Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested - Technocyte

FuzzySharky

So with the introduction of Vauban and his stasis field like skill these fellas just feel more like the stand in for the usual: Necromorph (Dual Plasma Cutters anyone?)/Flood/Zombie/Organic enemy etc. Plus their horde AI (hop on a crate *hint) and bullet sponge design doesn't add when compared with other enemies.

Now this is not a rant, in fact the infested/technocyte got a nice idea behind their origins - failed "pieces" or experiments with the organic bits which are the warframes.

It feels though like the current design isn't fully realized to represent that idea, instead it borrows too much on familiar designs. The suggestion is to make the infested more sentient on an individual level per unit (although they are semi hive mind?) and perhaps give them a redesign which will fit more with the original idea and not just a beast, deformed like "infected" enemies. Something that will make them feel different enough from the mentioned above.

Also this is probably will be implemented at some point but i'll mention it anyway, Infested settings (ships and planet side bases) and not just re-skin/decorations rather new architecture style. 

Part of the problem is they only have two models right now. I'm hoping that DE does something like the old Technocyte designs from Dark Sector.

Moles.png

TechnocyteTrooper.jpg

288388_full.jpg

Colossus3.jpg

288384_full.jpg

They are probably the most distinctive techno zombies I can think of. Pity the game itself was bland and buggy.

Part of the problem is they only have two models right now. I'm hoping that DE does something like the old Technocyte designs from Dark Sector.

-AWESOME IMAGES-

They are probably the most distinctive techno zombies I can think of. Pity the game itself was bland and buggy.

HEYULL YE-AS, PLEASE.

Human form suits borrowing from animal like designs (Hammerhead shark Loki, Spider Trinity, Rooster Ember etc), then having animal like enemies borrowing from the human form great idea indeed. 

Also the brute would have been nice if it could "form" in real time from several smaller chargers for instance. (Actually it's entire concept kind of reminds the Rhino.)

Last one is a MOA without the upper body section.

Those are great concepts, these baddies along with perhaps even some "gone wrong" (mutated) warframes as part of failed experiments by the Corpus with some skill sets taken from current frames as bosses.

I definitely think the Infested ancients should be more discernable from each other. Color changes aren't particularly interesting. Posion ancient looks good, but would look cool with huge inflating and deflating sacks or posion on its back. Healer could look ornate with large spiny bone extrusions and honeycombed body, basically something from HR Giger. Disruptor I cant really think of anything. Maybe a gray body with waves of red, but when it attacks the red pulastes faster and its entire body vibrates violently. Individual units could definitely look different too, but I'm not sure how far you could go without breaking away from the lore.

I definitely think the Infested ancients should be more discernable from each other. Color changes aren't particularly interesting. Posion ancient looks good, but would look cool with huge inflating and deflating sacks or posion on its back. Healer could look ornate with large spiny bone extrusions and honeycombed body, basically something from HR Giger. Disruptor I cant really think of anything. Maybe a gray body with waves of red, but when it attacks the red pulastes faster and its entire body vibrates violently. Individual units could definitely look different too, but I'm not sure how far you could go without breaking away from the lore.

I get the feeling that the current ancient models are all placeholders, given that they're simply recolored runners/leapers/crawlers. Indeed, currently the Infested only have two models: infested grineer (chargers), and infested corpus (everything else.)

It would be nice to have greater variation in the enemy models; Infested shouldn't turn out exactly identical in appearance IMO. And yeah, Ancients that look distinctly different from each other would be nice, unless if only Corpus could end up as Ancients (Unfair for the poor Grineer! xD).