Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lex Model...

Zarrii

So, its a great gun and its powerful. But it looks kind of like a USP. Who else thinks that it should have a big, meaty handcannon look to it like the Kraken does?

Bladerunner anyone?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/toybotstudios/6916432064/

or...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/36201/1031265-matebaautorevolver6in.jpg

or... 

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSjvFKMDhCAp3qdu8hV6ptnRTpKjeHMTEnMhvH34A8Wljo9rfR3

Discuss!

First picture resembles the Lato very much, the 2nd I would take over the current Lex design...right now it looks like a smaller/slicker version of what a Desert Eagle would look like...As long as it didn't have the obvious revolver look to it, it'd be interesting to see. The Kraken is only "big" due to it being from "grinner design".

I think it's amusing that you used the word "meaty" when describing how you wanted a bigger gun.

Sorry, carry on.

8D

Also, anything bigger and "meatier" would be just so much cooler looking!

A shattered wrist?

Given how much the gun recoils when fired (in a warframe, something that allows you to hip-fire a gorgon) and how loud it is, I'd expect that the LEX is indeed firing extremely huge rounds not meant for normal weapons. The Latron does a base damage of 40 and is aside from the Snipetron, one of the most powerful-per-bullet weapons in the game (paris is a bow, so not counting that). The LEX is halfway in power for the Latron (40 base damage) and the Snipetron (100 base damage) and is a freaking sidearm. So yes, it's definitely shooting something that would rip a normal person's head clean off.

All good suggestions! Though I think most people what the Lex to stay away from the Revolver design. Big and powerful looking is the right idea though.

Pfft, we're talking a super powerful handgun. This is much more fitting:

6znaza.jpg

The only difference really is .010 and the ability to load an .50 cal round into it...still just as devastating as a 500 magnum, and with only 3 rounds compared to 6, I'll still go with a 500 magnum. That .010 will grant the same effect on the intended target, which basically will have a BIG hole going through it (: Would be great to take out some chargers with it, or you know, ANYTHING >:D but if we were gonna go up to .50 cal rounds, I'd rather have a MG firing a large amount rather than a sidearm, great to have 2 MGs, well LMG and HMG.

Edited by OrtuOcelot

I loathe when games make revolvers with variable mag sizes. Nothing irks me about game design quite like like seeing a six round cylinder and a seven round capacity.

But I agree the gun doesn't do it's capabilities justice.

At very least the current model should just be bigger.

How bout something along this line?

http://bigmohunter.wikispaces.com/file/view/Jackal.jpg/122907879/Jackal.jpg

Has magazines, so it'll "fit" with ammo cap mods, its beefy enough, and large enough to really show how it's in the middle of the Latron and snipetron.

A revolver would be just fine. Give it a six-cylinder skin and bam, you're perfect. Only idiots use Slip Magazine on LEX anyway, you get at best 2 extra shots out of it for a very high cost, making it pointless. Quickdraw and Gunslinger are better anyway since you can pump out even more damage than a mere 2 extra bullets would allow.