Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Just Can't Wrap My Head Around It... Why Would Anyone Willingly Support Alad?

(XBOX)Grihaly

Yeah a lot of people are very anti religious these days and when just a little bit of it is shown they get their panties in a twist.

Not everyone is. Seeing a friend's house burned down because he wasn't the 'right' religion cured me of EVER trusting ANYONE who spouts like Nef. Funny thing? The volunteer firefighters who responded were most not that religion either. They rescued his family DESPITE the mob. The cops who sat and watched my friend's house get torched with his family inside? Don't ask where. You don't want to know.

But back to the game...

That beard... nope. The beard was really did it for me. NEVER trust a GLOWING beard.

Edited by Kalenath

Well, from a lore respective you have to know that the Tenno are still human at their core. Whatever they've become physically between the Void and Orokin experiments, they still have the souls and feelings of humanity in them. As such, they can feel pity for even someone like Alad V, and if such a person came to them, begging forgiveness, saying he could find a cure to the worse plague ever unleashed upon the System, some would look to themselves and say "this is worth the risk" or even "he has turned over a new leaf"; and, thus, they would overlook or even forget the distrustfulness of Alad in the past in their hope for such a grand cure.

Humans are fallible, especially when emotions get involved, the Tenno are no different.

---

From a player-perspective: some people just think that Karak will be more fun. Can't fault them for wanting what weapon they want.

The "Shame this one is still brewing, would be fun to see him in action" and "If you can save just one life, save mine" sentences of Salad during his side of the conflict don't already give away that he's not changed? He's still an egoistic mad scientist with no regard to life and just wants to build strong weaponry so he can get domination of the board and possibly over the entire system. Why do people now think he's turning good, just because he wants to cure himself (and most likely only himself)? Not to mention that if you pick Neffy's side, you do not actually help Neffy! you just destroy everything, no one gets the maniac data, so you're just eliminated a potential threat to the system. Anyway #giveuntothebeard

This.

Not everyone plays with a sincere attention to the story. Majority of players are here to get cool guns, and point those guns at anyone's face. None of these players are making decisions based on their ideologies of good and evil. For that matter, any notion of right and wrong decision-making in a video game is false.

Some of us actually care about the story. If we didn't like you, then there wouldn't be a story, there wouldn't be characters, it would be mindless, pointless, killing, with no overall goal.

also everyone deserves a second chance. if Salad aint just spewing S#&$ from his mouth and wants to help us. great! he needs to work off the debt he owes us for saving his ! and for all the S#&$ he's done back in the gradivus dilemma.

but if he betrays us he's dead. period. he lost the last people who would listen to him. and so he'll die a slow, painful, death, by galatine enema.

He gave up his second chance when he infested himself.

And me, I can't wrap my head on why would anyone want a character REMOVED from the game.

I don't like Nef Anyo, but I want him to be in the game.

Why would you want Vay Hek or anyone else to be removed from the game? Let new players meet them. Let veteran players fight them again whenever they want.

Now, back on topic. Why do I support Alad V? Because I find Nef Anyo to be far more annoying. I can't stand televangelist babblers. At least Alad V is a smart guy.

They're old and worn out, they fail and fail again. It's time for a new generation.

He didn't do anything to Mesa, he found an empty Mesa warframe and fused it with infested biomass.

Nerp. He made it empty after taking her out. Fatally. #Headcanon