Pc 16.9.0: Excalibur Feedback Megathread

[DE]Rebecca

Exhalted Blade is COMPLETELY broken.

No Energy Blade.

No Stance.

No Energy Waves.

Nothing.

It just switches to Melee mode.

Sadly i can confirm that, also i think old carrier bug is back. Again the little guy got to much of greedy milk.

Video didnt upload to the youtube yet idk why, maybe ill get it here.

Anyway, I can't seem to shoot energy from my excalibur blade anymore, i liked it because i could melee air units that are annying to kill with melee - not being forced to turn off the ability, shoot it, then go back to your melee.

Also sometimes the 4th skill will glitch and the sword will be invisable.

My current melee weapon is already really good so no point for me to use excal's 4th unless it shoots stuff too.

Compared to many other warframes where you press 4 and the whole room dies, I think the shooting out energy should be put back into the weapon.

- And thats my feedback. Thanks.

Edited by SoggyCow

As of update 16.9.2. Excaliburs Exalted Blade takes the stance of the melee weapon equipped and doesnt make energy waves at all. 

i2rakl.jpg

This is getting worse and worse.. 

Honestly, that's probably an improvement since its inborn stance is unimpressive and the blade waves are more annoying than useful.  Crimson Dervish EB is probably jokes; I can't wait for people to complain when it gets fixed.  

has anyone worked out a way to have both a good excal build and a good melee build? Because so far since his powers scale off melee mods (not weapon damage), and damage is distributed equally between slash, impact and puncture, I assume the best way to make excal's powers effective is to put all +120% physical damage mods on your melee, which buffs the powers, but makes the melee weapon itself crap. 

As of update 16.9.2. Excaliburs Exalted Blade takes the stance of the melee weapon equipped and doesnt make energy waves at all. 

i2rakl.jpg

This is getting worse and worse.. 

I figured out how it works again. I just took off the stance mod and boom. Maybe DE could hotfix this..

it0qEQJ.jpg

Update: Its been fixed now.. move along

Edited by Rodee7

So when is Slash Dash's targeting going to be fixed/improved ? Getting tired of dashing to maybe 2 enemies despite there being 20+ enemies in front of me.

Also can we make finisher prompts use the interact key ? Or some way to remove finishers from Radial Blind ? just for people who would like to use their melee for more than 2 animations and a slide attack.

EDIT Can we also make Radial Blind's animation affected by Natural Talent ? Since there is no casting difference with or without.

Edited by CTanGod

I tested out Slash Dash a little bit.

- With 33% Duration (i.e. very, very, very low duration): Casting Slash Dash allowed up to nine individual swings on a large crowd. On that same dense crowd, the average number of swings was about five. And on that same dense crowd, I got two swings more than once.

During these instances, Excal charged forward and smacked the nearest enemy, then slid right past about eight other guys (not even outside the cone; he just rammed right into them and kept going) right behind the first and smacked some lonely guy in the back.

- With over 100% Duration, similar results. Averaged at about five swings per cast on thick crowds. So, I guess we have reason to believe that Duration does not have an effect on the number of enemies hit with SD.

This was done by summoning 12 high-leveled Ancient Healers in one spot in the Simalcrum.

It would be great if the devs fixed Slash Dash's targeting system, because right now it is just broken as hell. In gigantic, thick crowds of enemies, Excal will sometimes hit everything in the cone and sometimes ignore everything right in front of him and just hit two or three guys. This is not okay.

I tested out Slash Dash a little bit.

- With 33% Duration (i.e. very, very, very low duration): Casting Slash Dash allowed up to nine individual swings on a large crowd. On that same dense crowd, the average number of swings was about five. And on that same dense crowd, I got two swings more than once.

During these instances, Excal charged forward and smacked the nearest enemy, then slid right past about eight other guys (not even outside the cone; he just rammed right into them and kept going) right behind the first and smacked some lonely guy in the back.

- With over 100% Duration, similar results. Averaged at about five swings per cast on thick crowds. So, I guess we have reason to believe that Duration does not have an effect on the number of enemies hit with SD.

This was done by summoning 12 high-leveled Ancient Healers in one spot in the Simalcrum.

It would be great if the devs fixed Slash Dash's targeting system, because right now it is just broken as hell. In gigantic, thick crowds of enemies, Excal will sometimes hit everything in the cone and sometimes ignore everything right in front of him and just hit two or three guys. This is not okay.

I have found that it only scales on power range.  It may be that once the new SD reaches a target it uses the remaining distance it didn't travel to slash additional targets.  Will test this.  

This is a feedback for U16.9.2 and the Excalibur's EB perma-channelling removal with some questions about the motivation of it:

As I remember DE said long ago that channelling a weapon means letting the Warframe energy go though it, and as I remember the EB is a weapon maded COMPLETELY from Excalibur's energy that continously drain his energy too, making it channelled with him even more compared to the other melee weapons, but then someone can explain me why Excalibur do have to use more energy on a weapon that already drains energy out of him for using an effect that should be enabled by default?

First DE nerf RB because "light can't get through objects", but then make a unique perma-channeled weapon not using channelling damage/effects normally because "???"?

I really don't get the logic of this nerf, and even if I do like Excalibur I don't think it can be compared to other melee Warframes like Valkyr which not only have natural Life Strike, but a very long ult duration and invincibility for all the skill time too.

Oh well, seems like I said victory too much soon for this Excalibur revamp, going back to play other games.

Ok, so after using slash dash for 2 days I have concluded that it is majorly unreliable. 9 times out of 10 when I use it on a crowd of enemies I only hit one or 2 at a time, if I'm lucky I'll hit 2 more. This NEEDS to be fixed.

Edited by DALOS

I have a problem with Slash Dash. Actually, I have many problems.

It doesn't give a proper amount of feedback. I feel like it's far too random when it's going to hit 2 or all 4 enemies per cast. It gets stuck on defense pods and leaves you highly vulnerable and doesn't actually deal any damage as a result.

There needs to be a better sound effect for when the blade actually connects and lands a strike.

Vs. crawler infested, it always misses and has you either move OVER them, or end up standing on top of them after using it.

When fighting Infested, I honestly can't even tell half the time when or if it's hitting anything. It feels far too unreliable and I end up just using it for mobility only, and almost never to actually attack anything because it feels @(*()$ useless.

A more pronounced, unique sound effect for when it lands a strike, and perhaps some adjustments to how it handles target acquisition when a defense pod is in the way, would stand to dramatically improve the ease of use for this ability.

Thus far slash dash appears to be extremely unreliable, it hits hard but it behaves as if it doesn't want to hit anyone. The targeting mechanic it uses is unpredictable.

Exalted Blade needs some form of defense from knockdown procs, maybe innate knockdown resistance chance. Right now when using Exalted Blade more often than not I'm getting bounced around the map by enemies and their CC (Ground punch, Blast Proc, Moa Stomp, Scorpion wires) It can make using Exalted blade both frustrating and a death sentence.

If not the capability to defend against knockdowns perhaps instead, while Exalted Blade is active, Excalibur could actually block projectiles from behind (with a unique animation/effect; possibly the Dark Sector Shield ability) as well to separate the effectiveness of its ultimate from the Reflex Guard mod.

(Maybe check out the animations on Radial Blind, Excalibur's back stretches oddly)

Edited by Grand-Dozer

This is a feedback for U16.9.2 and the Excalibur's EB perma-channelling removal with some questions about the motivation of it:

As I remember DE said long ago that channelling a weapon means letting the Warframe energy go though it, and as I remember the EB is a weapon maded COMPLETELY from Excalibur's energy that continously drain his energy too, making it channelled with him even more compared to the other melee weapons, but then someone can explain me why Excalibur do have to use more energy on a weapon that already drains energy out of him for using an effect that should be enabled by default?

First DE nerf RB because "light can't get through objects", but then make a unique perma-channeled weapon not using channelling damage/effects normally because "???"?

I really don't get the logic of this nerf, and even if I do like Excalibur I don't think it can be compared to other melee Warframes like Valkyr which not only have natural Life Strike, but a very long ult duration and invincibility for all the skill time too.

Oh well, seems like I said victory too much soon for this Excalibur revamp, going back to play other games.

The logic behind Excal using a Channeled Sword and not being able to use innate Channeled mods as a passive is the same logic Valkyr shares.  She's able to steal energy just by killing her enemy.  I love Valkyr but being selective when it comes to logic is meh. 

The thing wasn't even broken :/  Oh well what's done is done.  I just need a unranked Life Strike now so I can replace my max.  I'll go back to my main frame until I get one maybe

Exalted Blade needs some form of defense from knockdown procs, maybe innate knockdown resistance chance. Right now when using Exalted Blade more often than not I'm getting bounced around the map by enemies and their CC (Ground punch, Blast Proc, Moa Stomp, Scorpion wires) It can make using Exalted blade both frustrating and a death sentence.

The problem is that all melee stance combos make you resilient to knockdowns, trips, and grabs.

Exalted Blade does not act like a true stance.

Just an oversight of development...hopefully it will be fixed.

The auto-parry function of Exalted Blade is bugged and doesn't block knockdown and grappling hooks. Enemy ground slams and scorpion/ancient grappling hooks can still knock Excalibur down despite EB being active. Normal parrying blocks knockdowns and hooks, so why doesn't EB auto-parry block them as well?

Haven't read all 45 pages, but in regards to the bug with throwing weapons..

The key seems to be the Proto-Glaive skin. I did a quick and dirty test with all the throwing weapons in the game and they all worked fine. They all bugged out when used with the Proto-Glaive skin on them.

On both Excalibur and Excalibur prime the bug causes the Exalted Blade to have very short range and it does not generate waves. Exalibur's is invisible. Exalibur Prime's is visible but it's very small and thin.

Sometimes it will proc Purity when equipping Prisma Skana with Bright Purity.  At the same time, damage of exalted blade (melee and wave) becomes abysmal, like the release version. Berserker still works though.

Edit: it seems to happen when you are client.

Edited by CynicalGoose

Honestly, I do not enjoy the new changes.

4th ability is very limiting regarding setup. It visually replaces my weapon, why?

Slash Dash is now has the same way unreliable now as RB and RJ, great! :(

RB and EB do not work well together, so much for melee build.

Edited by ---Excalibur---

The auto-parry function of Exalted Blade is bugged and doesn't block knockdown and grappling hooks. Enemy ground slams and scorpion/ancient grappling hooks can still knock Excalibur down despite EB being active. Normal parrying blocks knockdowns and hooks, so why doesn't EB auto-parry block them as well?

I saw this too i think it should auto parry  knock downs or to be imune,  because when things get serious you are more like a puppet flying around.

Does Reflex Guard block them?  This seems like a 100% Reflex Guard to me.