Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Since When Was The Hive Alive/haunted?

ArkNeither

So I was doing some Syndicate Alert missions that involved the Corpus Infested Hive tileset, and I got a flickering light moment... Readied myself for Stalker or whatelse might be out there... No one came...

So I decided to keep proceeding with the mission, then the flickering lights kept happening and happening. I noticed that the entire ship growled and the lights would flicker at the same time, combined with the infested enemies having a graphic on them like they got hit by a Valkyr Warcry...

One time the growling and lights thing happened alongside scenic environmental destruction; coincidence or not? Idk.

---

I may only play Warframe once or twice a week, but I don't remember the Hive being literally alive... or haunted... I missed out on the Juggernaut tactical alert so I was worried maybe I was approaching a Juggernaut, but none to be found... when was this (very awesomely terrifying) living Hive ambiance added into the game?

That's a jugg. Probably had some pathing issues and that's why you never encountered it directly.

EDIT: Read a little on the wikia, apparently he roars and buffs infested before he actually spawns.
"The Juggernaut does not spawn nor continue its roars if the mission objective is completed before it can roar three times."

Edited by MrPie5

Infested missions from a certain level upwards now feature the Juggernaut roaring from time to time, boosting Infested units around you.

You also get to encounter the Juggernaut itself, usually in a random spot of the map, unless you have already completed the objective.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Juggernaut

If you play any other Infested mission on Eris, or sometimes even in Dark Sectors and Derelicts, you will get the same thing happening.

as far as i know, you need to search for him, he is lazy to run, you know big body too much weight

ok, but after that you done THREE times the entire map, i think it would be good for him to show himself

we don't play hide and seek :p

Eris Exterminates tend to be good to actually fight the Juggernaut. They take you through most of the level and they last a while so you should get 3 roars + beasty before you run out of infested to kill and "objective completed" locks him out from appearing.