Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe, Top Rated on MMOHut!

Konnstruct

Is it just me, or is every detail missing except rating for Warframe? Also those two games you mentioned are bad.

Lol, I'm not here to debate how 'good' games are, that's all opinion.

But it's amazing that a game like this, that is a very early beta (not even open yet, which im assuming is why the details are missing) can beat out full-release games that are loved by millions.

Edited by FrydHamstr

Lol, I'm not here to debate how 'good' games are, that's all opinion.

But it's amazing that a game like this, that is a very early beta (not even open yet, which im assuming is why the details are missing) can beat out full-release games that are loved by millions.

'kay, focusing on warframe. There was a video which I was introduced to earlier today, about a game called "dark sector" by DE, that is basically this game. The video appeared at E3 in 2007. Dunno how early in the development stage this really is.

'kay, focusing on warframe. There was a video which I was introduced to earlier today, about a game called "dark sector" by DE, that is basically this game. The video appeared at E3 in 2007. Dunno how early in the development stage this really is.

Since the release of Dark Sector DE wanted to continue that game, but they had to work on other projects. Obviously Beta of every game is not really "early development stage", they must be working on it since some years (I think) to make it playable.

Since the release of Dark Sector DE wanted to continue that game, but they had to work on other projects. Obviously Beta of every game is not really "early development stage", they must be working on it since some years (I think) to make it playable.

I got curious so I looked at the wiki page for Dark Sector. The main character is named Hayden Tenno. I'm not really sure what the connection is supposed to be here, but it's obvious that there is one. Sequel? Same universe, alternate?

I got curious so I looked at the wiki page for Dark Sector. The main character is named Hayden Tenno. I'm not really sure what the connection is supposed to be here, but it's obvious that there is one. Sequel? Same universe, alternate?

Same universe, spiritual sequel. I just wish I was so lucky to have gotten to play it, unfortunately I wasn't.

It's more like Warframe is the Dark Sector that Could Have Been.

Those numbers are based on Ratings - and Ratings work like that: 1 vote of 5.00 is 5.00. 10000 votes of everything from 1 to 5 is 2.5. That list doesn't really tell us anything but that the handful that has seen and played Warframe like it. It doesn't have any mass-audience relevance.

Those numbers are based on Ratings - and Ratings work like that: 1 vote of 5.00 is 5.00. 10000 votes of everything from 1 to 5 is 2.5. That list doesn't really tell us anything but that the handful that has seen and played Warframe like it. It doesn't have any mass-audience relevance.

You're missing the point here.

Lol, guess this thread is irelevant now ;)

Edited by FrydHamstr

You're missing the point here.

Warframe did not outdo those other games, is the point. A rating based statistic is flawed in it's presentation of the average. The lower the sample size, the less accurate the number. It takes 1 person to rate something at 5 and it will take the top of those charts. 100 people rating it at 4 and 5 may get it o 4.5, but 100 million rating it 3.5 and 4.5 will get an entry to 4.0. Is the 4.0 thing now worse than the 4.5 rating? Hardly. The 4.0 has way, way longer reach.

Warframe did not outdo those other games, is the point. A rating based statistic is flawed in it's presentation of the average. The lower the sample size, the less accurate the number. It takes 1 person to rate something at 5 and it will take the top of those charts. 100 people rating it at 4 and 5 may get it o 4.5, but 100 million rating it 3.5 and 4.5 will get an entry to 4.0. Is the 4.0 thing now worse than the 4.5 rating? Hardly. The 4.0 has way, way longer reach.

Okay, re-stating your point and giving me a math lesson doesn't change the point here.

Afraid you're still missing it.

Okay, re-stating your point and giving me a math lesson doesn't change the point here.

If I made a game today, and I voted 5 on it, and took a screenshot of it as soon as it was on that board, it would have a rating of 5 and I could say it was "voted as better by this ranking site" even though the rating number would be meaningless as it only had one vote.

Edited by Wiawyr

If I made a game today, and I voted 5 on it, and took a screenshot of it as soon as it was on that board, it would have a rating of 5 and I could say it was "voted as better by this ranking site" even though the rating number would be meaningless as it only had one vote.

Bro, theres is no need to point out what has been said at least twice now on this thread.

Again, missing the point of this thread.

The cons on that review annoy me, the only thing it has a slight point on is linear missions but thats what beta is for.

Yeah, I agree, there is no PvP because it's a CO-OP GAME!

Don't get me wrong, it would be a nice addition in the future.

Edited by FrydHamstr

GW2 is good, and a lot better than the overrated WoW.

GW2 is just okay, imo. It broke all its promises, ended up just being a grind fest after all with very little actual innovation, and is slowly working toward the wow template.

I adored GW1. I wanted GW2 to be the game changer it promised it would be, but it's just another generic mmo pretending that it's innovative.

What is the point? Because, if the point is that a game in Beta has a higher rating than those other games, I think both Wiawyr and I just explained how that is completely meaningless. But, please enlighten me as to what the point is that I keep missing. Maybe, because you are not telling me what the point is, so I have to work with what you gave me. :(

What is the point? Because, if the point is that a game in Beta has a higher rating than those other games, I think both Wiawyr and I just explained how that is completely meaningless. But, please enlighten me as to what the point is that I keep missing. Maybe, because you are not telling me what the point is, so I have to work with what you gave me. :(

Lol, I just thought it was interesting that such a little-known game like Warframe is/was above the MMO giants. so I posted it while it lasted (I knew it couldn't for long). It also means that we should definitely be seeing an influx of new players, but I'm not so sure we have.

Edited by FrydHamstr

Lol, I just thought it was interesting, so I posted it while it lasted (I knew it couldn't for long). It also means that we should definitely be seeing an influx of new players.

But that is my point in it's entirety.

A capped rating system like theirs can a) never display true appreciation because it doesn't take numbers into account and b) the older an entry is, the lower the score will become. Natural spread takes over, a true 5.0 can never be reached again once the first number below 5 rolled in, etc.

Bottom line is: Your finding may surprise you, but on second thought, it is both clear to deduct and pointless in it's meaning.

But that is my point in it's entirety.

A capped rating system like theirs can a) never display true appreciation because it doesn't take numbers into account and b) the older an entry is, the lower the score will become. Natural spread takes over, a true 5.0 can never be reached again once the first number below 5 rolled in, etc.

Bottom line is: Your finding may surprise you, but on second thought, it is both clear to deduct and pointless in it's meaning.

Yeah, I know it's meaningless, but you're thinking about it too much, it's just an interesting stat.

Yeah, I know it's meaningless, but you're thinking about it too much, it's just an interesting stat.

But it's not. It's like, say, on Newgrounds, which allows indie musicians to upload music for rating by others. A new song gets one vote at 5, and it's at the top of the chart. That doesn't mean it's the greatest song ever, it just means it has a vote of 5. It's not interesting that one person voted 5, it's inconclusive.

What I find interesting about the posted picture is how none of the other details about warframe were filled in. Who even voted on this, if there isn't any information about what kind of game it is? Paid-for votes?