Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost + Overextended

mmcareen

So the topic off today is going to be frost with overextended.  Personally I don't use it, makes the snow globe weaker and I have lost enough matches because of a weak frost, don't need any weaker ones.  Plus bigger globes mean enermies can get inside easier making them able to shoot you.  As well if just a stretch on if in T3/4D if the globe is cast on the team not the core there is no way possible the team is hit by blast damage.  The core can be but not enough to even enough that it wouldn't be at full health by the start of the next round.  I have tested this up to 60 waves in a T4D.  My globe never came down once.  Not even between waves.  But I have also been asked to leave because I don't have overextended on.  I will leave.  That's no problems, the hosts key the host rules.  That's how I play.  I would like to know what the majority of the community thinks.  What do you think about using overextended on frost?

Edited by mmcareen

Overextended has become essential to me in my T4D experience. Why? Particularly bombards and nullifiers. Most of the team will need more space to move around and still be protected from the deadly one shotting missiles. The low HP for me is solved by using it every 4 or so seconds, taking advantage of it's invulnerability period and absorbing the enormous damage taken from enemies into it's health. I also use the syndicate mod so most stragglers will just freeze and can be taken care of easily.

Those who ask for Overextended on the SG for T4D usually also want the Frost to be a 3-mashing bot and have him cast SG every 4s for the whole mission.

Tbh Stretch is enough. The negative PS from Overextended is too much of a malus.

Only build in which OE makes sense for Frost, at least imho, are the CC caster builds i was experimenting with, using Ice Wave Impedance and/or Chilling Globe and neutral duration - max efficiency - max range. Pretty good for mobile missions, max range SG is an insanely good area slowdown (bonus points for protection), and Ice Wave with augment can lock down entire tiles with just 1-2 well placed casts (it's a 47m*7m strip)

Personally, I use overextended, simply because I don't do 60 waves of T4D, it's enough just for 20, for me. Also the reason is due to being able to cast globe twice and the 2nd casted globe will absorb the first to double up its HP, otherwise I'd never go with overextended.