Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Can't Wait For This Game To Die, Because Of What Will Happen With It Afterwards.

Institute-Marksman

Okay, the title is a bit clickbait but this is definitely not a rant thread.

I can hardly wait, because then we'll experience the true game in all it's glory: hacked. Play as any character with any weapons and any abilities. Fly as Ordis, or as anything. No grinding for mods because spawning the mod is way easier. You can just shift appearance as you desire and still be able to wallrun etc.

But why? Because I realize that DE will never allow any of these things. Maybe some of it as an act of desperation when this game becomes outdated and is dying, but no sooner.

It'll probably take a good amount of very prosperous years in which Warframe will blossom. But out of it's death(whenever that happens, a new world will open up. A free one.

I doubt this game will last forever. People will shift their attention to something new and different. Shooters like these(the player versus hundreds if not thousands of NPC enemies) is not new(think Halo, Call of Duty, Brothers In Arms, Mass Effect, to name a few). One day, it's going to get outperformed by another game.

Don't get me wrong, I love this game to death. But, like all things in life, it simply can't last forever.

Edited by Institute-Marksman

well since the servers for the game are owned and hosted by DE if the game were to die DE would go out of business and the game would stop functioning. Also with this game being community funded as long as they continue to make the game based on our feedback we'll keep playing and spending money to keep it going meaning it would never die.

well since the servers for the game are owned and hosted by DE if the game were to die DE would go out of business and the game would stop functioning. Also with this game being community funded as long as they continue to make the game based on our feedback we'll keep playing and spending money to keep it going meaning it would never die.

Though this is all nice and stuff, I doubt this game will last forever. People will shift their attention to something new and different. Shooters like these(the player versus hundreds if not thousands of NPC enemies) is not new(think Halo, Call of Duty, Brothers In Arms, Mass Effect, to name a few). One day, it's going to get outperformed by another game.

The anti-cheat system will still be enabled. 

There will be new ways of hacking, technology has always been advancing. When this game stops advancing, stuff gets outdated.

So you're planning on hacking warframe?

Hmmm, can we get this guy banned? xD

Lol I can't hack for S#&$. XD

There will be new ways of hacking, technology has always been advancing. When this game stops advancing, stuff gets outdated.

And you think when they give up on the game, they'll just keep it running and lose money on something that isn't profitable anymore?

Yeah, whatever. Go check out people still playing Counter Strike, they sure are going to leave the game soon.

Warframe has that kind of popularity and inertia what some really grand screw-ups required to make it suddenly flop upside and die.

And that kind of stuff is easely reverted, so if anything like that happens, devs will just write an apology and roll back the changes.

Edited by Prospal

And you think when they give up on the game, they'll just keep it running and lose money on something that isn't profitable anymore?

Ofcourse not. Buty a certain somebody with a certain access could perhaps by chance accidentally download the game from the inactive servers and redistribute it, where it might accidentally end up in the hands of someone whose good at hacking and who loved this game to death.

Yeah, whatever. Go check out people still playing Counter Strike, they sure are going to leave the game soon.

Warframe has that kind of popularity and inertia what some really grand screw-ups required to make it suddenly flop upside and die.

And that kind of stuff is easely reverted to previous state.

I never said it would suddenly die. Gradually, if anything.

Ofcourse not. Buty a certain somebody with a certain access could perhaps by chance accidentally download the game from the inactive servers and redistribute it, where it might accidentally end up in the hands of someone whose good at hacking and who loved this game to death.

And then DE will pretty much set up a huge S#&$storm over the people accessing their property without their permission.