Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Itty Bitty Armor Buff For Paper Frames?

Dijn11

I feel like the Warframes with armor below 50 armor, the ones I can remember, Volt, Nyx, Zephyr, Trinity, need to have the armor increased to *at least* 50.

Back then, I guess they used Excalibur as the standard-stat Warframe, but now he has significantly increased armor, from 65 to, 200 or so. With that, I think the previously mentioned Frames need to be buffed up as well.

Is 65, Excalibur's old armor, too much? Yes? Then please, at least Mesa's armor of 50 :(. Even Loki and Ash, the ones who go INVISIBLE, have better armor.

Frost has good armor and a "can't touch this" globe. Even though he usually dosen't charge into the swarm of enemies like Rhino (at least the concept playstyle for Rhino is charging in) he has better armor than Volt (me), who really really wants to tear through the enemy without losing half health.

As Arkinvas mentioned, the frames in the OP are some of the most survivable frames in game. Not all frames should be relying on armor in my opinion.

Volt for instance is one of my favorite melee only frames, and I almost never go down with him. You just have to build for survivability and the type of mission you are planning to play, not every frame should be optimal for every function. At high level the for "paper frames" at the top tend to survive better than Rhino, surviving and tanking damage can be two different things, a different way is not getting hit. You don't need armor if you don't get hit.

As Arkinvas mentioned, the frames in the OP are some of the most survivable frames in game. Not all frames should be relying on armor in my opinion.

Volt for instance is one of my favorite melee only frames, and I almost never go down with him. You just have to build for survivability and the type of mission you are planning to play, not every frame should be optimal for every function. At high level the for "paper frames" at the top tend to survive better than Rhino, surviving and tanking damage can be two different things, a different way is not getting hit. You don't need armor if you don't get hit.

it would still be nice to get so you -don't- go down in one hit just because a bullet somehow found its way to you.  Also so that more of those frames can be built based on the mission type.  If you're in any endless mode bar maybe intercept, there's time's you'll be too still to dodge

Armor is plain broken. Only ridiculously high armor values are worth anything. It's all or nothing, either go Valkyr or forget armor entirely. The only frames I use Steel Fiber on for instance, are Valkyr and sometimes Frost for the snowglobe armor affected by Frost's. Using it on any other frame just isn't worth it.

Rework armor dear devs, make it relevant, or better yet, rework this broken scaling that has been plaguing the game for so long. Just a suggestion...

it would still be nice to get so you -don't- go down in one hit just because a bullet somehow found its way to you.  Also so that more of those frames can be built based on the mission type.  If you're in any endless mode bar maybe intercept, there's time's you'll be too still to dodge

In high level endless missions, do you think that if they had 50 armor and you slotted a maxed steel fiber that you still would not die in 1 hit? You would, the idea is that you would use your cc before standing still or in the intercept you mention you would just keep moving around.