Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helios Scanning For Simaris

Viqualy

is it a possibility that helios will be able to scan for simaris? like an extra precept or sentinel augment mod, but it could only scan for 1 thing, codex or simaris not both. removing that precept would go back to scanning normally.

this would only make sense since we have the simaris helios skin

what's your thought on this?

i only meant normal enemies not synthesis targets

Edited by Viqualy

I think there should be a way to allow Helios to do scanning of synthesis target, but it should still require some input from the user. Like, to keep it from just making people lazy, the target would do its usual tricks to try to run away when scanned, and keep from holding still for Helios, it would also try to target the sentinel because it is trying to scan him -- it would make Helios pull aggro. 

Then, you would have to use your CC abilities/Kinetic Siphon Traps to keep the target in place long enough for Helios to get it scanned and ensure your Helios stays alive in the process. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

Standing around scanning takes skill?

Unless I'm going solo with Loki on a mission, I've never been in a squad that can stand still and scan a synthesis target. Especially having to scan four separate small points on a moving target.

Than again it isn't easy scanning at all when I'm sitting in a recliner with my mouse on the arm of the chair....

But in any event, you're proving my point. Having these augments for Helios would just mean you could stand around and do nothing.

Edited by PriZms

Another post wanting to remove skill from the game.... ffs

Helios is not the very best scanner per se, it scans are slow and have a chance to waste your scanner charge, so it actually takes skill to point it on target and resist urge to kill it before scan is complete

By the way, have you tried to scan Grineer latcher mine?

Edited by d3me

Helios is not the very best scanner per se, it scans are slow and have a chance to waste your scanner charge, so it actually takes skill to point it on target and resist urge to kill it before scan is complete

That's just patience. Don't confuse the two.

• 3 months later...

I know this is a ridiculously old thread but I had to say something, allowing Helios to do Sim scans would take more work than holding down the fire button when using Mesa's Peacemaker. So to everyone pulling the"it would make getting scans to easy " card think about which is more"game ruining" holding down fire for 100 waves of defense with peacemaker or getting Sim scans with Helios. Just My. 02 Thought it was ridiculous that people are using laziness and not enough work to counter argue allowing a Sentinal who's main function is to do scans, actually do scans for Sim. And not only for ,excuse me while I laugh, codex completion....SMH

• Like 1