Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nerf The Scorpions Please. Very Annoying Unit.

Lancars

From the commets I read here, not many of you are playing with not owerpowered frames or perma CC. Scorpions are not as bad as the OP is describing them but they have issues. The wire, like Bombards rokets, can go around the corner and does it fairly sharp and fast. So often there is no time to block or roll becouse you cannot see it comming.

Playing with fully moded weapons and killing groups of enemies as soon as they come into a room is what the veterans experience. Try not so hard and play alone, like many new players and you will hate them.

I'm infuriated. I have a reason to be. I find this mechanic beyond ridiculous then challenging. I will be salty about it. If i was any more angry then MAYBE i would have said more obscene things.

grineer have 0 stuns aside from heavies

taking out a mechanic that actually makes you vulnerable for once is stupid

as is i think this game is far to easy and cant wait for sentients 

hopefully something everyone wants is locked behind them and only trully good players who can learn to deal with problems can get it

seriosuly anoying that the forums is just filled with 

"nerf this nerf that buff this buff that"

sadly this game has turned into a joke now seeing as there is now ZERO end game aside from raid and thats still a meh because you can cheese the raid with smoke shadow lokis and new loka ancients 

scorpions are fine as is 

just topiss you off 

i think we need a manic with ancient infested auras and scorpion stun and the health of a heavy gunner at lvl 50 including armour 

From the commets I read here, not many of you are playing with not owerpowered frames or perma CC. Scorpions are not as bad as the OP is describing them but they have issues. The wire, like Bombards rokets, can go around the corner and does it fairly sharp and fast. So often there is no time to block or roll becouse you cannot see it comming.

Playing with fully moded weapons and killing groups of enemies as soon as they come into a room is what the veterans experience. Try not so hard and play alone, like many new players and you will hate them.

the issue in this is that there is no clear speration from noob areas or pro areas

issue is not with the enemies

this has been brought up in alot of forum posts and needs to be fixed so people stop crying all the time in the forums drowning out peoples ideas that are actually beneficial 

Hmm lets see.   Link, Hallowed ground, iron skin sure footed, handspring, just to name a few   kno wat ur up against n build accordingly.   They arent as bad as u say

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

even G.I.JOE understands that knowing is half the battle

oh im getting stund? rhino .. valk... limbo...handspring .. etc.

easy counter

If an enemy type is a problem you have options:

1. Change your play style

2. Change your mods

3. Don't play the missions where they can spawn

4. Ask DE to nerf them

4. Ask DE to nerf them

4. stop ruining the forums with your crying

4.stop playing the game

I've noticed that if you block while they grapple you, they can't knock you down. I would recommend Fortitude. Doesn't always help, but it has a chance to resist knockdown, and gives some shield recharge. Run this on all my shield heavy frames like Volt. 

Chill, mates. Heated arguments won't fix the problem. Lancars, I know you may be angry, but there is no reason to fight about it. Instead of this irrational problematic war, how 'bout we talk about how DE could fix this mechanic? Or how would be a decent way replace it? Think 'balanced', people.

Remember, we can all be friends here.

Edited by TheMetrocop

Anytime i fight grineer and i'm going through the level every few seconds a friggin scorpion slips around the corner and insta harpoons. I'm getting sick of being harpooned ever 5 to 10 seconds on a lot of grineer levels its getting infuriating. They never seem to miss. And they can shoot it through friendlies so they can be in a crowd and BAM harpooned.

Mods won't solve this problem and i can roll and dodge all i want but they seems to snapshot the thing and it doesn't miss at a set range. And some levels end up being cramped as soon as they round the corner its the FIRST thing they do and they seem to fire it before you even get around the corner so when i do pop out BAM harpoon and knocked over at point blank range. I have constitution mod but the fact i'm getting knocked down over and over and over and over and over and over and over its like a broken record with these (Insert harsh obscene words that can't speak on the forums due to rules)

Enough with the harpoon spam. Its not a challenge or an enemy tactic its just stupid annoying spam. I feel like i have to run a spammy frame in order to counter this cheap spammy tactic. Fight spam with spam and then worry when that spam ability he frame has gets nerfed.

EDIT: SInce people are reading into this wrong I AM NOT DYING TO THEM i'm just finding it very annoying. I don't die to the scorpions or there harpoons i just find the spam they do just plain stupid.

I am only going to half agree with you. I generally don't find them a problem, I'm experienced enough that a few seconds on my &#! don't get me killed and when I get up, everything dies.

However.

In Raids they are very annoying. In stage 2, the yellow pads, someone has to remain on it until they are all occupied (annoying puzzle to find the correct ones) Going on the wrong 1 gets you zapped. The only times I have survived this zap have been through Rift Walk or Hysteria. If you go one button 1 and so one goes one button 2 and then you get off button 1 it counts button 2 as being the first pressed and zaps everyone on a button. This is where the problem comes. I play Trintiy. So I am moving as much as I can while staying on a button, trying to not get get killed, while trying to spam Energy Vampire and Blessing and kill stuff. Bombards knock down won't affect me through link. With the Scorpians...I don't fall over but sometimes 1 slips my sight and hooks me, as I said I don't fall but I still get tugged towards me and BAM whole team dead.

Annoying af sometimes but not in need of a nerf.

The only real problem I have with Scorpions is them using their harpoons when you're so close you can smell their awful breath.  They should only use it when you're at least a few meters away, which I think is the intention of the developers but fails to be executed properly by the game from time to time.

P.S. - I only say awful because Grineer clones probably don't have a solid dental insurance plan.

Edited by SullyTheStalker