Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dash Attack Movement "abuse"

PapaKicks

I like the mobility. It's far more effective for moving from cover to cover than sprinting ever were. Since dodging doesn't help you avoid attacks, nor does wallrunning or backflipping, sprinting only working to some degree, I feel this is the only safe way to move around from cover to cover without taking severe damage. 

Well I've only played for 49 hours so what do I know. 

i dont get the Problem at all .... i can do it with the Gleve also and i think most people who complain just dont have the skill to do it and prefer a itching pinky - that was the reason why i learned it ( and it doesnt matter which finger is itching on the end... ) and use it only to manage long distances.

IMHO switching that off is like Quake without Strafejumping

I really dont get the whining in the Forums all the Time - Nerf Frost - Nerf Trinity - Nerf This - Nerf That - Switch that off - Why ? - Because you make more kills then me !!!!! - Your Warframe is stronger then mine !!!! Because i cant do that with a single Buttonpress !!!!

Its just annoying because its a frickin PVE COOP GAME and yes ... there are people who can have fun with pressing Buttoncombos to get faster - and do tricks - especially with VAUBAN and his jumpmod in combination of this technique (Do that Solo on Gaia).

Edited by FreaKzero

Something is useful ...quick get rid of it.

This is Warframes biggest problem...fun bad...fun bad

When every warframe and weapon are exacltly the same and there is nothing cool left these same people will be posting..."you know what this game needs,a cool way to slide fast". Lol

+1.000.000

here comes the nerfhammer band again!

Some Warframes, especially Rhino, need a little help in the speed department.

I was doing an Infested map the other day, trying to solo it, and... well, okay my weapons aren't the best yet, I'm trying to get their ranks up, etc.

It takes me awhile to kill an Ancient Disruptor. But anyways, the stupid thing can run faster than I do, has a ranged melee attack (lol) that reaches at least 10-15 feet, and...

Dashing and Sliding is the only chance I have to actually get away from the stupid thing before it eats all of my energy and shields. If I had daggers, I'd SO exploit the Dagger Dash now that I know about it, because face it: IT IS MY ONLY DEFENSE AGAINST THESE STUPID OVERPOWERED MOBS.

Toxic Ancients? Same thing. They run faster than me, and they have *Deadly* melee abilities.

And you guys give them so much fricken health that you have to kite them. It is literally the only option I have.

So.... perhaps address movement speed on Warframes and the Mobs alike.

Not really sure why people are complaining about the dagger dash, considering its not the only way of getting around quick (e.g. wallrunning methods can get you about the same results) and besides its just makes people find new ways getting through the levels quicker that they can exploit.

Some Warframes, especially Rhino, need a little help in the speed department.

I was doing an Infested map the other day, trying to solo it, and... well, okay my weapons aren't the best yet, I'm trying to get their ranks up, etc.

It takes me awhile to kill an Ancient Disruptor. But anyways, the stupid thing can run faster than I do, has a ranged melee attack (lol) that reaches at least 10-15 feet, and...

Dashing and Sliding is the only chance I have to actually get away from the stupid thing before it eats all of my energy and shields. If I had daggers, I'd SO exploit the Dagger Dash now that I know about it, because face it: IT IS MY ONLY DEFENSE AGAINST THESE STUPID OVERPOWERED MOBS.

Toxic Ancients? Same thing. They run faster than me, and they have *Deadly* melee abilities.

And you guys give them so much fricken health that you have to kite them. It is literally the only option I have.

So.... perhaps address movement speed on Warframes and the Mobs alike.

1) I wish all frames ran the same speed.

2) There's nothing wrong with Rhino in that situation. You are using the wrong weapons. Some weapons work much better against specific factions than others. Personally I love a strong shotgun against infested. Hit them with the right weapon and ancients get stunned themselves.

The fact that this glitch is so heavily defended means that current movement options are inadequate, generally speaking.

If Rhino could effectively close to melee with regular sprinting/sliding you'd have a lot less defense of "dagger skating". But instead of addressing movement in general in a megathread you focus on the symptom, not the disease, and go "NERF THIS!" and fail to do anything which fixes the underlying problem that slow Warframes are extremely slow and frustrating to use in pub games. It's depressing.

No it means people are lazy as hell. Some people will abuse any glitch to get an advantage no matter how small it is.

No it means people are lazy as hell. Some people will abuse any glitch to get an advantage no matter how small it is.

Basically, this.  Every frame in the game could be as fast as Ash with a maxed out Rush mod.  People still want to go faster.  Like I said, this is a glitch, and an exploit.  If this were any other mmo, most people making heavy use of this would be banned already.

If you have an issue with movement speed, make suggestions on how to better that aspect of the game, don't defend the use of an exploit.

Some ideas to fix movement

1. As MJ12 said the movement speed should be somewhat normalized, allowing slow frames to keep up better.

2. The roll should change into a diving lunge instead of a useless Captain Kirk roll. It would be faster than sprinting but hard to control, since it would be moving in long straight lines. It would be best used to catch-up on straightaways and dive out of gunfire.

3. Dash attacks are limited by warframe speed.

Of course it can affect other ppl, let's say there are 2 fairly new players who don't know this exploit and 2 high mastery players abusing the hell out of it and rolfcoptering over enemy mobs and rushing through the level while laughing their asses off that the beginners get killed by the masses of enemies they left behind and waste revives trying to keep up. Then they roflcopter to extraction and let the timer run while they congratulate themselves that they screwed filthy noobs out of credits and bonus affinity yet again. And considering that it seems to be a favorite past time of a fair number of high mastery players to screw over beginners I'd say it actually affect a decent amount of players.

And zomg how often does it have to be repeated: it's not nerfing, it's fxing an exploit.

I think catching up with faster frames is a cop out! This breaks game balance plain and simple, fun or not. People who like it should suggest the an alternative over this that doesn't break the speed systems put in place. Most frames that are slow are slow for a reason [iE: they are tankier or they potentially have a "back row role" in a team setup]. Frames that are faster usually are so to make up for the fact that they are frail and have built in melee dependency.

Once you view sprint speed as a discount on incoming damage [sprint speed can be viewed as a function of area over time, considering enemy fire rates when closing on them it can also be viewed as damage over the same time], you begin to see the problem with frames like Frost having access to it without having to pay for it. This effect does not just increase their speed, but also their survivability!

The problem people are having is one of community and a disparity in view of how the game should be played. People in the rush group view a level as a competition of speed and kills. People who aren't see the game as more of a team game. If you are in the second group the speed of your frame doesn't matter, because the faster frames don't leave you behind. Needless to say, workable or not, an exploit is an exploit. For the same reason as before when people were macroing wave dash, this too should be removed!

Valid and important points.

1) I wish all frames ran the same speed.

2) There's nothing wrong with Rhino in that situation. You are using the wrong weapons. Some weapons work much better against specific factions than others. Personally I love a strong shotgun against infested. Hit them with the right weapon and ancients get stunned themselves.

And what happens when you're a newbie who's just trying to clear levels but doesn't see anybody in those levels and has to go at it solo?

What if you don't have dual heat swords or dual ethers or a good shotgun yet?

And what happens when you're a newbie who's just trying to clear levels but doesn't see anybody in those levels and has to go at it solo?

What if you don't have dual heat swords or dual ethers or a good shotgun yet?

If you've bought or crafted Rhino, you can buy or craft Strun, or dual ethers. What does solo have to do with it? My reply was for soloing.