Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is That...yin-Yang Warframe?

Cipherid

And that's true, but it's hard for me to imagine "passive destruction" without it being a lot of not-fun AoE abilities. Personally, it's a lot more understandable to picture a Yang side of the frame as being "really active, moving around, using abilities to do damage on the fly" while Yin is "stay stationary, don't move a lot, use channeled abilities from there to provide support to others".

There are multiple interpretations that could be pulled from this... Though this discussion got me fearing DE might be in for a S#&$storm come the reveal.

We already have a lot of hit-and-run AoE warframes and a lot of slow moving defensive frames. It would be interesting to see a really big damage warframe that pays for its destructive power by being slow and having a utility/defense frame that is very nimble. Besides there are plenty of Syndicate weapons and mods which add very powerful AoE effects to certain weapons.

It also has a lot to do with perspective too.

Like from our perspective the whole universe has no order and is all in chaos, however you zoom out more and see a larger picture you will see that it is in order, zoom out even further and you will see that it's in chaos, zoom out more and it's in order, it's like a endless pattern, chaos within order, within chaos and with order over and over again.

And so it goes on. DE has their work cut out for them.

Edited by (PS4)Redemption_015

We already have a lot of hit-and-run AoE warframes and a lot of slow moving defensive frames. It would be interesting to see a really big damage warframe that compensates by being slow and having a utility/defense frame that is very nimble. Besides there are plenty of Syndicate weapons and mods which add very powerful AoE effects to certain weapons.

And so it goes on. DE has their work cut out for them.

And that's a fair enough point. I'll be happy with whatever we get, I just have my own interpretation in the mean time.

And that's a fair enough point. I'll be happy with whatever we get, I just have my own interpretation in the mean time.

I did not mean to insult your interpretation if that is what you mean. Having more fast paced Destruction frames is always a bonus for fun in the game. If Yang was destruction based and fast then that would be awesome as well. 

But don't forget at least on thing is confirmed; you can switch between them during missions, presumably the fourth power of this frame. Yang runs straight into a group of enemies with his shield up, then changes into Yin and blows everything sky-high.

Edited by (PS4)Redemption_015

I did not mean to insult your interpretation if that is what you mean. Having more fast paced Destruction frames is always a bonus for fun in the game. If Yang was destruction based and fast then that would be awesome as well. 

But don't forget at least on thing is confirmed; you can switch between them during missions, presumably the fourth power of this frame. Yang runs starts into a group of enemies with his shield up, then changes into Yin and blows everything sky-high.

No insult taken. I wasn't horribly aware of the "chaos-order" paradigm at the start of this, and it is something to consider. I stick with my view on the matter, though - potentially because of the fast-frame bias the current meta sort of breeds.

I personally hope for it to be the 1st power of the frame with a low energy cost, encouraging players to switch frequently between them and make use of all six of the abilities between them.

No insult taken. I wasn't horribly aware of the "chaos-order" paradigm at the start of this, and it is something to consider. I stick with my view on the matter, though - potentially because of the fast-frame bias the current meta sort of breeds.

I personally hope for it to be the 1st power of the frame with a low energy cost, encouraging players to switch frequently between them and make use of all six of the abilities between them.

Well, we will see what DE does with both the gender and powers of this very nice looking new Warframe. I can't wait for the teaser.

Well, we will see what DE does with both the gender and powers of this very nice looking new Warframe. I can't wait for the teaser.

Well we have some raw model (I think that's what they called them) pics from the Devstream. I think it looks good, but yeah the ability teaser is what I'm interested in.

They haven't officialy given a collective name for the Frame yet have they?

Closest we got is Anima/Animus, but that was also the name used by the guy to originally suggest the concept, so I can't possibly say how accurate it is.

Well we have some raw model (I think that's what they called them) pics from the Devstream. I think it looks good, but yeah the ability teaser is what I'm interested in.

Closest we got is Anima/Animus, but that was also the name used by the guy to originally suggest the concept, so I can't possibly say how accurate it is.

Since DE like using Latin in the game, maybe it could be called Aequalis which means 'Equal'.