Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baro Ki'teer Lacks, Luster

Doom_Bunny

Baro Ki'teer comes around to the relays every two weeks; brings about three to five items, stands on a podium, and asks for large amounts of two types of currency. It's kind of plain and repetitive. It's almost like christmas in that the player would buy these items regardless because they would like to have them. However like every special event it loses it's shine and just becomes the norm if it's repeated in succession like this.

What I've been thinking lately is to have his vistis more random, and his vacation time longer. This way the player would mostly forget and move on from Baro Ki'teer. Then when he finally does arrive at the relays make it grand. Give him his own special shop, and instead of 3-5 items. Have a list of previous and new items ready and waiting for tenno hands.

Just adding on, if he takes longer to arrive, he should bring more stuff to offer or little but useful/powerful as that shows that he has been working to obtain them for sale.

That's the idea. DE get's more time to create, and the players get more time to, well just play.

I'm still waiting when DE realises, that we want prime parts from him...

I wish! but the guns and mods aren't bad. The repainted armour and noggle though...they're so-so.

You get rid of prime parts to get prime parts.. what's the point of that

Sell a great amount of parts to get one rare part that you are sorely missing. It wouldn't be so bad if we didn't already have trading.

I would prefer if he came weekly and brought his entire old inventory, plus one set of new things a week. I came back from a break and had to buy most of the mods out of trade chat because he is slowly rotating through his stock instead of it all being available at once. Despite having 8k ducats. I would also really like to get the prisma liset skin because it looks boss but I missed it and it hasn't been back yet. I don't understand why he can't just have all of it every time.

I feel like that would remove people feeling like they need to farm ducats like crazy despite not being in the mood to. No need to grind incessantly this week when you're busy, it'll all be there next week when you have a couple days off and nothing to do but farm!

I would prefer if he came weekly and brought his entire old inventory, plus one set of new things a week. I came back from a break and had to buy most of the mods out of trade chat because he is slowly rotating through his stock instead of it all being available at once. Despite having 8k ducats. I would also really like to get the prisma liset skin because it looks boss but I missed it and it hasn't been back yet. I don't understand why he can't just have all of it every time.

I feel like that would remove people feeling like they need to farm ducats like crazy despite not being in the mood to. No need to grind incessantly this week when you're busy, it'll all be there next week when you have a couple days off and nothing to do but farm!

Always having the void trader around would kind of ruin him a bit. He would become another market place, no lore, his just there. At least at the moment he has a smidge of lore of why he has these items and why he must keep moving to avoid detection.

The problem we have is that he was meant to be the solution to our excess prime parts. However he just comes too fast and too expensive for many people. Meanwhile for other people who play loads of void missions he doesn't come soon enough and his inventory is small.

On one hand if we keep him as a constant market place with a non-cycling inventory it does provide more access to players. This however puts DE under pressure to release new items to keep the trader interesting. Most likely the prices will grow to stem player's from buying items so fast.

On the other hand we could remove that horrible feel by giving the player's loads of time (which gives DE time) and a non-cycling inventory. The prices might very well rise due to having more time and a non-cycling inventory. But these prices aren't directed to stop you, but give you a kind of goal to reach.