got.

Such issues (and radio hitches you mentioned) SHOULD NOT be a thing after so much waiting and so claimed "polishing", or these fat asses at R* playtested this game only with X360 gamepad while sitting in their magical test room in front of 50" TV with massive response delay and 30FPS cap.

And MP is mostly infested by script kiddies, or I had insane bad luck because every open lobby I joined had at least one of these little buggers.

I've played like 100 hours total, got ~95% progress in solo mode and achieved lv25 or so in MP, I'm not going back there, not anytime soon.

Edited by Mofixil

GTA V is clearly a console game, despite all the lies about it "not being a console port" and whatnot, which can be easily seen when looking at e.g. controls options (which are lacking) or raw input which was, and it still is, broken. There are some tooltips telling the player about vibrating keyboard...

Issues like sensitivity tied to framerate, general unresponsiveness and clunky feeling to gunplay, and that's not even caused by it being driven mostly by Euphoria physics (as save for acceleration, GTA IV had no issue like this, except for the game ignoring some really minute aim adjustments).

Controller support in GTA V is done much better and is much more fleshed out than what PC got.

Such issues (and radio hitches you mentioned) SHOULD NOT be a thing after so much waiting and so claimed "polishing", or these fat asses at R* playtested this game only with X360 gamepad while sitting in their magical test room in front of 50" TV with massive response delay and 30FPS cap.

And MP is mostly infested by script kiddies, or I had insane bad luck because every open lobby I joined had at least one of these little buggers.

I've played like 100 hours total, got ~95% progress in solo mode and achieved lv25 or so in MP, I'm not going back there, not anytime soon.

sad but understandable and not fake points

as i've played GTAIV as well, i feel much better / confortable with the V ...cannot tell why